dont text and drive

Very moving ! They made it illegal to make a call on the mobile without hands free, now you see dozens of these morons on a daily basis texting with the phone in their lap, taking your eyes of the road to text at motorway speeds is lethal but not an uncommon sight !

Bloody hell that brought a tear to my eye :frowning:

Cant imagine a wagon hitting a car like that, but im sure its only a matter of time.

This accident was on BBC 1’s motorway cops, a driver was texting on his cab phone and plowed into stationary traffic at 56mph, the girl had no chance, it was only a 7.5tonner as well :open_mouth: :frowning:

bubsy06:
This accident was on BBC 1’s motorway cops, a driver was texting on his cab phone and plowed into stationary traffic at 56mph, the girl had no chance, it was only a 7.5tonner as well :open_mouth: :frowning:

I remember seeing that, you could see her hand, awful.

jessicas dad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9krX9fHAfHM&feature=related

I’m sorry for going against the grain, but LOL :laughing: :laughing: . How staged and scare-mongering was that?! :unamused: Come on, we ain’t stupid and we all know the dangers of texting/phoning whilst driving. We don’t need some poorly done video ramming down our throats. Hysteria at its best. :unamused:

And yes I used to text whilst driving :open_mouth: . “Used to” up until the day I was texting whilst driving along a single track road in my car, wasn’t watching where I was going and the nearside wheels dropped off the edge of the tarmac onto the muddy verge that sloped down into the ditch :open_mouth: . That was enough of a pant filling moment for me to never text again whilst driving! :laughing:

yes i agree, dont phone or text.

and yes its a made up bollywood blockbuster lol

It’s Deffo that time of year … The sun is out, car drivers have the window down , they’re either on the phone or texting, if you see give em a blast of the horn, it usually prompts em to stop, if it scares the crap out of em so be it, and bonus points are awarded if the phone goes out the open window.
The worse culprits however are drivers in slow moving stop/go motorway traffic

peirre:
It’s Deffo that time of year … The sun is out, car drivers have the window down , they’re either on the phone or texting, if you see give em a blast of the horn, it usually prompts em to stop, if it scares the crap out of em so be it, and bonus points are awarded if the phone goes out the open window.
The worse culprits however are drivers in slow moving stop/go motorway traffic

Definitely, got caught in a queue on the m6 last week, the traffic had slowed for some incident but the jerk at the front was still doing 10mph whilst texting,the traffic in front had long left him, passing him on his offside a blast on the horn and wearing my hi viz coat on the motorbike had him throwing the phone into the passenger footwell !

bubsy06:

She was from Aldershot, I knew of her. Very sad, she was only 23 aswell.

I feel sorry for James, that Jules is a bit of a minger :wink:

It’s a puppet!!!

FarnboroughBoy11:

bubsy06:

Is that the accident that happened near Basingstoke a few years ago? I watched that episode and was disgusted at the drivers attitude during the investigation and interviews! I never noticed her hand sticking out though…I can’t imagine half the sights coppers, firefighters and paramedics have to see when attending such scenes.

People do stupid things while driving, phoning is bad enough even hands free because you’re not concentrating fully on your driving, but texting is crazy!
Yes, it was a “staged” accident, but I’ve been to many like that which were for real, and the vast majority were caused by someone being stupid, many, like this one, ended with the culprit walking away or at least surviving and the inocent being carried away in a body bag. Like the idiot who killed his girlfriend when he treid to save petrol by switching the ignition off when going down hill, he forgot that the steering would lock, and ran head on into a tipper comeing up the hill.

Adam_Mc:

FarnboroughBoy11:

bubsy06:

Is that the accident that happened near Basingstoke a few years ago? I watched that episode and was disgusted at the drivers attitude during the investigation and interviews! I never noticed her hand sticking out though…I can’t imagine half the sights coppers, firefighters and paramedics have to see when attending such scenes.

Yeah it was Adam, she was just starting her new job that day in Basingstoke. And yeah that overweight waster of 7.5 driver didnt seem to faze him at all.

truckerjon:
People do stupid things while driving,

I passed a truck driver on the M1 with his stearing wheel upright and his laptop sat on it :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

What got to me was the baby’s face. I have seen a crash like this and it is not nice, trust me.

The video above was made by some kids from a school in Tredegar, Wales a couple of years ago.

This is the kind of useful stuff they should be teaching on the DCPC, how to text safely while driving, instead of the BS they do. Would cut down on the number of accidents.

Coffeeholic:
This is the kind of useful stuff they should be teaching on the DCPC, how to text safely while driving, instead of the BS they do. Would cut down on the number of accidents.

vlingo.com/
There saved you 7 hours sitting in a classroom