DR10 Comes off my licence in oct

Hi i need a job asap driving class 1 or class 2 but all i ever get back is sorry you have a DR10 on your licence however it has been there for 10 years if i had been in prison i wouldnt have had to declare that after 5 years and i know it doesnt matter but i was caught the morning after and was only over by 10 thingys in air £100 fine and 14 month ban no points and never have had points on my licence i have only passed my test last year for class 1 and two years ago for my class 2. can anyone help or employ me please

Unfortunately you have 2 things going against you.

1. A DR10
  2. Your attitude.

The DR10 may come off your licence in October but unless you can change the way you come across, you have very little chance of getting any employment.

I know how hard it is having endorsements on your licence. I had 2 IN10s when I started (14pts). I ended up doing agency work and got myself a foot on the ladder.

Try the local agencies in your area or just sit tight till October.

Best of luck

his attitude am failing to see a problem here he got caught got punished 10yrs ago am sure some of the so called best thing since sliced bread drivers out there could be over the limit if stopped from night before but you wouldnt no unless stopped simple solution dont drink at all :laughing: i dont drink so dont have the worry but lot of drivers have few beers after a day at work

and with insurance aint it 5yrs that has to be declared for so its just case of keep pushing along . most will say no dr10 just to try cover there back

Must have been just my perception then. :-/

Alrite mate
I’ve had a Dr10 since I was 16 im 26 next week I’ve now Been driving hgvs for 4 years now and only been refused a job by maritime due to my convictions, and I’ve nev been out of work, I don’t know where you have tried previously but if you can have a face to face and explain the situation you may be in for a chance but id go for the smaller firms as these people tend to give you the time of day and imo are better to work for, hope this helps

I do not thinks it’s the companies that won’t employ drivers with a DR10 but the insurance companies saying that they will not insure those drivers with a DR10 also it is my understanding that it stays on for 10 years. Simples don’t drink and drive.Like some one has already said that quite a few do in truckstops at night and go off in the morning with out giving it a second thought I know of one driver who gets about 9-10 pints down his kneck at night and his cool box is full of cans not food.I’ve tried talking to him about it and all he say’s is I’m an alcoholic and I need it. What would you do in those circumstances.

dar1976:

Yeah, another of the Luke vernon fan club

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

dar1976:

Yeah, another of the Luke vernon fan club

Was that aimed at me or the OP?

Brian J:
I do not thinks it’s the companies that won’t employ drivers with a DR10 but the insurance companies saying that they will not insure those drivers with a DR10 also it is my understanding that it stays on for 10 years.

I’ve always thought it was the opposite and insurance companies aren’t interested after 5 years so I’d do what was said above and try the smaller firms.

Good luck Keep trying :wink:

It stays on for 11 years not 10.

I have no pity for you.your a new driver in respect of two year exp also so your punching hard.granted it was 10 years ago but your still a prat for not knowing you shouldnt have drove.ive been to the scenes of drink drivers after they wiped innocent bystanders including a child under a year.so go find a job were your not a proven hazard ie chamber maid or fluffer.that is all ■■■

there are a lot of drivers looking for work with clean licences so why take one on that has not

nearly there:
I have no pity for you.your a new driver in respect of two year exp also so your punching hard.granted it was 10 years ago but your still a prat for not knowing you shouldnt have drove.ive been to the scenes of drink drivers after they wiped innocent bystanders including a child under a year.so go find a job were your not a proven hazard ie chamber maid or fluffer.that is all ■■■

As you dont know me i feel this is harsh and uncalled for If anyone on here says they have never been over the next day and been lucky to get away with it. I didnt know i was over if i had of know i wouldnt have driven SIMPLES

dar1976:
Unfortunately you have 2 things going against you.

1. A DR10
  2. Your attitude.

The DR10 may come off your licence in October but unless you can change the way you come across, you have very little chance of getting any employment.

I know how hard it is having endorsements on your licence. I had 2 IN10s when I started (14pts). I ended up doing agency work and got myself a foot on the ladder.

Try the local agencies in your area or just sit tight till October.

Best of luck

My Attitude i don’t understand what have i done apart from ask people for help and advise trying to sort my life out and start a career out for myself doing something i have so far enjoyed and met very nice people along the way sorry if i seam to have come across wrong? but i am confused

Good luck in finding work but it will be hard, can’t believe some of the responses you got :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Foxstein:
Good luck in finding work but it will be hard, can’t believe some of the responses you got :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

cheers mate some are good responses just two that weren’t helpful thought we were supposed to be part of the trucking fraternity one for all and all for one helping each other

bilbobaggins1951:
there are a lot of drivers looking for work with clean licences so why take one on that has not

Because i am hard working and willing to drive anything and do any job so long as it is legal and road worthy and pays some money

Dont need to know you to know your a prat.you got done for drink driving so its been proven.become a taxi driver

nearly there:
Dont need to know you to know your a prat.you got done for drink driving so its been proven.become a taxi driver

Stop being such a judgemental prick.

Theres nowt wrong with his attitude, its better than half you ■■■■■■■ on here!