Does your company pay for parking?

I’m beginning to think that I’m being unreasonable when asking a prospective employer if they pay for parking. I’m not saying I would park in a services or lorry park every night, but isn’t it reasonable to expect to have that option?

So does your employer pay wherever you choose to park, or maybe they insist that you park in a ‘secure’ :unamused: place? Or is it lay-byes/industrial estates whether you like it or not?

I always give them the option. i’m not fussed where I park, you won’t find me jumping out to confront someone trying to nick out of my trailer and my boss knows that. Every night before I park up I ring in with details of what i’ve got on board and ask them what they would prefer me to do. If they go for secure parking I make sure they know that they will be paying for it.

Its easier than arguing after the event, because my firm won’t pay unless you’ve agreed it beforehand. It doesn’t bother me either way, as there’s not really any such thing as “secure parking” anyway, I think it was Wheelnut that made that observation in another thread and I think he’s right.

My old boss would pay for parking if required ( or for me he would ) at times I had to pay then claim back from either petty cash when I got back or in my pay the following week

Same as the toll roads ( except the M6 ) but all bridges tunnels etc np

Dont think it is unreasonable at all to ask the question then at least you know

another way of looking at it
Is there truck and contents worth more than £20
if yes they should pay parking

in 25 years ive never had a boss that doesnt pay. some didnt like it, but they allways did if i handed a receipt in. id rather be in a truckstop or msa, less chance of getting trailer cut in my opinion, if theres 100 trucks, my chance of getting cut is 100/1. in a layby on my own, 100%.

Our company will pay for parking and any tolls,

We just staple the receipt (if available) onto our time/expenses sheet and it gets reimbursed in cash with the following weeks wageslip. If your a bit short of the folding stuff, it just takes a quick call to the wages girl and an envelope is left for you the same day.

They dont insist we park in certain places its just left to our judgement. I mostly drive bulkers so youd need a bloody good stanley knive to get through the side of the trailer !!

We dont carry anything excessively valuable though usual just breakfast cereal!

The only place I’ve had curtains slashed has been on MSAs :unamused:

I paid 7 euro for parking at an Autohof nr Frankfurt. OK I got my meal free. But when I claimed it back, I never got it. 7 poxy euro!!! :confused:

I paid £21 to park at Hartshead Moor last night and will get it back next week - he always pays with no questions asked preferrimg his drivers to be able to get a shower and toilet facilities wherever possible

We have a chap at our place who has spent over £1500 in gadjetry for his truck (still yet to buy the curtains).

This same driver will not cough up £10 to park at The Saltbox for a good nights sleep. Even though he can claim it back as long as he lets our Manager know in advance.

Answers to that one on a postcard please…

W

we get our parking paid for as many nights a week as you like. the choice is yours were you park.
the only firm i have worked for that didn’t pay parking was a Dutch outfit .if anything go nicked that was his problem not mine

i do tankers and they pay for us to park or we just park in one of our yards

My firm pays for anything - good as gold. Had curtains cut at Markam Moor and at Corley Services North. Ended up at Corley cos security at last drop in Leicester were worried I might have heart attack and die overnight and they would have to explain why I was there, ffs :frowning:

Pics at Corley shows curtains open both sides, but still cut through cardboard on a 6x3 metal cupboard -take it ffs, take it!
Other pic is Eastern friend just finished SEWING up his curtain. He had bottled german beer on - they took nothing :exclamation: What do these people want :question: Good graphics on his cutains too.

My firm pays, but I dont like parking in Truckstops or MSA as they are far too noisy…so I like to park in nice quite places like the 2 places near Dunmow… where I am now funnily enough, I did stop at Birchanger for a S.S. and Shave…

My lot have never asked questions about parking, they always pay no probs. Although you are nt always secure at truckstops as i found out at Lincoln Farm a few weeks ago. Apparantly there was 15 of us broken into although nothing was taken and no damage done,they just opened my back doors. Chap next to me had his curtains slashed though.

our place pay for parking loaded or empty… :smiley: i always pay to park every night… get a decent nights rest then, not sleeping with one eye open

Dave55:
My firm pays for anything - good as gold. Had curtains cut at Markam Moor and at Corley Services North. Ended up at Corley cos security at last drop in Leicester were worried I might have heart attack and die overnight and they would have to explain why I was there, ffs :frowning:

Pics at Corley shows curtains open both sides, but still cut through cardboard on a 6x3 metal cupboard -take it ffs, take it!
Other pic is Eastern friend just finished SEWING up his curtain. He had bottled german beer on - they took nothing :exclamation: What do these people want :question: Good graphics on his cutains too.

Small technology/electrical goods, valuable metal components, clothing, toys, cigarettes, spirits, your diesel, pharmaceuticals, valuable foodstuffs, etc basically stuff that is fairly valuable and fairly easy to move both at the time and in the future.

Obviously they’ll ■■■■■ curtains in a line/number of trucks in a single occasion hoping to get lucky with one, as probably 97% of the loads they won’t be interested in/not worth the hassle of unloading.

kindle530:
in 25 years ive never had a boss that doesnt pay. some didnt like it, but they allways did if i handed a receipt in. id rather be in a truckstop or msa, less chance of getting trailer cut in my opinion, if theres 100 trucks, my chance of getting cut is 100/1. in a layby on my own, 100%.

Errmm, not sure about your statistics there! There isn’t a 100% chance if getting your curtains cut in a Layby. Nor is it likely curtain cutters will come to a services with 100 trucks and only cut one.

switchlogic:

kindle530:

Errmm, not sure about your statistics there! There isn’t a 100% chance if getting your curtains cut in a Layby. Nor is it likely curtain cutters will come to a services with 100 trucks and only cut one.

Pedantic my dear!

But true. :unamused:

truckerspal:

switchlogic:

kindle530:

Pedantic my dear!

Not really. Pointing out that it’s not 100% certain you’ll get your curtains slashed in a Layby is not really pedantic. You could drive a truck through those stats