Dozens drown after migrant boat capsizes in Channel

Carryfast:

Monkey241:

Carryfast:
It’s clear who’s reasoning is somewhat lacking or more like based on lies.
As would be expected of the far left.
The truth is whoever was or wasn’t bombed by who doesn’t explain anyone wanting to risk drowning in the Channel to get here specifically at all costs.
‘Unless’ they are coming for revenge and the free handouts are just a bonus.
Or those handouts are just too good to ignore, far better than what’s on offer in France and make it worth the risk.

Far left is an assumption made by you in your hysteria.

Inviting in a potential enemy, with the incentive of free handouts, to the point where they are prepared to risk drowning in the Channel to get here to claim them, can’t be anything other than an irrational leftist agenda.
Bearing in mind that the NHS and benefits system can’t even afford to look after our own and it’s a small country which is already way over populated.The last thing it needs is needless artificial additions to that situation, from even more over populated parts of the world, to add to the burden.

I haven’t invited anyone [emoji1787]

The rest is just blithering ■■■■■■■■■■■

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Anybody who condones the current free for all over the Channel, is either a muslim or a loony leftie, or possibly both. I wonder how history will view the apathetic anti-patriots who allow this to continue when viewed through the prism of an islamic england in decades hence.

Janos:
Anybody who condones the current free for all over the Channel, is either a muslim or a loony leftie, or possibly both. I wonder how history will view the apathetic anti-patriots who allow this to continue when viewed through the prism of an islamic england in decades hence.

Nor have I condoned anything.

As for patriotism I’ll put mine up against yours anyway you want.

I’m guessing you have multiple op tours under your belt?

Janos:

Decades? Huh !
Lets kick out all the New Religions!
Darned Christian incomers, let`s get back to the true hǣþendōm !!

Franglais:

Janos:

Decades? Huh !

Was Christianity a war of conquest in UK?
Or more one of conversion?

Franglais:

Janos:

Decades? Huh !

Let’s kick out all religions. They are, in my view, all meant to control and subdue the gullible. Most problems in the world seem to have a religious bent.

Dipster:

Franglais:

Janos:

Decades? Huh !

Let’s kick out all religions. They are, in my view, all meant to control and subdue the gullible. Most problems in the world seem to have a religious bent.

Do they?

Or is it man that has the issue?

Monkey241:

Dipster:

Franglais:

Janos:

Decades? Huh !

Do they?

Man having the issue? Yes, in a sense. I believe men and women are often influenced to do what they believe to be the right thing (mostly trying to influence or force those of other religions to accept theirs) by their religious beliefs (of various religions) they have been indoctrinated with, often since birth.

Just my opinion. Based, regrettably, on historic fact.

Monkey241:

Does it matter?

If so, was the establishment of the Church of England (a sect of Christianity) conquest/conversion/political-coercion, or whatever? The Establishment probably would qualify as a political act I would suggest.
And again, does it matter?

Is one method of convincing a population the …validity?.. of a particular…belief?.. more or less good/bad/valid/■■

If some one, or some group, have a belief, how important is it how they arrived at that belief?
Beliefs are, after all, independent of reason or logic, aren`t they?

Dipster:

Monkey241:

Dipster:

Franglais:

Janos:

Decades? Huh !

Do they?

Man having the issue? Yes, in a sense. I believe men and women are often influenced to do what they believe to be the right thing (mostly trying to influence or force those of other religions to accept theirs) by their religious beliefs (of various religions) they have been indoctrinated with, often since birth.

Just my opinion. Based, regrettably, on historic fact.

And yet having been brought up RC I never felt the need to influence or coerce any other religion…

Franglais:

Monkey241:

Does it matter?

If so, was the establishment of the Church of England (a sect of Christianity) conquest/conversion/political-coercion, or whatever? The Establishment probably would qualify as a political act I would suggest.
And again, does it matter?

Is one method of convincing a population the …validity?.. of a particular…belief?.. more or less good/bad/valid/■■

If some one, or some group, have a belief, how important is it how they arrived at that belief?
Beliefs are, after all, independent of reason or logic, aren`t they?

Does it matter? In the context of your original statement …yes.

And perhaps you need to add context to your statement that beliefs are independent of reason or logic. Because without context that would be an illogical statement

Dipster:

Franglais:

Janos:

Decades? Huh !

Religion is the most impressive form of control humans have ever invented. It’s simply about control, amazes me how few can see that

Monkey241:

Yes? OK, but why does it matter.
Being enigmatic might work for the Mona Lisa, it don`t cut much ice wiv us Joe Cool truckers.

Monkey241:
And perhaps you need to add context to your statement that beliefs are independent of reason or logic. Because without context that would be an illogical statement

In the context of what the actual word belief actually means maybe?
" belief
/bɪˈliːf/
Learn to pronounce
noun
an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof."
After all, everyone deserves a Dr Johnson moment.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
My comment at least was a comeback for the likes of Carryfast who think they all come here, that no other countries get any. Plainly false, in the grand scheme of things we don’t even get that many.

The irony on a topic about them drowning in the Channel to get here by invading our beaches.
Rather than staying anywhere in their choice of Euroland ( or on the continents that they originate from which are usually ‘safe’ enough to provide holiday destinations for us ) .

They don’t all come here

Dipster:
Sorry Carryfast but in many cases that is simply wrong. I am not commenting on the fact that people are moving, simply your comment above. I spent many years working in North and West Africa and the Middle East. Many countries there are holiday destinations, that is true. But the areas the tourists get to see and the conditions they live in are very often quite different to those of the locals. That is simply true and factual. Many of the world’s police forces and governments are brutal, uncaring tyrannies.

Now I guess you will call me a commy again…

How DARE YOU! Doubt the Trucknet oracle. He’ll trump your working there with his superior knowledge learned in his living room in London :wink:

Franglais:

Monkey241:

Yes? OK, but why does it matter.
Being enigmatic might work for the Mona Lisa, it don`t cut much ice wiv us Joe Cool truckers.

Monkey241:

In the context of what the actual word belief actually means maybe?
" belief
/bɪˈliːf/
Learn to pronounce
noun
an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof."
After all, everyone deserves a Dr Johnson moment.

I suggest you explore the idea of reasonable grounds to believe in policing.

Then take a look at the role of belief in science.
It is neither illogical or irrational. Much of what we accept as true is actually hypothesis.

As for your definition - did ‘especially’ escape you?

switchlogic:

Dipster:
Decades? Huh !

Religion is the most impressive form of control humans have ever invented. It’s simply about control, amazes me how few can see that
[/quote]
Who is saying you that must believe in Christianity.
As opposed to the usual far left suspects trying to ban such belief all because their leader Marx said so like everything else that doesn’t fit their script.

switchlogic:

Dipster:
Sorry Carryfast but in many cases that is simply wrong. I am not commenting on the fact that people are moving, simply your comment above. I spent many years working in North and West Africa and the Middle East. Many countries there are holiday destinations, that is true. But the areas the tourists get to see and the conditions they live in are very often quite different to those of the locals. That is simply true and factual. Many of the world’s police forces and governments are brutal, uncaring tyrannies.

How DARE YOU! Doubt the Trucknet oracle. He’ll trump your working there with his superior knowledge learned in his living room in London :wink:

Much better to drown in the Channel than face the ‘brutal uncaring tyrannies’ of UAE, Kuwait and Jordan and Turkey and every EU state between Syria and UK including France.
The left can do comedy better than anything Monty Python could have dreamed of.
A bit like the M25 London Border in the Marxists’ dreams.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Dipster:

Much better to drown in the Channel than face the ‘brutal uncaring tyrannies’ of UAE, Kuwait and Jordan and Turkey and every EU state between Syria and UK including France.

Most do
nrc.no/perspectives/2020/th … -refugees/

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Most do
nrc.no/perspectives/2020/th … -refugees/
[/quote]
UK population density 281 per km2.

France 119 per km2.

Hungary 107 per km2.

Iran 52 per km2

Turkey 110 per km2

UAE 118 per km2.

Czech Republic 139 per km2.

Slovenia 103 per km2.

Croatia 73 per km2.

Russia 9 per km2.

Sweden 25 per km2.

So why us and why would we need to add to our population by letting more in to prevent them drowning themselves in the Channel trying to get here to invade our beaches.
Also what could possibly be the specific UK attraction to them.
Other than we provide the best benefits and/or trying to infiltrate one of the two leading NATO member states.Bearing in mind that Syria and Iran are historically major NATO opposition states and Russian/NK/China/Pakistan/Iran allies.