Dream Job...for someone!

stobartgroup.co.uk/careers/d … /-riggers/

Discuss… :exclamation:

Glorified scrubbers if you ask me. On stobart, twits and trailers most of those rally/racing drivers spent their entire time cleaning. I’ve heard of ‘mop & bucket money’ but I didn’t think it meant literally.

I’d give it a go might even get me on tele!

Im gonna apply beats the m25!!!

Whats with all the extra drivers? I know they won the Pirelli contract this year but they have always had the Mercedes gp contract since it was brawn gp so where have all the current drivers gone to?

Basically you’re a glorified benson but i wouldnt care just to be a part of F1 even in a little way would be a dream only problem is your a stobart driver.

You know the black guy that was on season 1 of stobart show i saw him on the tele at a race coming out of one of the mercedes motorhomes :laughing:

This isn’t about Stobart or even Stobart Knocking but an F1 truckie is always going to be spitting and polishing, whether that is dinner plates, glasses, wheels, bodywork or workshop flooring.

Driving is a very small part of being in the F1 circus and unless you can do something useful for a race team, then you will be in catering or hospitality.

You are never going to get rich in F1 or Moto GP trucking, but you do get to see the spectacle if not the racing.

I’d have a go at that if I could be arsed applying!!!

Simon.

Says you need previous international experience, does northern ireland count? :laughing:

Somebody give me a fake reference and i’ll wing it abroad :grimacing:

merc0447:
Says you need previous international experience, does northern ireland count? :laughing:

I get lost past The Trafford Centre. Sat nav has to be on if I go to the toilet :laughing:

i had an interview for the season that started this year,i turned it down when i found out how much time your away from home,don’t mind a few nights out but 6 weeks away wasn’t for me.the tyrucks are based in in didcot,so not much good to me when i live in halifax & come home for a weekends rest,i had to drive there & back after & before work,so didn’t fancy that either.
money & tackle was ok but loads of other stuff put me off it,wasn’t for me but i’m sure plenty of others would have loved it.

i personally think its ideal for the young single lads/lassies even if u did not like it it looks good on a cv and has to be better than dragging your arse around our clogged up rds i bet the team have a right laugh though and i reakon there would be a a few perks to the job on the side :sunglasses:

What’s the NON HGV shunter job■■?

mickyblue:

its prob shutting in the yard only on the tugs as i know you need a licence to shut in a yard … well that was my understanding anyway even though it seems silly

Fileep:
http://www.stobartgroup.co.uk/careers/drivers/formula-1-drivers-/-riggers/

Discuss… :exclamation:

While I have no interest in Formula one or being a spectator of anything, What a seemingly terrible advert, it makes the job sound like something from the days of slavery. I can imagine that anyone taking these positions as being someone with little or no self esteem, why would anyone want to put themselves in such a vunerable position, as they could be asked to do the most menial of tasks and be looked down on as some kind of lesser mortal. I could imagine the kind of patronising nonsense you would have to put up with by the jumped up hangers on within the racing industry

mickyblue:

its what it says on the tin micky,they want you to do the shunting in the yards,putting trucks/tris on bays,pulling them off,parking them up,so im led to believe theyve cut the pay of the old shunters which is why theres vacancies going for shunters at most chill depots[theyve gone back out on road,old shunters were on 27k [again so im led to believe],without hgv lisense its 20k days[21k nights i think],i guess they believe any one can drive a hgv around a yard ,if there correct theyve saved themselfes 6k per shunter,i did here a figure of 120k savings if it worked.
i know our truck washer offered to do the job for x amount less than shunters got,i guess it got there minds ticking over :wink:

I could give it ago

some ■■■■ will do it for minimum wage.
i might apply, but it will need to be good money if they want you to dress like a [zb]ing clown.

limeyphil:
i might apply, but it will need to be good money if they want you to dress like a [zb]ing clown.

it’s about 45k a year

jrl driver:

limeyphil:

it’s about 45k a year

Limeyphil does that on each trip, thats if he gets through customs :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jrl driver:

limeyphil:

it’s about 45k a year

It is OK applying, you have to be accepted :stuck_out_tongue: