Dozens drown after migrant boat capsizes in Channel

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:
Stop invading people’s countries and destabilising them and we wouldn’t have any migration. We’ve destroyed Afghanistan, Iraq and tried to do the same to Syria. If we’d left them alone we wouldn’t be in this position. Hussain, Gaddafi and Assad were indeed tyrants. Buy they had a firm grip on things and Christians were protected . What we have now is a million times worse and we have caused it.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Right…we destroyed Afghanistan MORE than the Taliban?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Definitely. It’s their country not ours .

Just because it is their country, it doesn’t mean the Taliban can’t destroy it.

They will think they are fixing it after occupation by foreign governments. It’s up to the Afghans to decide who runs their country not the UK or the US. Why do you care so much about Afghanistan [emoji1023]?

Monkey241:
There would be no migration blah blah.

Balls

A highly intelligent response.

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:
Stop invading people’s countries and destabilising them and we wouldn’t have any migration. We’ve destroyed Afghanistan, Iraq and tried to do the same to Syria. If we’d left them alone we wouldn’t be in this position. Hussain, Gaddafi and Assad were indeed tyrants. Buy they had a firm grip on things and Christians were protected . What we have now is a million times worse and we have caused it.

They will think they are fixing it after occupation by foreign governments. It’s up to the Afghans to decide who runs their country not the UK or the US. Why do you care so much about Afghanistan [emoji1023]?

It’s up to the country… that isn’t the same as the Taliban is it?

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

Balls

Pithy though.

If you want to believe all emigrants are refugees even I can’t fix that much stupid

Stop dropping bombs on people and destroying their countries and they won’t flee. Is that so really hard to understand?

The Mexican:
Stop dropping bombs on people and destroying their countries and they won’t flee. Is that so really hard to understand?

Wasn’t the great exodus when we left■■?

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

The Taliban are popular in Afghanistan among the people. Maybe read a bit mate and stop reading [emoji432] the Daily Mail

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Maybe we shouldn’t have been there and they wouldn’t have come ?

independent.co.uk/news/a-ti … 12797.html

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

That really didn’t answer my question [emoji1787]

But in case you missed it - they were there before we invaded

Christian communities destroyed in Iraq because of the US and UK invasion. Like Afghanistan maybe if we didn’t get involved in these countries and destroy them we wouldn’t see mass migration. You need to thick as ■■■■ to think this is why they don’t come here. They are fleeing a war created by us. With that comes problems and for sure a few bad ones among them but we’ve created it.

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Again . It’s nothing to do with us.

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Again . It’s nothing to do with us.

What war created by us are the Sudanese, Ethiopians and Iranians fleeing?

And as pointed out the only mass exodus from Afghanistan in recent times was when WE left the country.

There are facts… and then there is ideology.

You don’t deal in facts

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

The Taliban are popular in Afghanistan among the people. Maybe read a bit mate and stop reading [emoji432] the Daily Mail

The Taliban are popular amongst the people? No.

What they are is powerful.

Top tip- you only need to quote the specific piece you are replying to, rather than quoting all badly because you are only allowed 4 quotes. Makes the thread very hard to read. Just friendly advice. Have a good Sunday.

The Mexican:

My Great Aunt and her 5 year old daughter who died with her in 1943, while their Dad was at war, all facing it not fleeing, would disagree.

iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/58138

As would my 10 year old at the time late Mum and her late 4 year old Sister and their Mum and soldier Father and my 16 year old late Father who was working in an armaments factory supporting his widowed Mum and serving in the Home Guard before he was called up.All having already been through the larger earlier raids of 1940 at that point.

After all that my Mum was 12 and at school when this landed nearby.They were back at school again while the rubble was being cleared.

surreycomet.co.uk/news/11743 … -at-235pm/

Where do you propose that they would have run to even if they’d have wanted to.
Also why would anyone want run to live with their enemies if you’re saying we are seen by them as the aggressor.

A lorry drives into a building causing damage, but the building still stands. As the truck is reversed out the whole building collapses.
Well says the driver, “nowt to do with me, the house only fell down when I left”.
In the late 30’s we took in some (Maybe not enough) Jewish and other refugees from ■■■■ Germany. Since we weren’t the instigators of the ■■■■ rise, should we have turned them away? After all “We didn’t start it”
If a country has a dysfunctional system of government maybe because of interference by the West, Russia or whoever, the economy will suffer. Those trying to feed their children or get somewhere better are now liable to be called “economic migrants” and looked down on by some of us.
Those who have been praising some earlier “strong leaders” in the region are little more than apologists for corrupt and brutal regimes. If Hitler hadn’t gone too far and invaded Poland would they have said “Ah well, he is keeping all those rebels under control. It doesn’t affect me”.
Strong leaders will always characterise the opposition as rebels etc. Those in oil rich countries will get support to keep it flowing. So long as “not too many” get killed, “not too openly”, then we have too often ignored it.

Monkey241:

The Mexican:

Monkey241:

Balls

Pithy though.

If you want to believe all emigrants are refugees even I can’t fix that much stupid

Interesting point.
So how many emigrants are political emigrants and how many are economic migrants?
If there was no conflict in an area, the economy would be stronger there. There would be less reason to leave the area.
There would be fewer “economic migrants” .
You really can’t separate it all out.
There are still millions more Syrians in countries close to their own than here in Europe. Mosty they want to go back to their homes.
It ain’t the majority that are “invading us” as the nasty part of the UK press try to unite us in a war against some invented threat.
The few thousands that are strong here are a fraction of those arriving in other EU countries. They are still doing OK.
What is so intrinsically weak about the UK, so that some see us as incapable of dealing with a few extra? I reckon we are a strong and generous society, and can cope with a few thousand extra.
A few stately home owners might get some houses built in their pheasant shooting estates, well boo-hoo. There are long terms made by all competent governments all over the world to allow for increases in population. The numbers arriving here are ( or should be) within that expected.
The under investment in infrastructure is largely a political choice. The “austerity” measures of the past decade or so have done more harm than good. Blaming a few thousand extra population for our economic mismanagement is the Tory press trying to find scapegoats so they can retain power and we get more of the same nonsense.

Dont forget david camerons genius “intervention” in libya - thats destabilised the whole of north africa - lots of people now leaving.

Janos:
Whilst we wrap ourselves up in sanctimonious knots over the deaths of yet more muslim drones, the wider long term implications of this malign exodus go unnoticed.
Why does nobody seem to know or care that imams throughout the middle east exhort the youth to go west and procreate?
Gadaffi said the call to arms of jihad was unnecessary and that Europe would be muslim by 2050 anyway. He is right. Falling birthrates of the indigenous populations will be replaced by muslims.
The middle east is aflame, as it has been for millenia, and we are importing all the ingredients for the same issues to be recreated here.
Churchill was right when he said, islam in a man, is like rabies in a dog.
The drownings must be seen in the wider context of what is occuring, and also the illegality of what they were doing, and also the rank irresponsibilty of the parents taking children on these boats.
So no sympathy here. They are bringing a lot more than more cheap labour. It needs sorting, and Patel is not the person to do it.
It is opening the door for another Farage party.

Muslim by 2050? You’re reaching there Janos.

Has the middle east been aflame anymore than Europe was in the 20th century?