DPD Hinckley Hub

‘Now hear this’

They are now taking applications for the above on their website.

The application is not quick though and you will have to register and it is recommended to attach a CV as well.

No Salary details for C+E, but it is deemed to be ‘Competitive’

‘That is all’

Linehaul drivers used to get about £625 per week for night trunking out of Exeter when they were Parceline.

Same as most things in life, it’ll probably have dropped.

i’ve already applied :slight_smile:

And for us newbies…

“2 years LGV C+E experience is required.”

Are they still doing the one week residential training for all new drivers at Smethwick? When I did it they paid mileage at 45p a mile from my house to there and back, put me up in a nice hotel a mile or so away and also paid night out money as well.

ONE WORD "SHTE" basic pay £392.71 for 40 hours yes over time is there (if your polish) SHTE baby merc’s and SH*TE trunking mangers at hub 1and 3 better out there !!

gsijay:
ONE WORD "SHTE" basic pay £392.71 for 40 hours yes over time is there (if your polish) SHTE baby merc’s and SH*TE trunking mangers at hub 1and 3 better out there !!

Yeah but you get to drive round in trucks like this. The envy of the services when you pull on.

Oh wait, you’re not allowed to stop en-route are you :smiley:

Terry T:

gsijay:

Yeah but you get to drive round in trucks like this. The envy of the services when you pull on.

Oh wait, you’re not allowed to stop en-route are you :smiley:

pride of the fleet mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ■■■■■■ SH*TE JOB

What does it matter? Can’t pay for your shopping with a flash motor. As they say “all flash no cash”.

Plenty of overtime depending on where the depot you run out of is. I was on 60hrs a week running out of York with half of that spent sat in the restaurant at Smethwick or on my bunk at the depot whilst they tipped the wagon.

Conor:
Are they still doing the one week residential training for all new drivers at Smethwick? When I did it they paid mileage at 45p a mile from my house to there and back, put me up in a nice hotel a mile or so away and also paid night out money as well.

Yes they are,mate of mine did it last year.

One week residential training for trunking? Must have some right thickos working for them if they reckon they need a week to train new folk to drive from A to B!

Judging by what I see on the road there’s plenty of drivers who need far more than a weeks training. I wonder whether many of them even hold a license.

About half the week is devoted to properly teaching defensive and economic driving, something you could probably benefit from yourself.

The one week training is for the so called linehaul driver trainers can teach you how to drop a trailer! !! And live by the Interlink rules

I’ve had more training than I care to remember Conor, shame there isn’t training to stop people acting like jumped up bellends, something which you could probably benefit from…

:smiley:

gsijay:
ONE WORD “SH*TE” basic pay £392.71 for 40 hours

really? is that for linehaul :frowning: don’t know if it’s worth me going through with my application

well guys the merc in the photo is not on the road anymore , i have been with dpd a short wile and so far its been good ,they orderd in 140 new units last year and another 140 to follow this year ,every driver goes on a corse for a week for training and everything is paid for :sunglasses: ,
every driver is shown how they want you to be and will be watched by fleetbord ,the units are owned by dpd this is why they keep them but they are all serviced with merc parts only!

the money is good when you get the hours up in fact for me its the most i have ever been paid so i am happy ,the guys in hub 1 are great in the office and are all drivers themselves and treat me with respect so i cant see how you say they are no good they have allot to sort out to keep the vehicles comeing and going!
interlink is the same company but interlink drivers are based at franchise depot tharts the difrence and drivers never leave so it must be good for them!
so to sum it up if you want a big company that is fair to work for this one doesnt seem to bad for me at the moement! :smiley:

Hmmm. First post praising the company. Are you the TM?

Driver-Once-More:
Hmmm. First post praising the company. Are you the TM?

I hope not, if his use of the English language is anything to go by :smiling_imp:

guys no i am not tm ,i cant spell yes i know that this is why i became a lorry driver 30 years ago :laughing:
i praise the company as such they were good enouph to give me a job ,i dont have to stay with them if i dont want too as there is loads of work out there so my options are open ,my last job i stayed with them for 19 years so change to me was very hard !
a job is what you make it ,yes i love decent trucks i have driven them all but this firm is a good solid company if you want a job to settle into! :wink:

madmark63:
guys no i am not tm ,i cant spell yes i know that this is why i became a lorry driver 30 years ago :laughing:
i praise the company as such they were good enouph to give me a job ,i dont have to stay with them if i dont want too as there is loads of work out there so my options are open ,my last job i stayed with them for 19 years so change to me was very hard !
a job is what you make it ,yes i love decent trucks i have driven them all but this firm is a good solid company if you want a job to settle into! :wink: