Drive safe out there tonight lad's and lasses

Especially those doing the night trunks to Hubs and RDC’S with deckers on. Going to be a very bad night by the looks of things.

Yeah S :laughing: teve, the reports are 100 mph winds, think i`ll stay in tonight and have a few beers.

There’s every chance I’ll be expected to run from Northants to the West Midlands with an empty decker on. I won’t be doing that, I’ll bobtail over and they can sort the trailers out when the wind’s died down.

Puddle jumping through the S West then along the downhill ski slope to Plymouth loaded then back up empty should be an ok night…

Taking a decker from Glasgow to Preston not going to lie im no tlooking forward to it

Just took 3 1/2 hours crawling through Ipswich to Felixstowe cos of the Orwell crossing being shut. (Think its open again now).

Only been midlands down to south east them up to Felixstowe and tbh that’s been bad enough, god knows how bad it is over the west coast and up north.

Speaking to the wife in West Wales she says chimneys are getting blown down, electricity is going out and our fence isn’t gonna last the night. Oh yeah and the dog has point blank refused to go outside for a ■■■■. (No I don’t mean the wife is a dog…)

kjw21:
Just took 3 1/2 hours crawling through Ipswich to Felixstowe cos of the Orwell crossing being shut. (Think its open again now).

Only been midlands down to south east them up to Felixstowe and tbh that’s been bad enough, god knows how bad it is over the west coast and up north.

Speaking to the wife in West Wales she says chimneys are getting blown down, electricity is going out and our fence isn’t gonna last the night. Oh yeah and the dog has point blank refused to go outside for a ■■■■. (No I don’t mean the wife is a dog…)

Who said dogs don’t have brains? :smiley:

Lmfao clever dog I say.

Came down the m6 from lancaster to preston bout 7pm and it was wild :open_mouth: never known it as bad , was shocked at the speed of some of the hgvs that were passing me have these bell ends no brains??

Truck on it’s side @ shap on the M6 plus a further 4 apparently over near Westmoreland services so I am told…

I gave up around 3 trying to do heating oil drops in Pembrokeshire, every road was getting closed due to trees falling … Was that windy that at one point it blew both mirrors forward , the office was inundated with calls as to why they hadn’t had their oil , when told that we can’t get through as the road is blocked due to fallen tress , some replied “but he’s in a lorry” …

Watching the news earlier makes me glad I finished yesterday back in sunday, dont think the night trunks up to gretna from Wolverhampton in a decker have gone, coming back empty not a nice prospect.

Looking into my crystal ball in my guise as Septic Peg I can see absolute chaos at the Scottish Hub tomorrow with all the English stuff being delayed on the M6, pity the guys that do drops at the Manchester & Chorley depots on the way back as they’ll be running empty over Shap. I’m spare driver this week but suspect I may be taking the first trailer to Aberdeen early hours if any freight makes it through.

Our trunks never got sent out tonight. Got a phone call about 8pm from the gaffer asking me to start early tomorrow and do one of the Pallex trunks. First time getting outside Glasgow in a long time for me.:smiley:

damoq:
Our trunks never got sent out tonight. Got a phone call about 8pm from the gaffer asking me to start early tomorrow and do one of the Pallex trunks. First time getting outside Glasgow in a long time for me.:smiley:

Well I’ll be heading out the door in 40mins, won’t be too upset if the phone rings though

kjw21:

Battering up here on the LlÅ·n with Aberdaron donw the road registering some 108mph. Up here at least it isnt the constant gales like it was at the beginning part of the year but we will have plenty of wood for the fire. Even had to strap down the purlin’s on the barn as the roof started to lift.
Thankfully we havent had the floods like Somerset, sod those other ones on the Thames.

Decker left ours in Wakefield at about 7 this evening for pallet network hub at Sutton Coldfield. Pulled outside gates and said he was going to sit it out and wait for it to die down. He’s still there at midnight.

Chaos getting to work on m4, very bad tailbacks traffic on stop earlier 5-7pm ish, junc 41& 42 closed ( bridge,). Bad gusts along there too.
Up in the Midlands now loading, looks like the gales where just ahead of me all the way up :smiley: hoping for a clear run fast tracking home, not much fun when your double decker takes an unexpected strong gust hitting it at an odd angle :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
safe journey all you folks out there :smiley:

They nicked my Tractor for the trunk/Mk-Solihull, last night, don’t think we had it as wild as the north west, just hope it’s still facing forwards & upright & Andy had the sense to park it up if it got too bad.

Running empty up to Yorkshire with a box trailer and it was unnerving. Never had the cab tilting that bad before and really thought it would go over, but no. Made it ok. Coming back loaded was much nicer!!! :slight_smile:

Saw plenty with the curtain end bars bent and flapping…