Dr10 truck insurance

Hi, do anybody know insurance company who will insure lorry driver with dr10 just after ban is finished

All of them will…

For the right price.

Insurers couldn’t care less about the moral high ground.

Find one that will take the money it shouldn’t take long. They’ll be full of platitudes and sucking air in though their teeth but, they’ll have a price it can be purchased at.

Personally, I think you should be barred from ever driving an HGV again.

Well this thread should end well :laughing:

Excuse me for asking this, but are you sure your ban has ended?

You may or may not be aware, but you usually have to ask the Traffic Commissioner for the return of your vocational licence after you get your car licence back after a ban.

You will probably be asked to attend a Driver Conduct Hearing in front of him or a deputy TC. You will have to explain the circumstances under which you lost your licence and how you intend to change your behaviour so as not to offend again. Evidence that you have completed some kind of drink rehab/awareness course will be in your favour

The usual outcome is he will agree to give you your licence back, but not straightaway, saying you need to get your hand in by driving smaller vehicles first.

Dress smart, act polite and contrite and all will probably be well.

Someone will likely insure you for your own truck if you can afford what it’ll cost but I doubt anyone will give you a job.

Insurance companies are like prostitutes, do anything for a price.

It shouldn’t cost anything if the company use fleet insurance or deposit a large amount at the supreme court

DHL won’t touch you for at least 5 years after your ban has finished.

Robin03:
Hi, do anybody know insurance company who will insure lorry driver with dr10 just after ban is finished

Hopefully no one, hopefully no one will let you near a truck either. Scum.

A friend of mine is driving class 1 for DHL and he has a drink-driving conviction from around 5 years ago. Before DHL he was working for XPO.

You will get a job. It just might not be the best of jobs. Both of his are working nights and he got in through an agency. So find a busy agency and they will find you a desperate company.

I’d like to stand on a soapbox and knock you - but when I was younger (over 10 years ago) I used to regularly get drunk and drive home. I was living in the countryside then. I remember waking up thinking I needed to pick my car up and looking out of my bedroom window to see it in a hedge on the field behind my house. I no longer drink and have grown up. The only difference between us is that I never got caught. None of the hypocrites knocking you are perfect - they just think their imperfections are less awful than yours. I’d ignore them.

Norfolkinclue1:

Robin03:

just playing devil’s advocate here but where in the op’s question does it say he is the person who has a dr10.? just saying like .

GasGas thanks for the reply, I have trial set up for September then I will be 100 %sure about my licence, asking because my mate will employ me with dr10, what we need to know if anyone know is there insurance, I did wrong and I am ashamed to, I probably destroy my live and live of others, I heard about traffic commissioner should be fine with that, I am not alcoholic just need my licence back straight after ban

m.a.n rules:

Norfolkinclue1:

Robin03:

just playing devil’s advocate here but where in the op’s question does it say he is the person who has a dr10.? just saying like .

op has just started another thread saying it his him… silly boy. :unamused:

Robin03:
I am not alcoholic

Said no alcoholic ever. The vast majority of alcoholics don’t think they are and you don’t need to be drinking every day to be an alcoholic, even someone who just goes out on the lash every Friday and Saturday night and gets off their face every weekend can be classed as one.

sammym:
The only difference between us is that I never got caught. None of the hypocrites knocking you are perfect - they just think their imperfections are less awful than yours. I’d ignore them.

Say’s the hypocrite…

Let’s hope a drunk driver doesn’t wipe out members of your family on their way home from the shops eh?

Maybe you right, now I am fighting for my licence, spent fortune already on solicitor, hope that end good for me, I know I did wrong, can’t stop thinking why I did so wrong for me,

Robin03:
GasGas thanks for the reply, I have trial set up for September then I will be 100 %sure about my licence, asking because my mate will employ me with dr10, what we need to know if anyone know is there insurance, I did wrong and I am ashamed to, I probably destroy my live and live of others, I heard about traffic commissioner should be fine with that, I am not alcoholic just need my licence back straight after ban

The larger the fleet, the easier it will be. Dilution of risk.

GasGas why you think big places like stobart will do and can you tell me TC will give me back my CE but not straight away, so mean cat B first then CE?

Conor:

Robin03:
I am not alcoholic

Said no alcoholic ever. The vast majority of alcoholics don’t think they are and you don’t need to be drinking every day to be an alcoholic, even someone who just goes out on the lash every Friday and Saturday night and gets off their face every weekend can be classed as one.

I read that after water and tea, beer is the third most popular drink in the world so I guess there are a lot of alcoholics about. :wink: :wink:

Harry Monk:

Conor:

Robin03:
I am not alcoholic

I read that after water and tea, beer is the third most popular drink in the world so I guess there are a lot of alcoholics about. :wink: :wink:

You were reading the back of a menu weren’t you? :smiley:

It’s dilution of risk…if Stobart is insuring 2000 trucks, then the risk of one DD er is split across a very large fleet. The insurer will tolerate it because of the sheer size of the fleet it is insuring. It will take the risk to win the business. Also an operation like Stobarts will probably self-insure…in effect have an insurance excess of hundreds of thousands of pounds and the funds to support it. So the insurer will only be asked to pay out on massive claims, and not scrapes, dents and minor injuries.

As I said before, the TC will normally expect you to do a bit of car/van driving first to get your hand back in. Smart appearance, humility, and evidence that you are unlikely to repeat the offence will all help your case when you ask for your vocational licence back

It may help your prospective employer to fit an alcolockgb.com/ to the truck…effectively you have a breathalyser before you can start the truck.