Doing my Class 2

Hi, I’m 20 and doing my Theory next monday and hopefully going to pass. I haven’t done much revision as of yet, but putting my head down and doing 1-2 hours of it till the due date.

Just wondering if I’ve left the revision abit to late? I’m using a paid app on my phone which covers around 1000 questions, currently on 85% pass on the mock test which was my first time with only about 3 hrs of revision. Also does anyone know of any legit companies in the Buckingham area which could do my practical, as my brother got scammed £900 afew years ago. I hope to be a skip driver for now as I got a little one who is not even a year old.

RyanPP:
Hi, I’m 20 and doing my Theory next monday and hopefully going to pass. I haven’t done much revision as of yet, but putting my head down and doing 1-2 hours of it till the due date.

Just wondering if I’ve left the revision abit to late? I’m using a paid app on my phone which covers around 1000 questions, currently on 85% pass on the mock test which was my first time with only about 3 hrs of revision. Also does anyone know of any legit companies in the Buckingham area which could do my practical, as my brother got scammed £900 afew years ago. I hope to be a skip driver for now as I got a little one who is not even a year old.

I believe Scania have a training facility in Milton Keynes. Good luck with test.

Fail to plan plan to fail. Go through that app constant. It’s near on impossible to remember all them questions but you mind will jog if they come up. The hazard perception is nothing like it used to be either. I did mine in January and it’s more like a toy story video, really slow motion not real time. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Are you doing all 3 tests at the theory test centre on the same day as others have done ?

Modules 1a 1b + 2

Study study study !

I didn’t put in for my theory till I hit 90% and passed with 98 correct [emoji106]
It’s easy enough if you put the study time in .

ROG:
Are you doing all 3 tests at the theory test centre on the same day as others have done ?

Modules 1a 1b + 2

I’m doing my hazard perception on the same day aswell

What about the mod 2 cpc ?

I think the theory questions are the least of your worries pal! :smiley:

You should be asking yourself what you’re going to be retraining as in 10-15 years, when the job has probably become highly automated? :open_mouth:

Say I’m trying to put you off driving if you like, but at 21 with your whole career in front of you, shouldn’t you be looking at something that’s a bit more future proof?

Evil8Beezle:

You should be asking yourself what you’re going to be retraining as in 10-15 years, when the job has probably become highly automated? :open_mouth:

Say I’m trying to put you off driving if you like, but at 21 with your whole career in front of you, shouldn’t you be looking at something that’s a bit more future proof?

Because I’ve got a family at this age, haven’t got time to go to college as of yet. My hgv is a backup plan incase I’m ever out of work which I am now! As long as I’m earning a steady income I’ll be okay. I was doing Wall cladding but not enough work…

Also I think it will take longer then 10-15 years, motorways sure they can ace it maybe but rural streets, etc? Not for along time

Lloydie:
What about the mod 2 cpc ?

My mod 2 cpc will be about a week later

ROG:

Modules 1a 1b + 2

There are more tests now, on your theory?

What are these, when I did mine it was just multi question theory and hazard perception.

JLD in Banbury. I did my C then C+E with them beginning of the year, passed both 1st time. Decent outfit, good instructors and good kit. Half hour or so from Buckingham. jldlgv.co.uk/home-page/

tommymanc:

ROG:

Modules 1a 1b + 2

There are more tests now, on your theory?

What are these, when I did mine it was just multi question theory and hazard perception.

Part of your CPC

RyanPP:

Evil8Beezle:

Because I’ve got a family at this age, haven’t got time to go to college as of yet. My hgv is a backup plan incase I’m ever out of work which I am now! As long as I’m earning a steady income I’ll be okay. I was doing Wall cladding but not enough work…

Also I think it will take longer then 10-15 years, motorways sure they can ace it maybe but rural streets, etc? Not for along time

Fair enough pal, only trying to give you some food for thought…

Yes there will be some trucking work still about, but surely you can’t deny that to some proportion it will be automated?
My crystal ball is a bit hazy but I foresee less driver demand, which is never good in regard to wages…

Evil8Beezle:

RyanPP:

Evil8Beezle:

Fair enough pal, only trying to give you some food for thought…

Yes there will be some trucking work still about, but surely you can’t deny that to some proportion it will be automated?
My crystal ball is a bit hazy but I foresee less driver demand, which is never good in regard to wages…

Yeah but I don’t reckon within that time frame haha, maybe another 30 years give or take. I don’t see how they could do busy towns etc without error but time will see.

From what I heard there was a driver shortage in the UK or will be in near future so companies are taking in the younger generation now?

RyanPP:
From what I heard there was a driver shortage in the UK or will be in near future so companies are taking in the younger generation now?

It would feel bad to laugh! :open_mouth:

Sorry mate but you’re falling for the hype then! :neutral_face:
The industry wants you to think that, as a plentiful supply of steering wheel attendants keeps wages/overheads low. :wink:

If you think that there is a shortage and don’t know upfront about the sacrifices of the job, I suggest you hold off paying for your training and read these forums for a while mate! :smiley:

Long days, unsociable hours, poor T&C’s, the list goes on…

Here’s a taster: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146687

Evil8Beezle:

RyanPP:

The industry wants you to think that, as a plentiful supply of steering wheel attendants keeps wages/overheads low. :wink:

If you think that there is a shortage and don’t know upfront about the sacrifices of the job, I suggest you hold off paying for your training and read these forums for a while mate! :smiley:

Must depend on who you go to? My cousin drives and is on around £780 take home a week and all local driving and home by 6 everyday. I’m doing skip driving which is £110-130 a day 7:30- 5

RyanPP:

Evil8Beezle:

RyanPP:

Must depend on who you go to? My cousin drives and is on around £780 take home a week and all local driving and home by 6 everyday. I’m doing skip driving which is £110-130 a day 7:30- 5

Best of luck then…

Evil8Beezle:

RyanPP:

Evil8Beezle:

RyanPP:

Best of luck then…

Going to need it Beez! I too wish you the very best of luck with that pal!! [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UselessForce:
Going to need it Beez! I too wish you the very best of luck with that pal!! [emoji57]

No it will be fine mate, he’s got a cousin grossing 50k a year, and home by 6pm every night! :laughing:

Are you also thinking this? :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t take it personally OP, but at 21 do you possibly think your young peer group maybe like to big things up to prove themselves?
Giving it Billy big ■■■■■■■■ to impress others? :laughing:

Your cousin has either the best truck driving job on the planet, or isn’t giving the full picture…
Assuming you’ve actually seen his pay slips? :wink: