DPD Night Trunk

I’ve been offered a job night trunking for DPD.
It all sounds pretty good to me, but I’m keen to hear from anyone working for them at the moment.
I’m being told I’ll have plenty of time to get my head down whilst at the hub and that the facilities there are good. Is this actually the case?
Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Where are you running out of?

DC17148:
It all sounds pretty good to me, but I’m keen to hear from anyone working for them at the moment.
I’m being told I’ll have plenty of time to get my head down whilst at the hub and that the facilities there are good. Is this actually the case?

the hubs at Hinckley, Smethwick and Oldbury have showers if needed, Canteen with fresh cooked meals open from 8pm until 1 am monday to friday , decent price, along with vending machines and microwave, free internet in buildings and use of internet if you can get onto terminals.

Absolute clockwork job…

Which some drivers will hate with a passion and some drivers will do for twenty straight years.
Get to the hub and get your head down.
Find your return trailer and go home.
Rinse and repeat for 5 shifts per week and 48 weeks a year.
Never known them have anything except Mercs.
If I was looking for a stress free, brain out job, I’d be filling out the forms.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Where are you running out of?

Snetterton. Norfolk

I used to run out of Exeter. maybe a trailer swap on the way up, then drop, head down, trailer swap and back to Exeter.

Pros easy work
Decent money if you work over 40hrs or something
Never messed me up on wages

Cons

Xmas long cues you will wait 1hr30 just to enter traffic office when starting however your getting paid

No stopping at all you travel somewere far 4hrs you cant stop for a pee or coffee it’s not secret driver just put hazard on hard shoulder and have a splash that way there covered from office bobs

Microlizs system harsh breaking and all that jazz recovered

You have follow microlizd yet if there a diversion office will ring you thinking your your stealing trailer

Bays are very tight need to wind legs down before backing in

Drivers are scumbags none will give you way or flash to say hi and will shoot around you instead of waiting for you when reversing on bay

Conditions of trucks are legal good working order but dirty af get cleaning wipes you will see all the oil stains

In house fuel tanks

Security guards 70perc of them are jobsworth here no people skills

Oh airport style Security search for everyone

Any question ask me worked here for far to long

The airport security checks are for hub drivers only. If you are outbased you get zero searches ever.

The bays are only tight at hub 1 and 3, hub 4 and 5 you have much more room.

Yes most of the drivers are ignorant, some dont even say hello to you when you walk past them in the corridor!!

How is onsite fuelling a con?! Id rather fuel up onsite than at a petrol station!

Most of the security guys i deal with are ok, but you interact with them for 1 minute a day so who cares if they are miserable?

Ive took multiple routes on my journeys sometimes just cos I feel like a change. Never been rung once in 2 years to be asked why im going A1 instead of M1 and if they did Id just say police incident so had to divert off.

Ive got good bladder control, and make sure I pee before leaving sites so its hardly a big issue.

If its that bad, leave :slight_smile:

Swordsy:
The airport security checks are for hub drivers only. If you are outbased you get zero searches ever.

The bays are only tight at hub 1 and 3, hub 4 and 5 you have much more room.

Yes most of the drivers are ignorant, some dont even say hello to you when you walk past them in the corridor!!

How is onsite fuelling a con?! Id rather fuel up onsite than at a petrol station!

Most of the security guys i deal with are ok, but you interact with them for 1 minute a day so who cares if they are miserable?

Ive took multiple routes on my journeys sometimes just cos I feel like a change. Never been rung once in 2 years to be asked why im going A1 instead of M1 and if they did Id just say police incident so had to divert off.

Ive got good bladder control, and make sure I pee before leaving sites so its hardly a big issue.

If its that bad, leave :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. Of course, its hubs 1 and 3 that are tight for space. They’re the 2 that I’ll be using [emoji1787]

TruckDriverBen:
Pros easy work

Cons

Xmas long cues you will wait 1hr30 just to enter traffic office when starting however your getting paid

No stopping at all you travel somewere far 4hrs you cant stop for a pee or coffee it’s not secret driver just put hazard on hard shoulder and have a splash that way there covered from office bobs

Microlizs system harsh breaking and all that jazz recovered

You have follow microlizd yet if there a diversion office will ring you thinking your your stealing trailer

Bays are very tight need to wind legs down before backing in

Drivers are scumbags none will give you way or flash to say hi and will shoot around you instead of waiting for you when reversing on bay

Conditions of trucks are legal good working order but dirty af get cleaning wipes you will see all the oil stains

In house fuel tanks

Security guards 70perc of them are jobsworth here no people skills

Oh airport style Security search for everyone

Any question ask me worked here for far to long

Thanks for all the info.

andy187:

DC17148:

the hubs at Hinckley, Smethwick and Oldbury have showers if needed, Canteen with fresh cooked meals open from 8pm until 1 am monday to friday , decent price, along with vending machines and microwave, free internet in buildings and use of internet if you can get onto terminals.

Thanks for all the info.

yourhavingalarf:
Absolute clockwork job…

Which some drivers will hate with a passion and some drivers will do for twenty straight years.
Get to the hub and get your head down.
Find your return trailer and go home.
Rinse and repeat for 5 shifts per week and 48 weeks a year.
If I was looking for a stress free, brain out job, I’d be filling out the forms.

Sounds like just what I’m looking for at my time of life [emoji106]

So you’ve got a 4 hour run, and after 2.5 hours you desperately need to stretch your legs and have a pee. You stop at the motorway services for 5 minutes. What happens? What would ultimately happen if you kept doing that?

ezydriver:
So you’ve got a 4 hour run, and after 2.5 hours you desperately need to stretch your legs and have a pee. You stop at the motorway services for 5 minutes. What happens? What would ultimately happen if you kept doing that?

Once you get going call and tell them you needed a comfort break. Coming back from Newcastle, Newhaven etc 4 hour runs need stop for a wee and a coffee. Called in no problems.
In fact on induction trainers say no stopping. But if you need to for safety reasons then yes stop

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

yourhavingalarf:

Fleet spec 350’s as well. No luxuries.

Ken.

Quinny:

yourhavingalarf:

Fleet spec 350’s as well. No luxuries.

Ken.

430 MANs, 450 XF DAFs and mercs are 400 actros
Basic but comfortable

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

When I say hub 1 and 3 are tight…thats in comparison to hub 4 & 5. Apart from the odd bay or 2 they are both still pretty easy.

If you want total freedom and to stop whenever you feel every hour or so, DPD isnt the place for you. I personally dont see what the big deal is…I do a 2h 45 run every day both ways and I dont feel the need to stop. I get over an hour at my first collection to ‘rest’ or go for a ■■■■ or whatever, and I get 2-3 hours at hub before I set off back up, so there is plenty of time to rest.

If you want a ■■■■ easy job that is very generously paid (providing you get a run that is 10hrs+) go for it.

Swordsy:
When I say hub 1 and 3 are tight…thats in comparison to hub 4 & 5. Apart from the odd bay or 2 they are both still pretty easy.

If you want total freedom and to stop whenever you feel every hour or so, DPD isnt the place for you. I personally dont see what the big deal is…I do a 2h 45 run every day both ways and I dont feel the need to stop. I get over an hour at my first collection to ‘rest’ or go for a ■■■■ or whatever, and I get 2-3 hours at hub before I set off back up, so there is plenty of time to rest.

If you want a ■■■■ easy job that is very generously paid (providing you get a run that is 10hrs+) go for it.

Depot drivers like your selves get a set or regular run… Hub drivers can be anything. days and hours vary. Now on a set start time but could be anything. sunday 2 amazon coventrys, monday Holbeach, Tuesday Ripon, then asked if i wanted to do an extra run…

TruckDriverBen:
Pros easy work

Cons

:laughing: brilliant

DC17148:
Thanks for the info. Of course, its hubs 1 and 3 that are tight for space. They’re the 2 that I’ll be using

No problem, at Hub 1 just dump your trailer on the X Park. The shunters will love you for it :smiley: