Do you try to take a sneaky 15 min break at the pumps?

Argghh I didnt break any tacho laws though, did I?

Fueling up does not count as ‘other work’. Neither does paying for the fuel.

Squiddy:

Wanna bet? :laughing:

Squiddy:

Yes it does

Squiddy:

Oh and FYI when somewhere I worked got raided for proper running bent, fueling up was what caught the thick ones out as fuel receipts and records can be used as evidence :wink: :wink: :wink:

Next you will be telling me that walking to the goods in office and moving pallets to the back of your wagon for the forkie to take off counts as work :unamused: Hardly energetic is it?

Squiddy:

:open_mouth:

Of cause fuelling up and paying for it counts as other work.

Squiddy:
Next you will be telling me that walking to the goods in office and moving pallets to the back of your wagon for the forkie to take off counts as work :unamused: Hardly energetic is it?

Yes it is and now you’re either takin the [zb] or thick as [zb] :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Squiddy:

This is a wind up right ?

Squiddy:

That’s right. It does.

Depends on your reason for walking to the office, but if it’s work-related then yes it’s other work.

Someone is extracting the urine here I think. :wink:

damoq:
Someone is extracting the urine here I think. :wink:

I bleedin’ hope so! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tachograph:

Squiddy:

If I was hand balling the load then obviously that is work. But just pushing pallets to the back on a pump truck doesn’t take any effort so can be done on your break. If I’m wrong about this then fair enough I will take it all back, but I think you should check your facts first before making comments like that.

Squiddy:

tachograph:

Squiddy:

If I was hand balling the load then obviously that is work. But just pushing pallets to the back on a pump truck doesn’t take any effort so can be done on your break. If I’m wrong about this then fair enough I will take it all back, but I think you should check your facts first before making comments like that.

Extremely bloody hell, he’s not! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Squiddy:

tachograph:

Squiddy:

I reckon you should get a DCPC course done ASAP mate. You might be surprised at what you learn. :wink:

Squiddy:

your surely having a laff now . so what does it count as then ?

According to the rules, during a ‘break’ a driver may not drive or do any other work and must use this time only to rest.

businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac … =RESOURCES

Squiddy:

tachograph:

Squiddy:

I’m not sure if this is a wind-up or not but just in case it’s not, the regulations clearly state that any work should be recorded as other work, doesn’t matter how effortless it is or how easy it is, it’s other work.

The definition of break in (EC) 561/2006 is:

‘break’ means any period during which a driver may not
carry out any driving or any other work and which is
used exclusively for recuperation;

To be honest I couldn’t care less whether or not you put your tachograph on break while fuelling up or pushing pallets to the back of the vehicle, but you certainly wouldn’t want to be telling VOSA what you’ve posted here :wink:

if the drvr is free to do what he wants why cant that include shifting a few pallets?

Nope, I wouldn’t try to take a sneaky break at the pump since there’s other places you can do that but I don’t see anything wrong with getting yourself a cup of coffee whilst your handing your card over that you can drink whilst filling up, especially when all the other pumps are empty and nobody else is waiting. As for taking a leak in the petrol station toilets, there’s no shortage of posts on this forum from ppl whingeing about truckers ■■■■■■■ elsewhere and just how impatient are drivers becoming that they’ll begrudge a colleague using the toilet at a petrol station which will take only a minute or two at the most? I detect a slight hint of hypocrisy on this thread, would you all sooner the petrol station didn’t sell anything apart from fuel ever■■? Are you all saying you NEVER BUY ANYTHING ELSE from a petrol station whilst filling up■■? Strange these places sell so many things then isn’t it. And I take it you all use your bare hands to handle the petrol pumps and then wonder why you get dermatits? I find it revolting just how much hatred and intolerance is being sown on these internet forums lately. So if you see a lorry driver buying something at a petrol station He (or She) is running bent now, huh? Get a life ppl.

mrx:
if the drvr is free to do what he wants why cant that include shifting a few pallets?

Because shifting pallets is classed as ‘work’.