Dr10 truck insurance

GasGas:

Robin03:
GasGas thanks for the reply, I have trial set up for September then I will be 100 %sure about my licence, asking because my mate will employ me with dr10, what we need to know if anyone know is there insurance, I did wrong and I am ashamed to, I probably destroy my live and live of others, I heard about traffic commissioner should be fine with that, I am not alcoholic just need my licence back straight after ban

The larger the fleet, the easier it will be. Dilution of risk.

However they may not want hassle smaller firm probaly more flexible.
I stupidly found my self in this situation years ago.
Small family firm took me on insurance was same just I had higher excess boss said if you pay extra in event of blame crash jobs yours.
Spent years there in the end

sammym:
None of the hypocrites knocking you are perfect - they just think their imperfections are less awful than yours. I’d ignore them.

Using the word “hypocrite” suggests you think that the critics have also drunk driven but are being “hypocritical” about it, I’ve never done it, never thought about it and never ever will.
I also wouldn’t suggest for one minute that “drink driving” is an imperfection, it’s a choice not a character flaw.
On the plus side, in my somewhat humble opinion, you’ve set the bar even lower than your comments on my cancer. Well done.
All in all, and again it’s only my opinion, you must be one of the most vile,lying,pathetic, nasty little trolls that have appeared on here. Truly disgusting.
Drink drivers are up there with kiddy fiddlers as far as social standing goes in my view, selfish ■■■■■ who don’t give a second thought about the impact of what they do so long as it satisfies their needs. I’ll put you in that bracket boy.

kr79 I will have job after ban straight away its only matter of insurance, worst thing i ever done

Norfolkinclue1:
Drink drivers are up there with kiddy fiddlers as far as social standing goes in my view,

[/quote]
Can I, respectfully, say…no, that´s just wrong.

Steviespain I made biggest mistake in my life, there is no excuse for me, I drove short distance no motorway no traffic lights… will possibly lose license, job… People make mistakes

Robin03:
Steviespain I made biggest mistake in my life, there is no excuse for me, I drove short distance no motorway no traffic lights… will possibly lose license, job… People make mistakes

Yeeaaah, my post wasn´t directed at you, tbh. But I understand your pain.

steviespain:

Norfolkinclue1:
Drink drivers are up there with kiddy fiddlers as far as social standing goes in my view,

[/quote]
No problem. That’s your view.
I made it clear that my view is different and we can agree to disagree.
I’m just making it clear where I stand, I despise people who think they are so important and above everyone that they think getting drunk and then driving is acceptable, I despise them on a level with kiddy fiddlers, I’m not linking the two offences however I have no problem linking the lifetime of damage to innocent people and family’s caused by the consequences of both.
If I found out anyone I knew was a convicted drink driver they would no longer exist to me, same for ■■■ offenders, selfish disgusting acts that can ruin the lives of the innocent.
Oh, and please don’t anyone go down the standard " no kittens were killed " garbage, that’s the standard comment of ignorance and cowardice,it’s the initial act of sinking pints and then deciding to drive that’s the first and foremost selfish crime.
Anyway, rant over.
This self imposed no drinking whilst going through treatment is making me even more of a miserable old git than the pre-diagnosis bottle of wine on a weekend night man :confused:

I’m off to read a dozy post…

Norfolkinclue1:

steviespain:

Norfolkinclue1:

This self imposed no drinking whilst going through treatment is making me even more of a miserable old git than the pre-diagnosis bottle of wine on a weekend night man :confused:

I’m off to read a dozy post…
[/quote]
Fair enough hoss. No probs, I respect your stance.

Wait what…there´s another dozy post■■?

I’ve known blokes with DR10s who have got jobs immediately after coming off a ban, but we are definitely talking about the “Roy Rogers” end of the market here.

I was in my local corner shop Friday night when a young woman came in and bought a half bottle of whiskey, nothing unusual there. But she got talking to the woman behind the counter while I was there, and she stated that she was attending another drink awareness session the next day, 1 of 4 weekly sessions she had to attend to get a reduction on her 18 driving ban for drink driving. The irony on the situation was clearly lost.

Yebbut the thing is that it’s well documented that driving while tired is more dangerous than drink-driving but you don’t hear the Government saying “We’ve got to stop these truck drivers working 15 hour days”. For some reason, the moral compass goes adrift when there are people making big money out of something.

Norfolkinclue1:

Robin03:
Hi, do anybody know insurance company who will insure lorry driver with dr10 just after ban is finished

Hopefully no one, hopefully no one will let you near a truck either. Scum.

Agree with you there as I have said before my own gran was killed by a drink driver when I was 8 this devastated my grandad my mam & rest of family I never knew what she was like don’t remember her

If it was me I wouldn’t give you licence back

I literally created this account to drop in my two cents here, even though the post is old as hell.

So back when I was 20 odd I got a conviction for a DR10 simply for trying to sleep in my own car with engine running to heat up inside the car. Apparently this was “attempting to drive” A lot of people on Forums and Facebook will jump up and down like a child and scream like a ■■■■■ because they see DR10 but everyone’s circumstances are different, just ignore them!

A DR10 will only effect you if you let it, I drove home from court right after my ban! I did not give two damns back then, my insurance for some strange reason kept taking payments, I’m thinking they never got the memo lol. I even drove to my drink drive course to reduce the ban.

Whilst on my ban I got another two years handy NCB which bought my payments down, the ban never effected premiums for me at all. Hell I even got a job as a food delivery driver, nobody ever asked me about licence etc.

I drove and had a delivery job throughout my entire ban. Don’t get me wrong it is an idiotic thing to do but like I said, I just did not give a crap. This went on for years, how I never got caught was beyond me, I used my car for everything and visited most large towns and cities, must of been insurance and driving style haha.

Once I got my licence back I went for my Cat C and finally my C+E, I live where I still live now, countryside. Driving out here is different to the Cities, it’s much easier to get a job doing things.

Due to health reasons I was on ESA benefit and working (delivering food) just 15 hours per week to keep the tax man happy. This was going to be a long term thing so I had to make the most of it.

I did however, volunteer my “services” to driving lambs to slaughter, horse boxes, oil tankers etc etc you get the point. This give me such a wide range of experience with plenty of different tractors and trailers etc. As for the insurance thing, as the poster above said, they are like prostitutes, they will do anything for the right price. I just said I would pay the excess in the event of an accident and that was that.

What I did was, work for a local food delivery company whilst spending the rest of my time “helping” local firms when they needed it. This got me an absolute S*!T tonne of experience and this went on for the entire 11 years it was on my licence for.

Once the ban is up it takes 5 years to be “spent”. So after this no company or insurance company can discriminate against you or use it to refuse you employment. I had the lightbulb idea here, I was going to see how many companies out there would be dishonest and refuse me because of an old DR10. It was surprising how many companies did this, I actually ended up suing one company for discrimination, they offered an out of court settlement, which I refused, we had a hearing and it was ruled in my favour. I knew I probably would not always win, so I accepted most out of court settlements. The mental thing is the compensation, most of the time they work on the basis of what you would of lost, if you had the job, so for example:

£9.00 an hour for 8 hours a day 5 days per week for a whole year, so that’s £17,280 they give you 50% of this! So I got £8,640 just like that! - That is just an example in some cases the jobs were £15 an hour, even better for me! This is where it truly hit me, I bought a phone recorder off eBay and started applying for all kinds of jobs all over the place, the larger organisations were more clued up, I’d say I made well over 50k out of suing EASILY! I paid quite a large down payment for my mortgage and bought myself a brand new Toyota, life was good! Let’s just say, I was never ever strapped for cash.

I did not apply in the normal fashion, I would email the careers Email first and have a conversation then after a bit of back and fourth, bring up the DR10, or give them a call and have the same conversation, it’s much easier to slip up on the phone than Email. 90% of the trucking companies would blame the insurance company, I probably only sued around 3-4 trucker companies, some of them were straight up stupid and would tell you straight that there is no way they would employ anybody with a DR or DD. I’m thinking these were old schoolers, who knows, the rest were insurance companies who can obviously afford to pay. Not all of them were large fleet insurers some were underwriters.

This is a little preview of how things would start, the beginning of a simple court case :wink:

If my conviction stayed longer than the short 11 years I probably would of carried on haha.

Don’t hate on me as this would NOT have happened if the companies weren’t so discriminative, you also have to get it on paper or phone call saying certain things a certain way to get the case going. Insurance companies are the fastest pay outs when it comes to suing, they just want it over and done with, probably don’t want the press or headache.

Now it’s completely gone, I have not lost anything, in fact I gained it.

The irony is, I never drink, the first time I ever drank alcohol was that fateful day when I was 20 odd and I only drank 2-3 cans of beer, it’s actually quite funny. Would I go back and change it? NO! There is no need to change anything, my life went absolutely fine. To this day I never got any points, speeding fines not even a parking ticket.

So it does not destroy anything in terms of driving, it only effects you if you let it! I’d imagine if I applied to a trucking job, I would have no problem getting it. To be honest I probably wouldn’t even bother with a trucking job, the wages are not that great for the long hours they do, I have gone back to marketing online doing 2-3 hour days, spend more time with family and friends etc.

There we have it! Don’t let the DR10 rule your life, just take it and ride that ■■■■■ :wink: A lot of you will hate on me but I really do not care :slight_smile: that was then quite a long time ago now. Just thought I would tell my story. I’m just letting those with a DR10 know that your driving life is not over, some companies will take you, desperate agency workers for sure.

I don’t condone anything I did nor am I telling anyone with a DR10 to follow in my footsteps, I was simply telling my story. I was absolutely INCREDIBLY lucky with almost everything I did and got away with. I had such a lot of time on my hands and would never recommend doing anything I did.

Absolutely wasted as a driver, you should’ve been a scriptwriter for Jackanory.

Yes officer…

That post right there, nick for it for being utter bollox.

Haha your both just bitter people. You don’t want to believe it because you don’t think anyone with a DR10 can be better than you.

Anyway, I dropped my version of events when I had the conviction, I’m out, feel free to argue amongst yoursevles.

Bitter Bitter Bitter.

PennyWells2021:
Haha your both just bitter people. You don’t want to believe it because you don’t think anyone with a DR10 can be better than you.

Anyway, I dropped my version of events when I had the conviction, I’m out, feel free to argue amongst yoursevles.

Bitter Bitter Bitter.

Bye, give my regards to Zebedee.

PennyWells2021:

Nobody who gets a DR10 is better than someone who doesn’t no matter what the circumstances. Saying it’s not as bad as someone who was caught driving down the road is like a kiddy fiddler who got caught with a 12 year old saying they were better than one who was caught with a 5 year old.

I know the Mods just look after things in a voluntary way, it’s not a paid job, but I hope someone is logging and blocking the IP addresses of such obvious Trolls as we’re seeing here.

Robin03:

See, this is where you are wrong, it was not a mistake , it was a choice, you chose to drink then drive home. Now you think you have been done wrong. Always victims