driver attacks

do we all agree the poor greek driver should get a medal not a murder rap for defending himself and his load from the scum out their thinking they can just help them selfs to our loads.one less thief of the streets and 2 that should go to court and get sent down.

chipmonk66:
do we all agree the poor greek driver should get a medal not a murder rap for defending himself and his load from the scum out their thinking they can just help them selfs to our loads.one less thief of the streets and 2 that should go to court and get sent down.

Oh most definately. Trouble is in these namby pamby times we’re just ■■■■■■ in the wind when push comes to shove. Back home, our Greek collegue would have been rightly feted, if the ‘poor missunderstood darlings’ had the nerve to complain, they’d probably get more of the same from the police

well they never went to party with our fellow driver,as the saying goes IF YOU CAN’T TAKE IT DON’T DISH IT OUT!! :imp:

I’ll be the first to throw £20 towards his legal defence :imp:

chipmonk66:

No we don’t all agree! Wait until the full facts of this incident are in the public domain before you make such a silly statement.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I wonder how a british driver in Greece would have been treated in similar circumstances. Based on past reports he would have probably spent a year or two in jail while they decided what do do.

It is legal to sell CS gas in France,they sell it in the truckstops and garages.In the UK,it is classed as class one weapon.If HM Customs and Excise find it,there is trouble.Abroad,you could defend yourself if attacked in the cab,as for the load,drivers don`t own it,CMR convention insurance will pay for theft.After the De Silva case,we will have to wait for what the police want to tell the public.If the Greek driver had a knife,that would be the case for drivers that cook and eat from their trailers,so like a kitchen,had what was on hand at the time.

i happen to know that it’s not the first time that person has done that,and firmly believe you get what you deserve

scaniaman:
i happen to know that it’s not the first time that person has done that,and firmly believe you get what you deserve

Well said :exclamation: I think most right minded people are in agreement on this.
I would deninitely chip in on a whip round for that driver.

scaniaman:

who the greek or the brummie?

Someone has already mentioned the Tony Martin case in relation to this latest incident. I firmly believe that those that choose to break the law in this way should loose their protection that affords the vast majority of the law abiding public. However, there has to be limits and there has to be an acceptable ‘standard’ that is easily understood. If this driver found three people in the back of his vehicle and just decided to start stabbing them then I would suggest he overstepped the mark. However if he was acting in self-defence then he deserves the medal that others have suggested.

I detest what the successive governments have done to the law and order in this country, and the way that the whole legal system is weighted in favour of the perpetrators rather than the victims.

But remember, until the full facts of this case are known it’s probably a little premature to start awarding medals or life sentences.

Ski:
Someone has already mentioned the Tony Martin case in relation to this latest incident.

oh no we haven’t :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
not on this thread anyway

biggusdickusgb:

Ski:
Someone has already mentioned the Tony Martin case in relation to this latest incident.

oh no we haven’t :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
not on this thread anyway

But as we have now, there was a problem with Tony Martin. He was also known to the police and had had firearm offences against him. I am not sticking up for Fred Barrass either but he was shot in the back as he disappeared through a window.

That is the reason that I want my 12 good men and true to hear the case before we castigate this unfortunate Bubble.

We can then hear all the facts, but I agree, It is a sad time when we cannot go about our lives and jobs without scumbags.

biggusdickusgb:

scaniaman:

who the greek or the brummie?

the brummie,and they went to drag him out the cab when he retaliated and obviously you know the outcome,so i think it a bit harsh if he does end up being charged with murder

I have no sympathy whatsoever for the stabbed men, I will be the first to contribute to the driver’s defence fund and I think he has done us all an enormous favour because the surviving duo will never go near a lorry again and hopefully it will have a strong deterrent effect on others.

I carry a bread knife, it is never far away as I live entirely by in-cab catering; making sandwiches etc and I wouldn’t hesitate to use it faced with an attack by three men- good riddance to the one the driver killed and I do not think the driver has come within a million miles of committing any criminal offence.

tim williams:
as for the load,drivers don`t own it,CMR convention insurance will pay for theft.After the De Silva case,we will have to wait for what the police want to tell the public.If the Greek driver had a knife,that would be the case for drivers that cook and eat from their trailers,so like a kitchen,had what was on hand at the time.

You seem to have an inordiante amount of faith in the insurers. There is a good chance that they would take anything up to 2 or 3 years to pay, and that it will be a partial settlement. If the driver doesn’t make “reasonable effort” to prevent the loss then they probably won’t pay at all. That’s why we all had to provide our own GIT insurance, because CMR is a waste of time.

We all know what the ploice will tell the public. They will say that vigilantism is never acceptable and that he should have called the police. They will spin it and spin it until it is distorted and the driver will carry the can for some other sleazy people.

I won’t say the thief got what he deserved, but he would have known the risks. He chose to live on the edge and ended up falling over it.

If you carry a knife in the truck, and can reach it from the drivers seat, then it is classed as a weapon regardless of what type of knife. The steak knife I nicked from the BP in Macon got me in trouble once.

The 36yr old that died was well known to police forces around Britain, he had previously been jailed for theft and handling stolen goods. he was a notorious lorry jacker.

Source, Coventry Sunday Mercury.

Harry Monk:
I do not think the driver has come within a million miles of committing any criminal offence.

self defence imho

Seems the driver is out on bail, which is maybe a good sign since being a foreign national and being arrested over a murder is quite surprising.

The two guys who tried to rob him are supposedly still in custody.

seems soft lad andy wants to side with the pond life . No wonder this country is goin down hill