Do you want this?

We are going to produce a weekly e-mail newsletter for drivers. a once a week mail which will contain driver relevant new stories, delivered to your e-mail in box It is free , and totally “opt in”. The content will be provided by the Truck & Driver staff, Big Lorry Blog and myself highlightlighting stuff from the forums you may miss.

To make this “opt in” we have to create a web page where you can sign up… before we go to that expense … it only sensible to ask if you want it,

So driver relevant news direct to your e-mail yes or no?

Will leave this in here for a couple days then move it to the feedback forum

Not for me thanks. I read all the RT. Com and most posts on here, but maybe a good idea for those with less time than myself :wink:

No thanks, I read on here most days so it would just not get read in my e-mail box.

Wheel Nut:
Not for me thanks. I read all the RT. Com and most posts on here, but maybe a good idea for those with less time than myself :wink:

and its exactly for guys like you we have taken the decision to make this “opt in”, we couild take the member list and send it anyway, but

1. we dont want to ■■■■ you guys off
  2. its pointless sending newsletters to people who simply dont want them
  3. we want you to tell us just how much or how little you would like from us

Legally as is stands we could spam almost every one of the 12500 + members here as well over 95% has agreed when they joined to take e-mail messaghes from the owners.

But
We would far prefer to create a positive e-mail list and not clog up anyones inbox with stuff they dontb want, so we are looking at a sign up page, We are not going to spam Just the opposite, We are giving you the opportunity to “opt in”, if its not for you, dont sign up and you wont get any e-mails,

Does all that work for you guys?

If its ‘driver relevant’ like a new law or summat then thats good with me. Not of course that Ford Cargo has a new model with a big bunk and more stowage space !! or some such stuff.

Mike-C:
If its ‘driver relevant’ like a new law or summat then thats good with me. Not of course that Ford Cargo has a new model with a big bunk and more stowage space !! or some such stuff.

You need that kind of info more than most then Mike, Ford sold out to Iveco years ago, the Cargo was renamed the EuroCargo in 92, I know it’s a bit behind the times up north but 17yrs! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

BTW Rikki,

i would sign up, as long as I could opt out if I didn’t like it, it’s worth having a look.

Rikki, I’d sign up.

yeh y not go for it

Yes please!

Aye

Where’s the poll ■■?
No thanks I’ll prob end up marking it fishing scam or what ever its called :blush:
I pop in every day or two then end up trolling through page after page of some twaddle but often come upon a gem …
:wink:

Evenin all

nick2008:
Where’s the poll ■■?

he’s gone home, due to the exchange rate. :laughing:

will reading your e-mail, with relevent transport information count towards my driver cpc? :laughing:

No way, too much junk posted on here as it is without it being forced into your inbox, along with the adverts that will no doubt be attached.

Yes please

Not for me thanks.
I struggle to cram in 3hrs+ of web surfing in the 30 minutes a day I`m actually online, skimming through loads of stuff to cut out the blurb, crap and other stuff that has no relivance to me. Much of which tends to be sponsored links to advertising.

I agree with Nick about putting it to a poll instead.

I would probably not read it as I get CM weekly and read Motor Transport, the abbreviated version of CM as well as going through the forum on here. Any new laws and information that comes in are quickly put in CM so any newsletter sent to me is only going to give me the same information as what I already read, whereas the likes of T&D are behind as they are monthly.

For me personally I would probably say no at this moment in time, however I will keep an open mind.

Ken.

i’m in. i sign in daily but i’m sure i miss interesting topics in some of the less popular forums

Yes Please :sunglasses: I’m on here every day but there are still things i miss :laughing: :laughing:

sam

Sure; why not? I’ll give it a go.

As said before if it’s boring I can junk it.

You could send the 1st edition to everyone with a choice of opt in/out after that. There will be lots of members who wont read this.

Possible poll:

1. Don’t bother. I only come on here to slag foreigners off.
  2. Go ahead but include me out.
  3. Yes please just send it to me and everyone else who replies on this thread.
  4. Send it to everyone, with an option to accept further copies.