Don't know what to do :|

Great93 I think you should hold out for the green army, follow your dream and let the guys who want to drive have the jobs you got offered. Your a bloody Prat imho

nearly there:
Great93 I think you should hold out for the green army, follow your dream and let the guys who want to drive have the jobs you got offered. Your a bloody Prat imho

Haha ill see how today’s CPC test goes and decide, I just really hate my Job as a chef at the min 6 years too long of stress etc.

Also what does IMHO mean haha typical newbie?

great93:

nearly there:

Haha ill see how today’s CPC test goes and decide, I just really hate my Job as a chef at the min 6 years too long of stress etc.

Also what does IMHO mean haha typical newbie?

in my honest/humble opinion.

seriously, you don’t know how lucky you are. It’s no good haha and hoohooing, companies don’t like to me mucked about and will just retract their offer as quick as they gave it to you, where they found you, there’s hundreds more waiting in your place.

Cheers Sam there’s been a few posts on here that hand stated IMHO and I didn’t understand it.

I know we’ll hoping ill pass CPC today ill get straight on the phone to see if them jobs are still available as I got offered them 2 weeks ago providing I pass CPC so they could be gone but fingers crossed.

great93:
Cheers Sam there’s been a few posts on here that hand stated IMHO and I didn’t understand it.

I know we’ll hoping ill pass CPC today ill get straight on the phone to see if them jobs are still available as I got offered them 2 weeks ago providing I pass CPC so they could be gone but fingers crossed.

How did the CPC test go today?

Once you have that done, take a long hard look at why you started the journey of learning to drive LGVs.

If I was in your position and had 2 offers on the table, I certainly would not have been waiting for ES to contact me.

great93:

do you mean you’ve been a chef for 6 years, or you have 6 years to train to become one? If you’ve been a chef for 6 years, but you’re only 18, how does that work?

I don’t think that driving will be any less stressful or less hours to be honest!

kevchalluk:

great93:

do you mean you’ve been a chef for 6 years, or you have 6 years to train to become one? If you’ve been a chef for 6 years, but you’re only 18, how does that work?

I don’t think that driving will be any less stressful or less hours to be honest!

I’ve been working since I was 12 so yes 6 years as a chef, 84 hour weeks sometimes and with the drivers hours in place I won’t being doing 80+ hours a week in a lorry etc

I had CPC just now got 80% so I failed :frowning: questions were fine but I had trouble with the ratchet strapping nerves got the better of me !

are you a fully trained chef now? surely you weren’t working 80+ hours between the ages of 12 and 16?

bad luck with the CPC test

kevchalluk:
are you a fully trained chef now? surely you weren’t working 80+ hours between the ages of 12 and 16?

bad luck with the CPC test

Yeah I trained to be a chef during school as I passed gcse really early also worked part time in different restaurant till I finished school at 16 been working 80 odd hours since,

Really gutted I failed CPC just 5% more I’d have got it

is that module 4 you failed?

kevchalluk:
is that module 4 you failed?

Yeah got all questions right but struggled ratchet strapping on the trolly, I then done it first time on the back of my instructors lorry with a stack of pallets so it was nerves

Sniff sniff what’s that smell, aahh that’s it verbal ■■■

DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO■■?

First off unlucky with your cpc

And second, your 18 newly passed with 0 experience and 2 job offers!! and you feel stuck■■?

Try putting yourself in other new drivers shoes (me being one of them) 29 yo 8 years class 2 and new passed class 1 and i cant get a sniff at getting a start on artics, and along comes you sitting on 2 job offers closing opportunities for us new passes who would grab any offer to gain experience

For the record the big green people have also sent me the same kind of letter and we will be intouch blah blah blah. If you really want to put all your eggs in one basket and wait for stobarts have the decency to let the other companies know so at least such jobs will be re-opened for us genuinly interested :confused: :confused: :confused:

usersteve:
DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO■■?

First off unlucky with your cpc

And second, your 18 newly passed with 0 experience and 2 job offers!! and you feel stuck■■?

Try putting yourself in other new drivers shoes (me being one of them) 29 yo 8 years class 2 and new passed class 1 and i cant get a sniff at getting a start on artics, and along comes you sitting on 2 job offers closing opportunities for us new passes who would grab any offer to gain experience

For the record the big green people have also sent me the same kind of letter and we will be intouch blah blah blah. If you really want to put all your eggs in one basket and wait for stobarts have the decency to let the other companies know so at least such jobs will be re-opened for us genuinly interested :confused: :confused: :confused:

Of course I’m interested what people don’t understand is stobarts would put me through CPC which would save me £235 but as I haven’t heard from them I decided to fork out the last of my hard earner cash to do it today so can go work for the companies that have offered me work,

Obviously I failed today so I’m the same boat disappointed stuck in my job till I can get a resit and money to do it again

Don’t mean to nit pick, but, you’ve been working for 6 years as a part time chef since you were 12, doing 84 hours a week some weeks, now you’ve got all your LGV category’s on your license, your applying for jobs when you can’t legally drive (DCPC is a LEGAL requirement for new drivers), have been offered 2 brilliant jobs when you can’t legally drive (did you lie on the application forms? That’s fraud surely), you’ve had enough of all the stress of working all your life as a chef (your only 18).

I’m not one to have a go and I don’t want to come across as a nob, but summats not adding up here…

I’m not ar$ed either way, each to their own tbh.

Best of luck in the driving.

Scania 143 V8:
Your doing extremely well for yourself!! Fair flipping play to you!!!

Just out of interest, before you done your C lessons, have you ever driven a lorry before? :slight_smile:

Cheers mate appreciate it, we’ll as my dads drove lorries for 12 years I grew up around them and maybe had 1 or 2 goes of his artic in the yard :slight_smile:

Sam Millar:
You need a smack in the face to put it politely.
when you have two perfectly good offers there. Fagan & Walley don’t offer jobs willy nilly.

Well Said !!

And there a bloody great company to work for as well, I know i work for them and i wouldn;t have a bad word said about them, I do know i’ve worked for a couple of companies and coach companies, THIS IS THE BEST COMPANY I HAVE WORKED FOR !!

Madguy :imp: