dover hauliers

AS we are on the subject of Dover and its drivers I would like to post a couple of photos of a great guy who we lost 10 years ago this week.Steve Pech.

To all of you who met him,he could never be forgotten

This was taken on a shooting trip we took in the depths of the Florida Everglades.

hi 14too

great pics mate, you got anymore info or pics of the pegaso troner that your mate tony extended

cheers
gaz

Propa lorry

Just re-reading your earlier posts are you Micky Aingers son.
Pulled some of those Robert Postle trailers for him back around 1988.
Bad news in the long run.
However,this picture appeared on the Astran thread and I’m not sure I can post it here,but here goes.
It is the truck on the left that is of interest.
Steve

tetragaz.

The cab is now sitting on top of a container in Tony’s yard in Sandwich.
I will try and get over there this w/end as he still has the Peterbilt ,ex Nigel Fry
parked in the corner.
I will grab some shots if he is about.

I did some driving for Tony about 9/10 years ago when his wife was still driving ,
At the time he had a wonderful collection of roadworthy vehicles.
My favorite was an ex Smirfitt Seddon that somehow had been tickled to make at least 550/600 horsepower.
Without a limiter it was an incredible piece of kit.
He had also squeezed two tanks of about 1500 litres on the poor old girl.
It was my initiation to the famous Twin splitter.By the end of the first hour I was laying on the grass verge praying to whoever would listen that I did not deserve this fate.
However,after a few more curses I mastered what would become an absolute joy to drive.

The faces of the empty 164 drivers as I overtook them going up the steepest of the hilly bits,fully freighted,on the M6 through the lake district was a sight to behold.

14 TOO:
Hell on earth Kingsnorth Power station.
The Goddard F12 was origionally driven by John Messanger,but on this day was being piloted by a guy called Ally Crook.

I’ve just remembered what the significance of this photo was.

Mike Goddard received a phone call from one of the big hotels on Dover seafront.
“Do you have A. Crook working for you .Mr.Goddard”
“They all are…, how did you know Ally worked for me.” he replied.
“Well your F12 is in our carpark,and Mr.Crook left without paying his bill. He also left the keys for the Volvo in the room” Priceless…

Needless to say the hotel bill was sorted pronto and the F12 was on coal and scrap detail for some time.

Lonewolf Yorks:
Heres the thread…

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=45934&p=521285&hilit=+Ford+Transcon#p521285

I’d love to find out she was still with us

thats the one,thanks for that,was tryin to get Tony to buy my transcon to perhaps build a replica,he also told me it sadly caught light,that he set the pump up goin up somo sierras,doin 500 odd brake?even had an intercooler on it.

14 TOO:
Propa lorry

However,this picture appeared on the Astran thread and I’m not sure I can post it here,but here goes.
Steve

Aye thats me,me dad an owner driver now and i work for lasers doin local work,got me coombe valley crusader,me italian 141,me erf an me transcon.
That ■■■■ postl,things may have been very different now if that had’nt of happened.
As for the astran pic,i cant quite make it out,is it your old one?
What you up to now,still doin the bikes?

I’m all confused now, someone said it was in Sandwich. Is it still with us or what? And yes I’d like to talk to the guy that built it.

propa lorry:

14 TOO:
Propa lorry

Steve

Aye thats me,me dad an owner driver now and i work for lasers doin local work,got me coombe valley crusader,me italian 141,me erf an me transcon.
That [zb] postl,things may have been very different now if that had’nt of happened.

Propa Lorry

I think if you look again it is MPA colours.
Steve

14 TOO:

propa lorry:

14 TOO:
Propa lorry

Steve

That [zb] postl,things may have been very different now if that had’nt of happened.

Propa Lorry

I think if you look again it is MPA colours.
Steve

Hiya steve,
no thats got 142 and a v8 badge on it,we had 112’s n 113’s which were blue silver n gold.
If you go on euro-wheels.com and go 1980’s pix,at londra camp there is a former subbie of my dads lorry on there or on truck photos 4 sale,there is D279 goin into the docks with a postl trailer on.