Downton, poor poor pay

Stupid…

(double post)

Bloody…

Forum…

(triple post)

Yeah Albion but your our top employer setting the standard.
One things for sure your inbox is gonna be full to bursting when a vacancy comes up your end.

Dipper_Dave:
I work for less albeit with slightly better bait and switch expenses.

Good job for anyone looking to get on the ladder and give it a go, needs to be plenty of hours though but that’s why we do the job.

Those who just truck for money need not apply, those who actually enjoy trucking and fancy taking home 550 to 600+ notes a week for loads of hours fill ya boots.

Edit: After some quick calculations on me fingers and toes I work for about the same albeit with no load interaction.

Sure the other perks are similar I.e. pension, share scheme, pretty offices lasses.

You can earn some good money on there. tilbury and chatham are 9.45 ph just dont expect them to respect your weekends they will think nothing of giving you a job 4 oc on a friday

I do mention the downsides Dipper! We aren’t perfect, lots of people wouldn’t want to double man and spend 24 hours on a ferry!

Seems like a typical wage for Mon-Fri general haulage to be honest.

From what I’ve seen its pretty much the going rates for general haulage. Every company might have a slightly different hourly rate and tax free allowance but overall when worked out I find they end up about the same take home. Basically trampers putting in loads of hours will come out with a decent wage but only because of the amount of hours and because they’ve had to be away from home all week. Day drivers on this rate will get about £360-400 per week on this rate averaging between 55 and 60 hours. Like others have said, this kind of work and pay is fine for someone wanting experience, but I can’t imagine they hold onto many drivers long term with a pay structure like that. Just like most general haulage companies it seems.

Colin_scottish:
So mouse how much should there pay be and whats the going rate in your area.I know in glasgow the pay at times is bad but as a new driver who wants to start out its a good start with no experiance.

I’m in East Yorkshire and its at least a decade since I last earned under £10/hr. I do night trunks up to Scotland and the drivers we meet from there who are working for Wincanton near Glasgow are on over £10/hr as well.

Dont work where i work only 7.90 gor class 1

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Conor:

Colin_scottish:
So mouse how much should there pay be and whats the going rate in your area.I know in glasgow the pay at times is bad but as a new driver who wants to start out its a good start with no experiance.

I’m in East Yorkshire and its at least a decade since I last earned under £10/hr. I do night trunks up to Scotland and the drivers we meet from there who are working for Wincanton near Glasgow are on over £10/hr as well.

Wincanton paying over £10ph near glasgow that not what ive heard they were only paying £9.25ph.

This topic comes up about once a week and while it may be a low rate it must be enough or they would have no drivers, rates will never go up until trucks are parked up.

An £18.8 million gross profit in 2015.
They can pay better than that.

You get a fiver lunch expenses, What you lot moaning at. :laughing: :laughing:

Colin_scottish:

Conor:

Colin_scottish:

Wincanton paying over £10ph near glasgow that not what ive heard they were only paying £9.25ph.

They are ALL agency, most if not all are “self employed” :unamused: for an extra quid.

Wow :open_mouth: I’m on 9.25ph paye (through agency) and 11ph Saturdays as a newly qualified class 2 day driver, got my c+e next week but I’m not sure I’ll be rushing our the door once I’ve got it.

Tilbury & Chatham depots are on a better rate than that.Old c&h contract still…£14.90 on Saturdays…£15.90 on Sundays…£21 night out…And your break is not deducted…And nearly all the kit is new or in the process of being replaced…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It’s the best job ever.

jimbobb:
Wow :open_mouth: I’m on 9.25ph paye (through agency) and 11ph Saturdays as a newly qualified class 2 day driver, got my c+e next week but I’m not sure I’ll be rushing our the door once I’ve got it.

To be fair many class 2 jobs mean more work and aggro for the money like building deliveries or multi drop etc etc especially now that class 2 has been merged with the old four wheeler class 3.Added to which will probably be commuting costs.

As opposed to possibly mostly/all relatively longer distance bulk or full load pallet work in the case of class 1 tramping. :bulb:

Well, thats that, then.

Next thread, please :smiley: