Don't know what to do :|

Hello truckers,

I Recieved a letter from Eddie stobarts few weeks back saying I’d been short listed and will be called up to arrange interview/assesment when a job arises,

I looked online and they took the two vacancies in the Widnes depot off the website which was (ports and tesco work) so as its been a month since I applied I eagerly phoned up to get any info.

The fella said that nothing’s available but when there is ill be called, basically I’m stuck as I’ve been offered a job at b&m in liverpool and also fagan+Whalley

Knowing my luck if I go for them jobs stobarts will ring me up,
I’m anxiously waiting everyday for a phone call and want to get out on the road I’m stuck in the restaurant as a chef where I hate working as the company is a joke I’m dying to hand in my notice!

if you’ve been offered two other jobs, why are you holding out for stobart? you’re in a great position with two offers, so take one and make the best of it!

Why are you doing a job you say you hate when you’ve been offered two driving jobs :confused:

If you want to work for Stobarts you will be able to hand in your notice in the usual way if you’re already working for one of the other companies, but who knows you may decide that you want to stay at one of them.

Just take the jobs you’ve been offered, and if Stobart does offer you a position and you still want it, hand your notice in and take it.

fagan and whalley more haulage experience !! b&m just mainly 2 shops to drop return to speke or trailer swap to blackpool but don’t hold out see what you like first stobarts isn’t all glam jobs with only minutes to spare? so get in the chair and we’ll see you there!!!

Thanks for the advice,

Oh [zb] I did forget to mention I havnt been able to get a CPC test yet but stobarts said they’d put me through it whereas if I go for b&m or fagan+Whalley I need to get CPC done ASAP!!!

don’t really worry about cpc complete got to get by next year! so they can’t really demand it? so get some money behind you soon! if you do private it’ll cost 500 ish oh and b&m will take you without i’m sure !!

It could be another month or two before Stobarts ring (if at all)

If you go work for B&M for that amount of time you wouldn’t believe how much you’ll learn. and how much better you’ll get at reversing etc… It would put you in a far better position if you get an assessment for Stobarts.

great93:
Oh [zb] I did forget to mention I havnt been able to get a CPC test yet but stobarts said they’d put me through it whereas if I go for b&m or fagan+Whalley I need to get CPC done ASAP!!!

Are you referring to modules 2 and 4 (Initial DCPC) ?

If that is what you’re referring to I would think you’d stand a better chance of a job anywhere once it’s passed and that includes Stobarts.

Yeah I’m only 18 passed class 1 last month so need to do CPC ASAP really,
I’ve passed module 2 but as I live in Liverpool the closest lgv test centre is atherton or Wrexham and their fully booked for CPC till late November !!!

I spoke too soon :slight_smile:
Just rang DSA to see when the next test is, and as it happens there’s one for tomorrow @2.30 :slight_smile: how lucky am I.

I’ve spoken to my instructor and he can move people round to fit me in for training and the test woohooooo also if I pass CPC tomorrow he’s got a number of a company who need class 1 drivers ASAP so I could get experience from them whilst I wait for stobart to ring me up :wink:

Happy days

You need a smack in the face to put it politely.

Many people in the same situation as you is screaming out for a job, why hold out for Stobart’s (for all that they are :unamused: ) when you have two perfectly good offers there. Fagan & Walley don’t offer jobs willy nilly.

Sam Millar:
You need a smack in the face to put it politely.

Many people in the same situation as you is screaming out for a job, why hold out for Stobart’s (for all that they are :unamused: ) when you have two perfectly good offers there. Fagan & Walley don’t offer jobs willy nilly.

Fair point Sam,
Well luckily got a CPC test tomorrow so assuming ill pass ill get straight on the blower to fagan+Whalley I think the closest to me is the St. Helens depot by liverpool :slight_smile:

All i need is my Mod 4 which i have in 2 weeks. Your lucky to be able to get yours the next day!

mickyblue:
All i need is my Mod 4 which i have in 2 weeks. Your lucky to be able to get yours the next day!

I know we’ll I passed c+e last month but only rang today to book CPC I’ve been looking online and closest was late November so I didn’t bother booking it,

Guess it was fate to call today to find out they have one for tomorrow :slight_smile:

Good luck with yours mate

Bloody hell matey, a bird in the hand etc.

Someone decent like F & W offers you a job you don’t sod about waiting for the tin god of transport to come up with the goods, you ■■■■■■ F & W’s arm off.

Juddian:

Someone decent like F & W offers you a job you don’t sod about waiting for the tin god of transport to come up with the goods, you ■■■■■■ F & W’s arm off.

Nuff said haha :wink: I thought me being 18 I’d struggle a lot more than the average aged newbie.

Your doing extremely well for yourself!! Fair flipping play to you!!!

Just out of interest, before you done your C lessons, have you ever driven a lorry before? :slight_smile:

great93:

Juddian:

Nuff said haha :wink: I thought me being 18 I’d struggle a lot more than the average aged newbie.

I know you probably like stobarts at the moment but once your in the driving game you mite change your view on them completely. I cant work for such a company, that uniform for a start and also the minute you cut someone up i bet their straight on the phone.

legin66:
don’t really worry about cpc complete got to get by next year! so they can’t really demand it? so get some money behind you soon! if you do private it’ll cost 500 ish oh and b&m will take you without i’m sure !!

I think new drivers have to have a DCPC ASAP ,IMHO :smiley:
I think it’s from 2009 pass date but not 100% :smiley: