Does your company pay for parking?

Paying for parking is a bit of a liberty, but it’s a fact of life, so does your company pay up, or are you forced to park in laybys and Industrial Estates because they don’t?

Mine won’t, unless I have a high value load or I’m really stuck for somewhere to park

unless its unavoidibly mine would prefere not to have to pay for parking, but to be honest i don’t care about parking in a noisy and smelly service area,and getting ripped off!! sooner park in local town and get better value food there and have a walk around in the evening. the service area’s are no safer now you can still get your curtains slashed in them. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Same as the above, I normally park in a quiet industrial estate a few minutes walk away from town whenever possible, it’s nothing to do with the parking costs, I just prefer that, have virtually zero problems with curtain slashing etc and don’t get woken up by trucks coming and going all night

Same as wild and Harry. I don’t understand why people want to park in services. Lorries coming and going all night, massively over prices and ■■■■ quality food, the constant stench of ■■■■.

Why■■? An industrial estate is much nicer to park in IMO

as above i haven’t parked on a service area over night for about 3 years. i got a load of places i park on my routes that are safe to park were i know there is cctv overnight. where most of the scallies don’t frequent.

but if the need arises i will pay to park on service areas and it gets refunded at the end of the month no problems no questions asked

jonboy

They used to pay for parking then take off the price of any meal voucher before giving you the money back but now we use snap parking and most places you don’t get a meal or a shower in the price

Dairy crest pay parking and hotel minimum 11hrs off plus £25night out allowance if caught out on a night out

Same as Harry and the others, I can’t stand lorry parks (except a couple of notable exceptions).

I’d rather get a shower during the day and park up somewhere quiet at night. Can’t remember the last time I was on the limit of my hours so much I had to park in a layby.

Then again, I can tell the time and read a map…

W

I havn’t asked…

I will never understand drivers fascination with parking in services. I wouldn’t park in them voluntarily even if I was paid extra to do it. In a years worth of tramping I have only ever parked in a service station twice and both times it was ■■■■. Each to their own I guess!

We get paid for our parking expenses so I wouldn’t park in a layby simply because when you pay for parking you’re getting a free meal with the parking voucher, but I don’t do many nights out though.

I like nothing more than a dirty arse narrow layby :smiling_imp:

Yeah they pay but tend to only need to pay if it’s a high value load. Only gripe I have I expenses are paid once a month and when you work it out over the four weeks it can be quite an outlay - 4/5 nights out x 4 mounts up.

Not that i do nights out anymore, but our company pay parking, dont gripe about the included meal/breakfast, and pay £20 as well for the privelage. Drivers pay it out, and get the money back the following week.

Fella I’m working for pays it as long as you put the hours in, a few drivers here Come into Dover and then park up at gravesend after doing 10 or 11 hours and moan about not getting parking paid, but the gaffer has to me run your time out and get as far as you can and il pay it.

Seems fair enough, although I only paid once in 4 months and that due to location and load.

we pay :laughing:

Firm I work for pays me £32.50 a night out but I have to meet the cost of any parking fees.
80% of the time park up in customers premises/haulage yards so free parking.
Will begrudgingly pay up to a tenner (eg Tebay, Carnforth & Lockerbie) at decent truckstops buy MSA’s are a definite non starter.

My employer doesn’t pay parking so I tend to go for industrial estates, as other posters have said they are often covered by CCTV and you dont run the risk of some idiot revving up at half 2 or the night driver who can’t switch off their reversing bleeper when pulling in for their 45. Besides have you seen the state of the showers at Strensham South, Swan Valley North etc lately?

After 9 months of tramping it’s been a learning curve but www.hgvparking.com is normally quite good.

Occasionally I treat myself to a truckstop for a good shower, meal and beer if I have a really messy day (I’m on site a lot so mud is part of the job). I won’t spend much more than a tenner though so it’s places like Jacks Hill (yes some may hate it but the service is superb and it’s quiet) or PJ’s (same as Jacks).

they will pay, but don’t like it. only meant to use msa or truckstop if we’re loaded i’m given a £100 cash float for parking / tolls, but it only gets replaced at the end of the month.

Was talking to a driver at an RDC a couple if weeks ago and they apparently have to open a second bank account into which the company pay a £500 float. This they can use for anything expenses wise I.e bulbs, parking , clamp removal (joke).

They also just take their night out money from this float and as long as the receipts tally it just gets levelled back upto £500 weekly.

Great idea I thought.