Don't want any hassle

Thats what we all want clock in- keys- trip sheet- deliveries- keys on hook-clock out = no hassle

Normally i can go months with out hassle no ‘‘incidents’’ probably my laid back style let them get on with it attitude.

But these last few weeks ive had nothing but hassle, ive had artics overtaking me on singles whilst im doing 50! Ive had cars overtake me on singles only to slow down to 35 then i go to overtake them and they speed up then slow down again, harsh brake all sorts.

Then today 150 metres till i turn right i get into the right hand lane in a 40 and this car christ knows what speed he is doing to catch me, right up my arse flashing the lights tries to undertake but a bus comes out a stop so i stay level with the bus so he doesn’t try any funny business, stop to turn right he is giving it all the signs under the sun shouting ■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■ ■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■ all sorts. I give him thumbs up and a merry christmas. Honestly i held this guy up for about 5-10 seconds and you should have seen the rage on his face!

Don’t know whats going on lately maybe someone has spiked the water supply but there is more head cases on the road than normal :confused:

Dealing with it a calm manner is what separates us professionals from “them”! :smiley:

I have been known to fight my corner if cut up, abused etc…It’s a ball ache when it costs you yer’ job though. Be warned! :blush:

An extra 10 seconds in his gf may have made all the difference before he goes home to his missus.This kind of thing happens more and more though.We all should know that ‘executives’, chavs etc. are much more important than us mere lorry drivers.I was told when I started driving to assume everyone else on the road was unpredictable.Most weren’t then.Unfortunately that has changed :frowning:

As i have said many times before, !“Ignore the Ignorant they only grind you down”!

Go about your business, these idiots are only in your life for a short while, have joy in the knowledge that maybe 1 day you’ll drive past 1 of the ignorant idiots sitting in the hedge/ditch, stop to offer aid by all means, but also add that maybe if he/she had an ounce of brain they would have taken their time.

Everytime i am overtaken by some idiot i smile to myself and think the above :grimacing:

Dont rush and dont worry, live longer with less ulcers too :grimacing:

When I first started driving wagons this old driver told the only thing you get with rushing is ulcers and babies and nearly fifty years later I have never found a reason to contradict him. :laughing: :laughing:

A few years ago I think I upset one of the neighbours who was a teacher and informing me how important her bank manager husband was to which my reply was that a binman was more important than a bank manager as we can always use another bank but we have to rely on the council binmen to empty the bins. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

Well I got plenty of hassle this morning wee polish women hit me on the M80. I’m in lane 1, she is coming from the on slip I’m well passed her - she crashes into my nearside rear curtain tensioner.

Her car was a mess my tensioner lives for another day, she was very cagey about insurance and giving it the sore neck routine so I just called the police out.

Seemed a decent guy got the impression his report will favour me, told him the roadhawk can prove I did not deviat from lane 1.

Starting to think I’m jinxed :neutral_face:

Just had hassle off a jobsworth at a delivery.

Turned up, went on bay, paperwork in etc, demanded my keys, so I gave him my car keys, couple of mins later he comes back “are these your car keys?” I said, yeah, so he asked again for my truck keys, so I explained that I need my ignition for my fridge, laptop, phone charger and kettle. Without my keys, I can’t use any of these and can’t lock my truck to go to a butty van, my truck with all my gear in.

So he said, keys or we’re not tipping you… LOL, don’t ■■■■■■’ take it then, it’s your stuff not mine.

I offered to drop trailer, use trailer break, red airline etc, but they refused all this.

1/2 hr later, manager comes out and demands keys, I refused, so he said “drop trailer and park on road”… I offered to do this 1/2hr ago, muppet!! :unamused:

Spare set of keys always helpful in this instance. Give him the sticky, always gets stuck in the lock set!

theonlybigman:
Spare set of keys always helpful in this instance. Give him the sticky, always gets stuck in the lock set!

Tried handing car keys, normally not a prob, have to hand keys in at quite a few places, so car keys go in quite often.

I look at it as a test of understanding the risks of pulling off the bay, and you go get your car keys before pulling off the bay / safety check.

Some ■■■■■■■■■ are just jobsworths and want a ■■■■■■’ smacking.

Half 3 in the afternoon I eventually got a call requesting me to move my trailer, note signed 11.40, I explained that they will be paying until I leave the yard based on PDA / tracker info and they walked past me for their dinner at 12pm, so could’ve told me, he said why should we, £120 reasons why :unamused: 4hrs extra demurrage

I remember years ago…me and the wife were driving along a 30 mph single road near where we live. The road goes for about 1 mile and at the end is a round about just a few yew yards around a little bend. I was driving my car at 30mph at 7am on a cold and morning one January. Only us on the road! Pootling along nattering to the wife about crap as you do. A car appeared at speed in the rear view, “mmm” , i remember thinking. Right up my hoop as they do but me being me held my own, there was broken centre lines so " overtake" i thought. Anyway the WOMAN driver and passenger overtook us whilst giving a stern look towards us and disappeared around the little bend in the distance at speed. “Idiot”, i thought. Anyway carried on chatting to the wife discussing matey’s bad driving, as you do only to arrive at the little bend just before the roundabout to so the offending car embedded into the bushes on the approach to said r.about with two long faced ladies in tears looking at skid marks, (on the road in the ice) not their pants! Pootled past, beeped, waved, and carried on. All i can say is…hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

good week pal? :laughing:

stress normally causes it
2 month ago I stopped my truck on the middle of a roundabout and got out ranting and raving at 2 highway agecny officers
all because they had closed the road off

waynedl:

theonlybigman:

Tried handing car keys, normally not a prob, have to hand keys in at quite a few places, so car keys go in quite often.

I look at it as a test of understanding the risks of pulling off the bay, and you go get your car keys before pulling off the bay / safety check.

Some [zb] are just jobsworths and want a [zb]’ smacking.

Half 3 in the afternoon I eventually got a call requesting me to move my trailer, note signed 11.40, I explained that they will be paying until I leave the yard based on PDA / tracker info and they walked past me for their dinner at 12pm, so could’ve told me, he said why should we, £120 reasons why :unamused: 4hrs extra demurrage

Looks like I spoke to soon on that job, booked in for it again today at 0830, got into work to a flat battery, jump started, went to job, got there at 0831, they asked for keys, I refused, went through it all again, now the planner at the contract I’m on is insisting on me handing keys over, told them they’ll have to go through my company, but I can see the company bending over.

Now, is it worth losing my job over is the question? My laptop battery is 13%, so would get around 10 mins before it’s dead, charger’s 12v which requires ignition, want to lock truck up if I go the loo etc… But, is it worth losing job over.

I’m really thinking it is

It leads the question, when was the last time that someone pulled off a bay and caused an accident due to their keys not being handed in?

waynedl:

waynedl:

theonlybigman:

Looks like I spoke to soon on that job, booked in for it again today at 0830, got into work to a flat battery, jump started, went to job, got there at 0831, they asked for keys, I refused, went through it all again, now the planner at the contract I’m on is insisting on me handing keys over, told them they’ll have to go through my company, but I can see the company bending over.

Now, is it worth losing my job over is the question? My laptop battery is 13%, so would get around 10 mins before it’s dead, charger’s 12v which requires ignition, want to lock truck up if I go the loo etc… But, is it worth losing job over.

As big a ballache as it is mate, i’d swallow my pride & hand the keys over, or look for a set of spares to hand in instead. In the current economic climate, principles have to take a back seat.
Leaving your fridge/laptop unplugged for a couple of hours isn’t the end of the world, & certainly not worth jacking your job in for, especially if its a job you enjoy, unless you have something better lined up, i’d hand the keys over.

most of us have handed in the car keys in the past, but if you do cover your back by dropping the red line as a matter of course. because if you dont and the worst happens you will be the one we are all bemoaning on here. as well as all the trouble it will bring you personally.

waynedl:

waynedl:

theonlybigman:

Got to say that if you knew you were heading back there, why didn’t you make sure your items charged before getting there?

Totally understand the point about wanting to lock the truck etc, but if you took the ignition key off the bunch, would they notice?

DonutUK:

waynedl:

waynedl:

theonlybigman:

Got to say that if you knew you were heading back there, why didn’t you make sure your items charged before getting there?

Totally understand the point about wanting to lock the truck etc, but if you took the ignition key off the bunch, would they notice?

I think they would, yes, because they remembered me from last time, noticed they were car keys last time and were just out for trouble.

Company has told me to take box back to Freightliner and pick up a different job to do, not sure what the repercussions are gonna be, but might be job hunting next week, might go back on National Express :smiley:

I think I’ve just got fed up of being treated like an idiot or a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ by these ■■■■■■■ morons.

sounds to me like youre making a load of aggro for your self.its better to just go through the motions and get out asap.if you need to get one up on them,nick the bog roll or something :slight_smile: