DPD Hinckley Hub

sorry meant to say good for you

madmark63:
guys no i am not tm ,i cant spell yes i know that this is why i became a lorry driver 30 years ago :laughing:
i praise the company as such they were good enouph to give me a job ,i dont have to stay with them if i dont want too as there is loads of work out there so my options are open ,my last job i stayed with them for 19 years so change to me was very hard !
a job is what you make it ,yes i love decent trucks i have driven them all but this firm is a good solid company if you want a job to settle into! :wink:

But how much is the competitive salary? without being too specific (unless you want to)

steelgoon:

madmark63:
guys no i am not tm ,i cant spell yes i know that this is why i became a lorry driver 30 years ago :laughing:
i praise the company as such they were good enouph to give me a job ,i dont have to stay with them if i dont want too as there is loads of work out there so my options are open ,my last job i stayed with them for 19 years so change to me was very hard !
a job is what you make it ,yes i love decent trucks i have driven them all but this firm is a good solid company if you want a job to settle into! :wink:

But how much is the competitive salary? without being too specific (unless you want to)

around 20 grand i would think :frowning:

right, the wagon on picture is not in the road but they still got 54 plate with day cabs…
the salary in there is Ł10,23 ph and after 8 hours one and half. They will open HUB 4 in Hinckley in August.
They ordered some new wagons but they still use and will be use 54, 55 plate… really sh*t dirty wagons. The job is very easy (mostly trailer swaps) with some handball hardly ever but sometimes happen and You have to load yourself if you are going to Interlink depot (interlink and dpd is owned by one company called GeoPost).

Any more question just ask. I’m working over there couple of months now but I will start a new job since February.

i’m not bothered about having a flash wagon and i don’t mind loading/unloading…but i’d have to take a 5 grand drop in basic pay,and probably have to do some weekend work for it as well.i was looking forward to this hub opening as it’s fairly local to me,but 5 grand is a big drop to me.if there’s little or no o/t offered it would be a bad move.i’ll still go to an interview and see what they have to say though.

Driver-Once-More:
Hmmm. First post praising the company. Are you the TM?

There’s another first time poster further down :smiley: :smiley:

terry t i have been on this site for years but couldnt post so i re registerd!
:wink:

madmark63:
terry t i have been on this site for years but couldnt post so i re registerd!
:wink:

Are you an Interlink depot driver ?

i am a linehaul driver , :wink: its not a bad company within reason :wink:

scmww:
really sh*t dirty wagons.

If the wagon is dirty its because you aren’t putting it through the truckwash at Smethwick like you’re supposed to be doing.

merc0447:
I’ve had more training than I care to remember Conor, shame there isn’t training to stop people acting like jumped up bellends, something which you could probably benefit from…

:smiley:

pass the popcorn things just got interesting!

well said conor :wink:

Honestly, I wonder what the criteria is here for an employer to pass as good to work for, I can’t remember the last time someone posted up a company that passed the Truknet challenge without the usual derogatory comments coming from the same old posters. You’ve got to wonder what they actually do as a job, deliver custard for 4 hours a day and collect a salary of £100k, designer work clothes, 364 days holiday per year and a Swedish masseur on call just incase the little cherubs need a de-stressing

DPD is one of the better companies to work for, good rate of pay, overtime paid at a fair rate, decent holiday entitlement. I have a mate who drives from Edinburgh to Carlisle, hands over the trailer for it to continue down South, has his own (paid for by DPD) room at the truckstop in Carlisle, free meal, He’s actually bought a cheap runabout that he parks down there so he can go to the gym, swimming etc then makes the return journey to Edinburgh. He’s paid well in excess of £30k a year for around 6hrs driving a night.

What exactly do you people want for companies to qualify as good to work for?

Conor:
Judging by what I see on the road there’s plenty of drivers who need far more than a weeks training. I wonder whether many of them even hold a license.

Probably because of all the dumbing down of the test. As reading on here alot cant pass with anything over 12t, long wheel base or manual.

Conor:

scmww:
really sh*t dirty wagons.

If the wagon is dirty its because you aren’t putting it through the truckwash at Smethwick like you’re supposed to be doing.

That will be the truck wash at Smethwick that has not worked since the end of November then :grimacing:

madmark63:
well guys the merc in the photo is not on the road anymore

I know, it’s on the footpath instead :smiley: :smiley:

Terry T:
I know, it’s on the footpath instead :smiley: :smiley:

Is it parked under that light for security ■■

well i think its a ok firm myself ,i have a freind of mine who does loads of hours and he is on £900 a week :open_mouth:

with this photo every firm has drivers that have accidents ! :wink:

madmark63:
i am a linehaul driver

Depot or Hub based ?

no not hub based he gets the runaround abit for that money :laughing: :laughing:

also this firm will put you through your cpc so thats another good thing! :wink: