dont text and drive

FarnboroughBoy11:

Adam_Mc:

FarnboroughBoy11:

bubsy06:
This accident was on BBC 1’s motorway cops, a driver was texting on his cab phone and plowed into stationary traffic at 56mph, the girl had no chance, it was only a 7.5tonner as well :open_mouth: :frowning:

She was from Aldershot, I knew of her. Very sad, she was only 23 aswell.

Is that the accident that happened near Basingstoke a few years ago? I watched that episode and was disgusted at the drivers attitude during the investigation and interviews! I never noticed her hand sticking out though…I can’t imagine half the sights coppers, firefighters and paramedics have to see when attending such scenes.

Yeah it was Adam, she was just starting her new job that day in Basingstoke. And yeah that overweight waster of 7.5 driver didnt seem to faze him at all.

That was repeated a few weeks ago and they censored the lorry drivers face and bleeped his name out. WTF for? He was guilty and sentenced for it.

Rob K:
I’m sorry for going against the grain, but LOL :laughing: :laughing: . Come on, we ain’t stupid and we all know the dangers of texting/phoning whilst driving.

We might not be Rob, but there seem to be plenty of stupid people out there. Although on a wider scale I do get annoyed by all the do gooders and pressure groups who want to tell me how to live my life, because some simpleton can’t work out that coffee is hot or testing live wires with your tongue might give you more than a bit of a tingle.

Rob K:
We don’t need some poorly done video ramming down our throats. Hysteria at its best. :unamused:

And yes I used to text whilst driving :open_mouth: . “Used to” up until the day I was texting whilst driving along a single track road in my car, wasn’t watching where I was going and the nearside wheels dropped off the edge of the tarmac onto the muddy verge that sloped down into the ditch :open_mouth: . That was enough of a pant filling moment for me to never text again whilst driving! :laughing:

Well you seem to need a shock of some sort to stop texting while driving. So why shouldn’t others who see this video. Although I don’t know how long it’s message will stick with it’s target audience.

think that vid was out last year
but a timely reminder

bubsy06:

Coffeeholic:
This is the kind of useful stuff they should be teaching on the DCPC, how to text safely while driving, instead of the BS they do. Would cut down on the number of accidents.

vlingo.com/
There saved you 7 hours sitting in a classroom

But what about the more advanced stuff such as eating a sandwich and drinking a coffee while at the wheel, or indeed multi tasking by doing both of those and texting while trying to control the vehicle, is there an app for that?

its not just texing they are too many tools that use facebook aswell while driving!! :imp: :imp: i know for a fact they are people on this forum that update statuts whilst driving… butwhen you have that accident and they check yer phone… then your day will come… morons

Ah, but you lot don’t know what the general public knows, IT CAN’T HAPPEN TO ME.

This is one I was sent by email, it’s a bit gory at the end, but it gets the point over a lttle better than the staged version, real life is often far worse than fiction :wink:

I am also a reformed texter, I could text without looking on my old Nokia, now I have a qwerty keyboard and it’s a two handed job, no chance of doing that without looking either, so I don’t do it anymore.

This is the gory bit

It is a brave new world out there beyond the kitchen. She should have let her man drive her. I’d never let a woman drive me around :laughing:

newmercman:
This is one I was sent by email, it’s a bit gory at the end, but it gets the point over a lttle better than the staged version, real life is often far worse than fiction :wink:

I am also a reformed texter, I could text without looking on my old Nokia, now I have a qwerty keyboard and it’s a two handed job, no chance of doing that without looking either, so I don’t do it anymore.

This is the gory bit

LOL. Image FAIL. You need them to be .jpg or .png if you want pics. And they don’t look like pic links to me. Numpty. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And why are the links 3000 words long? WTF. :open_mouth:

Rob K:

newmercman:

This is the gory bit

LOL. Image FAIL. You need them to be .jpg or .png if you want pics. And they don’t look like pic links to me. Numpty. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And why are the links 3000 words long? WTF. :open_mouth:

I think his error is that he has tried to link to images that are email attachments.
Try saving them to your pc and uploading them to tinypic.com or imageshack.us

Looks like he tried to link to pictures in one of his hotmail emails?

Hands free or not, I think it should be the done thing to pull over at a suitable place to use the phone for whatever.

I usually just let the truck slot into the train tracks then kick back for some sleep and let the cruise control do the work.

RJP001:

Hands free or not, I think it should be the done thing to pull over at a suitable place to use the phone for whatever.

It’s really easy. You can set up profiles on your phone for different ‘stuff’. I have one set up for driving which turns off the ringer, text alert noise and vibrate, so it’ll just ring at the other end but I don’t hear it. That way I don’t get distracted by it but I can see if anyone has called/texted when I get to ‘wherever’. I do have a hands free kit but even though I can hold a conversation on the phone whilst driving, I find it hard to concentrate fully on the road in front and behind so choose not to use the phone at all whilst driving. :slight_smile: Stuff is not THAT important that it can’t wait for an hour/half hour etc. :unamused:

Rob K:

RJP001:

It’s really easy. You can set up profiles on your phone for different ‘stuff’. I have one set up for driving which turns off the ringer, text alert noise and vibrate, so it’ll just ring at the other end but I don’t hear it. That way I don’t get distracted by it but I can see if anyone has called/texted when I get to ‘wherever’. I do have a hands free kit but even though I can hold a conversation on the phone whilst driving, I find it hard to concentrate fully on the road in front and behind so choose not to use the phone at all whilst driving. :slight_smile: Stuff is not THAT important that it can’t wait for an hour/half hour etc. :unamused:

Don’t you notice that people usually call at the worst possible moment? Resersing on a bay, trying to get round a tight junction etc. I just don’t talk on the phone and drive anymore. Also I have a touch screen phone that requires taking eyes off the road to see the qwerty keyboard which I’m just not prepared to do.

I think the following sentence today on this young Lady defines the tilte of this thread.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-13038020

roughyed:
I think the following sentence today on this young Lady defines the tilte of this thread.

That’s terrible. Stupid cow even tried to blame it on her mother saying she grabbed the wheel.

Rob K:

I was surprised at the length of the link, thought there was so much info there it must lead back to something, but alas, I was wrong, always a first time eh :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll save the pics and do it that way, watch this space…

Part two…

ATT00002.jpeg

ATT00003.jpeg

ATT00005.jpeg

Steve-o:

roughyed:

That’s terrible. Stupid cow even tried to blame it on her mother saying she grabbed the wheel.

I think it says more about her mother than her. And makes you wonder why the general driving standards are so poor. At least she was banned for 3 years as well, lets hope they don’t allow her to instruct after it.

@ Mark last pic, holy [zb]. :astonished: :blush: < puking face.