Dogs

Any of you guys nd gals ever take your four legged friends with you when your out on the road?
My mates dad used to do it but his dog is to old now,he said it used to gaurd the cab for him and wouldn’t let anybody else in! :smiley:

I’ve known a few engineers take their dogs in vans in the fork truck industry in the late eighties, I asked about taking one of ours in the trucks but we move food so was told no! Guess I’ll have to get a job transporting fork lifts to take one or both of em. Saw a jack russell in a truck yesterday, paws on the dash looking through the window with his tongue out, looked like he was loving it! :laughing:

i know of a 2 legged dog that trys to get in your cab.diesel sue aka monica from portarlington

Yeah, sometimes I bring my Jack Russell with me. The occasions are much rarer now though - mainly because of Elf n’ Safety, even though he is tethered and the door locked, we’re still not supposed to even take them in the quarry. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :imp: :imp:

If I’m on a short Saturday and I know I’m going to a site where they aren’t A-Holes I will take him for a spin though. :smiley:

got a ten stone rotti and loves going out on heavy haulage would get in diggers with me if id let him stands on neck and watches.

used to take him with me till the bugger ate the cab phone when bored at a long drop, and the boss banned him, he’s passed on now but his replacement would love it,but being a border collie,first sight of sheep and ill be off :smiley: .

BIG MAC:
…first sight of sheep and ill be off :smiley: .

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Somebody is bound to take this the wrong way :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Somebody else will probably post a witty comment… :wink:
One of the best typos I’ve seen for a while… :wink: It wasn’t me mate… :wink:

Used to take our cat, Lucy with us on short trips.
Sorry forget how to put photo’s on here.

Used to take my stafy with me until the smell got to bad, but since I’ve started using Sure for Men maybe he will want to come with me again!!

dieseldave:

BIG MAC:
…first sight of sheep and ill be off :smiley: .

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Somebody is bound to take this the wrong way :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Somebody else will probably post a witty comment… :wink:
One of the best typos I’ve seen for a while… :wink: It wasn’t me mate… :wink:

My lips are sealed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I used to take mine when I was on nights out, but then she got a job working nights and couldnt come any more. So I got myself a Springer Spaniel that enjoyed my company and could put up with my singing. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

I had a truck once where a previous driver had taken his dog with him in the cab.
It was a black dog, but thats all I know about it.

The reason I know this much, is because of all the dog hair in all the little corners. It took me ages to get it all cleaned out.

I’ve seen livestock trucks where the driver carries a dog - they usually stink like a dog kennel and are covered in hair and mud :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

No dogs allowed in my cab :exclamation: took one in the back with the sheep once (separate pen!)

hammer:
Yeah, sometimes I bring my Jack Russell with me. The occasions are much rarer now though - mainly because of Elf n’ Safety, even though he is tethered and the door locked, we’re still not supposed to even take them in the quarry. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :imp: :imp:

If I’m on a short Saturday and I know I’m going to a site where they aren’t A-Holes I will take him for a spin though. :smiley:

One of the attractions of trucking for me,was being able to take the dog with me.
Can’t see how there could be many objections if you cover the passenger seat with a waterproof seat cover and use a dog harness that attaches to seatbelt.
Do companies have a no pets in cabs policy?

ok ,my mistake.

he will be gone like a flash,he’s 3 next week,as yet dont need a lead hence ,he dont hang around when going full pelt over a field.

Id have love to have teken my dear departed billy out in the truck, he was a good lad never done much but lay in his bed.
& well could you imagin the faces of other truckers when they see a snoozing guinea pig on the dash of a passing truck. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I was parked in Luxembourg last week on a break when a girl pulled up alongside in an FH with a container behind. She jumped out closely followed by a couple of beautiful staffie pups which she tried to catch :stuck_out_tongue:

She took them off for a walk and I was still there when she came back and she spoke to me. When she realised I was English she went off on a rant about our customs refusing her boys entry into the UK.

If and when I give up international, I would love to have my dawg along for the ride.

gsm31:

hammer:

One of the attractions of trucking for me,was being able to take the dog with me.
Can’t see how there could be many objections if you cover the passenger seat with a waterproof seat cover and use a dog harness that attaches to seatbelt.
Do companies have a no pets in cabs policy?

Unfortunately, Tarmac do have a ‘no animals’ policy. Also, some sites aren’t much better. A friend of mine delivered to a power station with his little boy in the cab (7/8 ish) and the jobsworth moron on the gate refused him entry. Luckily, there were plenty of us on the job and one of the lads who was coming out having tipped took the little un’ back to the quarry so my mate could go in and tip. :imp: :unamused: :imp:

Some people are such tossers it’s unreal, the guy on the gate wouldn’t even turn a blind eye if the kid hid on the bunk. :unamused: :imp:

Ive seen a few retail D/C’s with a no children policy, a few years ago I saw same thing @ a tesco d/c in milton keynes eventually the driver relented & the poor lad sat outside while dad tipped.

We havea driver who always has his wife with him. It was part of the agreement when he started. They do 3 weeks away and then have a week at home.

He took an urgent load to France last week and was refused entry unless his wife sat in the smoking shelter outside the factory. He refused and brought the load back to Belgium. I had to deliver it the next day and the factory were very grateful, they never even sampled it.

He said the gateman was treating his wife worse than a dog :stuck_out_tongue:

We have the occasional problem like that but most of the companies understand and allow passengers