The Mexican:

Monkey241:
There would be no migration blah blah.

Balls

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

A highly intelligent response.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Pithy though.

If you want to believe all emigrants are refugees even I can’t fix that much stupid

Interesting point.
So how many emigrants are political emigrants and how many are economic migrants?
If there was no conflict in an area, the economy would be stronger there. There would be less reason to leave the area.
There would be fewer “economic migrants” .
You really can’t separate it all out.
There are still millions more Syrians in countries close to their own than here in Europe. Mosty they want to go back to their homes.
It ain’t the majority that are “invading us” as the nasty part of the UK press try to unite us in a war against some invented threat.
The few thousands that are strong here are a fraction of those arriving in other EU countries. They are still doing OK.
What is so intrinsically weak about the UK, so that some see us as incapable of dealing with a few extra? I reckon we are a strong and generous society, and can cope with a few thousand extra.
A few stately home owners might get some houses built in their pheasant shooting estates, well boo-hoo. There are long terms made by all competent governments all over the world to allow for increases in population. The numbers arriving here are ( or should be) within that expected.
The under investment in infrastructure is largely a political choice. The “austerity” measures of the past decade or so have done more harm than good. Blaming a few thousand extra population for our economic mismanagement is the Tory press trying to find scapegoats so they can retain power and we get more of the same nonsense.

You’re at it again [emoji1787]

Please define a ‘few thousand’

Carryfast:

The Mexican:
Stop dropping bombs on people and destroying their countries and they won’t flee. Is that so really hard to understand?

My Great Aunt and her 5 year old daughter who died with her in 1943, while their Dad was at war, all facing it not fleeing, would disagree.

iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/58138

As would my 10 year old at the time late Mum and her late 4 year old Sister and their Mum and soldier Father and my 16 year old late Father who was working in an armaments factory supporting his widowed Mum and serving in the Home Guard before he was called up.All having already been through the larger earlier raids of 1940 at that point.

After all that my Mum was 12 and at school when this landed nearby.They were back at school again while the rubble was being cleared.

surreycomet.co.uk/news/11743 … -at-235pm/

Where do you propose that they would have run to even if they’d have wanted to.
Also why would anyone want run to live with their enemies if you’re saying we are seen by them as the aggressor.

That’s quite some debating tactic- ‘all these people who are dead now and experienced something 80 years ago wouldn’t agree’ :smiley:

JeffA:
Muslim by 2050? You’re reaching there Janos.

Has the middle east been aflame anymore than Europe was in the 20th century?

Perhaps Gadaffi was a bit optimistic there, but with 1 in 2 in certain cities being immigrants, and probably muslim, who can say when they will become the majority. How soon before Muslim majorities start demanding their rights under sharia? Already goes on unofficially. My point was, we are importing ways and mores that are in no way compatible with our own. There will be a tipping point when our own established way of life will be under threat. If the current situation continues, there will be a reckoning at some point.

You can’t conflate the world wars with the almost continual strife in the middle east. More people have been killed in the name of islam than in any other cause. Since its inception it has been in continual jihad against the Christian west too.

The actual drownings were tragic, but to focus solely on that, is to ignore the fact that mass migration into the west by muslims will fundamentally change everything people have fought and died for in those world wars. To throw in that old cliché of migration being the fault of western intervention is just nonsense. Was there a mass exodus from Afghanistan before the Taliban took over, or before al Assad started bombing his own, with Russian help?

I get your drift Janos but is the population of muslims increasing by another 5% or 10% going to change our way of life? How so? Enforced prayers or something? I dont do beards im afraid - you are still tasting tomato soup 5 hours after you have eaten.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

The Mexican:
Stop dropping bombs on people and destroying their countries and they won’t flee. Is that so really hard to understand?

My Great Aunt and her 5 year old daughter who died with her in 1943, while their Dad was at war, all facing it not fleeing, would disagree.

As would my 10 year old at the time late Mum and her late 4 year old Sister and their Mum and soldier Father and my 16 year old late Father who was working in an armaments factory supporting his widowed Mum and serving in the Home Guard before he was called up.All having already been through the larger earlier raids of 1940 at that point.

After all that my Mum was 12 and at school when this landed nearby.They were back at school again while the rubble was being cleared.

Also why would anyone want run to live with their enemies if you’re saying we are seen by them as the aggressor.

That’s quite some debating tactic- ‘all these people who are dead now and experienced something 80 years ago wouldn’t agree’ :smiley:

But proves the point that whatever it is that they are ‘running’ from and for, it has nothing to do with bombs ‘dropping’ around them.
Let alone wanting to make their enemy, who supposedly bombed them, their destination to ‘flee’ to.

JeffA:
I get your drift Janos but is the population of muslims increasing by another 5% or 10% going to change our way of life? How so? Enforced prayers or something? I dont do beards im afraid - you are still tasting tomato soup 5 hours after you have eaten.

The Balkans have been there seen it and got the T shirt to date since the fall of Constantinople.
rferl.org/a/islamic-state-si … 21687.html

To avoid accusations of hypocrisy a muslim majority would ban alcohol, insist on modest dress for women, persecute gay people and partake in all the usual nonsense. Enforced prayers may be the only fun you will get.
As muslim families out breed the indigenous pops of all European countries, it is only a question of when, not if, we wrestle with an indignant muslim people questioning how we currently live our lives, and demanding change. Its hard to believe anybody could condone the current mass migration and believe it is in any way a good thing. This free for all has to stop.

Janos:
To avoid accusations of hypocrisy a muslim majority would ban alcohol, insist on modest dress for women, persecute gay people and partake in all the usual nonsense. Enforced prayers may be the only fun you will get.
As muslim families out breed the indigenous pops of all European countries, it is only a question of when, not if, we wrestle with an indignant muslim people questioning how we currently live our lives, and demanding change. Its hard to believe anybody could condone the current mass migration and believe it is in any way a good thing. This free for all has to stop.

Bearing in mind that ‘democracy’ contains the flaw that it can and previously has voted itself out of existence.In this case it’s easy to foresee localised majorities calling for Sharia type rule on a local basis.Balkanisation of the country and someone or something is behind it.Everything happens for a reason in politics.

JeffA:

In areas where there are substantial Muslim communities, the composition of local Councils (and thus of the Cabinets making key decisions) has a disproportionate number of Muslim members.

It is not unusual for leaders of the Muslim communities to encourage postal and proxy voting and thereby ensure their preferred candidates are elected.
This has been the case for many years, probably not in the leafy and affluent areas which the current party leaders represent. Not yet, that is.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

The Mexican:

But proves the point that whatever it is that they are ‘running’ from and for, it has nothing to do with bombs ‘dropping’ around them.
Let alone wanting to make their enemy, who supposedly bombed them, their destination to ‘flee’ to.

It really doesnt

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

‘switchlogic’:

It really doesnt

How else would you explain it.
They are the type who’ll run away when the going gets tough ?.
Or they want to live with the people who supposedly bombed them and who they regard as enemies ?.
Or is it some other motive like the handouts are good ?.
Or sleepers waiting for revenge when the time is right ?.
Or a combination of any or all.

Nobody got any empathy for them? If I was being bombed in syria I might try to get somewhere safer too - does that make me a wrong un?

JeffA:
Nobody got any empathy for them? If I was being bombed in syria I might try to get somewhere safer too - does that make me a wrong un?

I think that’s exactly how anyone would have seen it if the populations of our major targets like Coventry and London etc had left their jobs and all ran for the hills of Switzerland or at least Ireland in 1939.
Bearing in mind I actually knew a driver where I worked who ran to Ireland after surviving being torpedoed in the Atlantic and was sent back and court martialed and put on penal shipyard duties for the duration.While I think my Grandfather and Grandmother could have legally claimed residence there with my future Mum and Aunt if they’d have been inclined to abandon the country to its fate.Instead of which they stayed with it even after my Grandfather had lost his sister and 5 year old neice to bombing.Knowing his wife and two daughters were in the same harms way to the end.

Why would you want to travel all the way to live with your ‘enemies’ and alien culture in the UK, who’d supposedly bombed you, rather than move just next door to Jordan, Turkey, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Saudi or Iran ?.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

‘switchlogic’:

It really doesnt

Or they want to live with the people who supposedly bombed them and who they regard as enemies ?.

When the going gets tough?

Or when anarchy reigns and you don’t think you can protect your family?

Are all refugees the same? Or do they have differing views?

Handouts are good? Not really.

Perhaps some of them already have family here or love what they perceive the UK to be or want the opportunity to make a decent life?

I’m keen to know what you’ve ever done when the going got tough…?

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

‘switchlogic’:

It really doesnt

Wanting revenge and thinking they all think we are the enemy is just a stupid generalisation. And you saying they run away when the going gets tough is hilariously ironic coming from you

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Wanting revenge and thinking they all think we are the enemy is just a stupid generalisation. And you saying they run away when the going gets tough is hilariously ironic coming from you

So we’re not actually the ‘enemy’ that supposedly bombed them ?.
They see us as their friends and running all the way across Europe to be here is just their way of thanking us.
When they could have gone just a few miles down the road to be with their own in a place that’s safe enough to be a holiday destination.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

So we’re not actually the ‘enemy’ that supposedly bombed them ?

You know the Taliban weren’t/aren’t democratically elected right?

Monkey241:
I’m keen to know what you’ve ever done when the going got tough…?

He retired :smiley:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
So we’re not actually the ‘enemy’ that supposedly bombed them ?

You know the Taliban weren’t/aren’t democratically elected right?

So exactly who actually bombed who, supposedly then causing exactly who to run here and why do those running want to come here specifically so much to the point of crossing Europe and then drowning trying to cross the Channel to invade our beaches ?.
There are no Taliban running amok in places like UAE, Qatar, Turkey, or Egypt, at least according to the UK holiday industry and no need to drown getting there from anywhere in the Middle East and all much closer in culture.
So why here specifically.What are we offering them that those places, let alone France, aren’t.

eagerbeaver:
The question is; WHY do they want to come here?

It certainly is not for the weather. These migrants all seem to be clutching mobile phones and it seems obvious to me that they have networks of

Any thoughts?

They dont want to come here - france and germany take more than us and 85% of the worlds migrants are in neighbouring countries in the middle east. The UK gets about 1% of the worlds refugees.