Does your company pay for parking?

Luke…I’m surprised he never threw in some kind of knob joke. Seems all he is able to do! :unamused:

bigvern1:
Luke…I’m surprised he never threw in some kind of knob joke. Seems all he is able to do! :unamused:

Maybe he’s misunderstood the word pedantic and thought it was.

If it begins PE… It’s enough for him methinks! :smiley: Were you parked M20 last evening, at the services before Dover?

bigvern1:
If it begins PE… It’s enough for him methinks! :smiley: Were you parked M20 last evening, at the services before Dover?

Or it seems on another topic if it starts ba he thinks it says Barrymore. I suppose it’s easy to mistake barrister for Barrymore, they are so similar.

Not me I’m afraid I was on a floating truckstop crossing the Irish sea

Right so…The eyesight is going too! I saw one of your wagons in there from the motorway. Couldn’t make out the windscreen.

Mines easy to spot, it’s one of only two all White ones.

I know…I parked beside you over here and over the water. Just can’t see from afar. Don’t need specs to drive though. :blush:

i pay for parking and have to claim it back at the end of the month.so two nights out a week adds up to at least £160 per month. so i park up on industrial estates and customers premises more often then not.its like a tax free loan for the company.

jonboy

Back on containers, so need a good knife to ■■■■■ those open, but they still insist on ‘secure parking’ when loaded. And willing to pay when empty to protect their diesel etc but don’t insist on it.

They have accounts with some parking areas, others I’d have to pay and claim back (2 weeks later), but I’m happy enough with that, means I get a shower before going bed.

Don’t do that many nights out anymore though.

waynedl:
Back on containers, so need a good knife to ■■■■■ those open, but they still insist on ‘secure parking’ when loaded.

It’s an insurance thing. They won’t pay out on the GIT if anything happens and you don’t have a ticket to prove you were in “secure” (ha ha) parking. Load theft from boxes is on the rise, so you can understand it from the companies’ point of view - there are more and more cases of box locks being cut off etc. week by week. It’s getting ridiculous.

Remember, as well, that you’re contracted to deliver a sealed container. Even if nothing’s stolen the customer could either reject or claim shortages if there’s no seal on arrival. And again, the insurance won’t cover the associated costs of that if you haven’t got a ticket.

Daft, I know, but true, as our lot found out the hard way after a hijacking incident a while back…They’ve always paid parking, loaded or empty, but it used to be up to us to use our common sense about where we actually parked. Since the above incident if something goes wrong and you haven’t got the magic proof, it’s your arse on the line, a decision I can 100% understand.

My boss wnot pay, he says he never ever paid for parking in his day!
I allways find if your gonna park in a lay-by, try and make it a queers/ doggers lay-by, because the dirty sods are up and down the lay-by all night, it keeps the robbers at bay!!

Our gaffer issues us with a company credit card for which we can use for parking, ad-blue etc, also got that snap account but prefer to use card and get a meal voucher