Drive a Truck in America

Copy:
We are a large custom harvesting crew based in South West Kansas, operating Claas forage harvesters, Mack and Kenworth trucks.
We chop silage in a number of states including Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida,Georgia and Missouri.
We are seeking chopper operators and truck drivers to join us for the 2016 season, starting in April and ending in November.
:arrow_right: We will provide H2A work visas, flights and accommodation.
For more information please contact Tim Goodwin by email or phone, timgoodwin30@gmail.com or call (001)620 287 6220

Many Brits don’’ work nights let alone weekends, in US and in harvesting season is 24/7 work.
Also most trucks are manual and bigger, nothing similar in UK/EU. :grimacing:

Dolph:
Many Brits don’’ work nights let alone weekends, in US and in harvesting season is 24/7 work.

And the roads are straight and looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

Bunks are better though. :grimacing:

el_presidente:

Dolph:

And the roads are straight and looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

Bunks are better though. :grimacing:

Bunks are way better.You get use to the long roads :laughing:

Immigrant:
Copy:
We are a large custom harvesting crew based in South West Kansas, operating Claas forage harvesters, Mack and Kenworth trucks.
We chop silage in a number of states including Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida,Georgia and Missouri.
We are seeking chopper operators and truck drivers to join us for the 2016 season, starting in April and ending in November.
We will provide H2A work visas, flights and accommodation.
For more information please contact Tim Goodwin by email or phone, timgoodwin30@gmail.com or call (001)620 287 6220

Where did u see this advertised,
Anyone know anything on it or is it another scam

thecombineforum.com/forums/2 … eason.html

nedflanders:

Immigrant:
Copy:
We will provide H2A work visas, flights and accommodation.

Where did u see this advertised,
Anyone know anything on it or is it another scam

Internet is full of it. Just phone up and ask,if you interested.

yup silage crews \re hiring ,grain crews are as well…a couple o folk on this site did this work at one time.

Has anyone got any experience working in the states

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Dolph:

only proper drivers need apply :grimacing: :grimacing:

mike_mccord:

Yes.

Is it worth it for 6 months. I don’t mind working 6 days a week and as many hours as I can

Do you still need a green card to allow one to work in the states ?

Depend of the State as well, you have to check, some want green card others accept work visa. Last time I was reading Illinois rules they require green card or US citizenship in order to get CDL.

mike_mccord:

First you need to be rich :exclamation:
You have to pay
-Interview at US Embassy for Visa
-Visa
-Health/Travel Injurence diktated by Agent
-Travel to Company and back
-Leave a few Weeks from your Money
Then
-Traveling you get back. Half after Half Term and other Half on End of Contract
-expect minimum $2600.-/Month Taxfree the First Year (Could be more but unlikely less)
-Get trained for CDL (perhaps) and operating Combine with self-steer

• Get Accomontation in Mobile Home. (up to 6 Person but could be a Worker with Missis working too)
    -2 Meal a Day

mike_mccord:
Is it worth it for 6 months. I don’t mind working 6 days a week and as many hours as I can

It depend on the individual, to me, no its not worth the effort if you are not planing to immigrate into US some time later. Here is why:
You need to get work visa, when you get in the States first think to do is fine place to live(have an address), if you don’t have US credit history you will be ask to pay up to 6 months rent upfront. Now if you have guarantor who can vouch for you there is no problem. Also if your employer provide you with place to stay is a plus, rarely though.
Then you need to apply for social security number(SSN = NIN), without this number you cant be legally employed.
Also your UK licence means nothing, you have the right to drive car as a tourist, thats it. First you will need car licence - cat D(very easy, could be done in 1-2hrs.), only then you can apply to get CDL class A, in order to apply for it, you need SSN, which might take 3-4 weeks to arrive. Meanwhile you gen cant the trucking manual from the local dmv for free.
The SS number came, you go and set up appointment for theory exam, you got to wait few day as well.
You go and take successfully the theory test, now you can drive truck up to 80 000 with the supervision of full licence holder on the seat next to you.
You can apply for practice test NO earlier then 30 days from the passing theory exam date.
Now you drive gain experience, set up exam appointment and go for a practice test - it consist of 15 min theory exam, pretty much the examiner ask the truck components, you have to show what is what and what is for, then 15min driving, then 10-15min parking.
After successful passing, you get your licence in 10-15min.
You gonna learn the log book for 10min. it darn easy.
Even if you decide to not rent and sleep in the truck for 6 months, you still need address, SSN, State issued licence. No employer or insurer will take you on EU licence.
Opening bank account is piece of cake in US, not like in UK :grimacing:

This was my experience in Illinois in the period 2006-2009, today there might be somewhat changed which will need further check.

Now tell me, does it worth all the hassle!
And thats if everything goes smoothly, what about your SSN get delayed, or you fail some of the exams etc. You gonna lose 2-3 months on 6 month visa. Then comes the trucks where you got to learn floating gears from day one, and thats fun :laughing:

Hope I was able to help, if someone has newer info they can share it.

Immigrant:

mike_mccord:

First you need to be rich :exclamation:
You have to pay
-Interview at US Embassy for Visa
-Visa
-Health/Travel Injurence diktated by Agent
-Travel to Company and back
-Leave a few Weeks from your Money
Then
-Traveling you get back. Half after Half Term and other Half on End of Contract
-expect minimum $2600.-/Month Taxfree the First Year (Could be more but unlikely less)
-Get trained for CDL (perhaps) and operating Combine with self-steer

• Get Accomontation in Mobile Home. (up to 6 Person but could be a Worker with Missis working too)
    -2 Meal a Day

I have never seen or talk to a truck driver in the States who will move their finger of 2600 bucks.

Dolph:

mike_mccord:

It depend on the individual, to me, no its not worth the effort if you are not planing to immigrate into US some time later. Here is why:
You need to get work visa, when you get in the States first think to do is fine place to live(have an address), if you don’t have US credit history you will be ask to pay up to 6 months rent upfront. Now if you have guarantor who can vouch for you there is no problem. Also if your employer provide you with place to stay is a plus, rarely though.
Then you need to apply for social security number(SSN = NIN), without this number you cant be legally employed.
Also your UK licence means nothing, you have the right to drive car as a tourist, thats it. First you will need car licence - cat D(very easy, could be done in 1-2hrs.), only then you can apply to get CDL class A, in order to apply for it, you need SSN, which might take 3-4 weeks to arrive. Meanwhile you gen cant the trucking manual from the local dmv for free.
The SS number came, you go and set up appointment for theory exam, you got to wait few day as well.
You go and take successfully the theory test, now you can drive truck up to 80 000 with the supervision of full licence holder on the seat next to you.
You can apply for practice test NO earlier then 30 days from the passing theory exam date.
Now you drive gain experience, set up exam appointment and go for a practice test - it consist of 15 min theory exam, pretty much the examiner ask the truck components, you have to show what is what and what is for, then 15min driving, then 10-15min parking.
After successful passing, you get your licence in 10-15min.
You gonna learn the log book for 10min. it darn easy.
Even if you decide to not rent and sleep in the truck for 6 months, you still need address, SSN, State issued licence. No employer or insurer will take you on EU licence.
Opening bank account is piece of cake in US, not like in UK :grimacing:

This was my experience in Illinois in the period 2006-2009, today there might be somewhat changed which will need further check.

Now tell me, does it worth all the hassle!
And thats if everything goes smoothly, what about your SSN get delayed, or you fail some of the exams etc. You gonna lose 2-3 months on 6 month visa. Then comes the trucks where you got to learn floating gears from day one, and thats fun [emoji38]

Hope I was able to help, if someone has newer info they can share it.

Thanks you have saved me a whole load of time researching this lol

mike_mccord:

Thanks you have saved me a whole load of time researching this lol

[/quote]
And thats just for the licence, I forgot the hassle about the visa, it was long long time ago and for BG is different the UK. It was like $100 visa application, full medical report, employment agreement from US employer, round trip airplane ticket, health insurance etc.
Simply doesn’t worth at all, better move inside UK where is better paid job then going for 6 month in US.

then 10-15min parking

i take it swift drivers missed this bit out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: