Do You think UK Roads are Dangerous?

On an American drivers’ site I read this comment after a report of road rage:

Then again this is also why i carry my .44 anywhere its legal in easy reach with my CCW and a literal fully functional very real mace where its not. Someone trying to get me out of my rig is going to get a very nasty suprise.

Then 2 minutes later I read this:

Super trucker was probably ■■■■■■ a new driver was taking a long time to park and took out his anger on the guy helping the new driver, but the guy wasn’t taking any of his ######## and the super trucker/psychopath murdered him in his moment of rage. Imagine going to prison for life because you didn’t want to wait 5 minutes for a new driver to park.

I know which side of the Atlantic I prefer to be. :smiley:

1 Like

Not that long ago was parked up the huge truck stop in kent. Can’t remember the name off top my head.
Point is was a newish driver trying to reverse into space next to me it was dark n raining…so I got out watched him in.
About half hour later he was knocking on my door handed me a bag with couple cans coke bag crisps n chocolate as a thanks.

1 Like

Dunno about road rage alone, but the USA has about 6 times the homicide rate that the UK does.

And in spite of news sites saying otherwise we are also safer now than a few years ago.
U.K. Murder/Homicide Rate 1990-2024 | MacroTrends

someone i know sent me this https://youtu.be/eqwzCKcTWoE that is in this country.

Thing is if we had less gun control it would be the same here. all the entitled idiots would think it was their right to do something and rather than just foaming at the mouth like they do they would end up shooting someone.

I think there’s more chance of being taken out by idiots driving on the wrong side of the road at every opportunity here, than there was of getting shot during my American road trips.

Ahh, but did they know who you were Geoff?

It’s an outbreak of outright banditry that I fear coming to this country, if we don’t crack down on law and order issues - and soon!

Already in France - you risk being attacked if you pull up in a layby pretty much anywhere… They won’t be cutting your curtains, and nicking your load - they’ll be threatening you with death if you don’t let them take your entire vehicle!

To be fair the French gendarmes aren’t far short of that for driving at a previously accepted as reasonable 120 mph autoroute speed.

Already in France - you risk being attacked if you pull up in a layby pretty much anywhere… They won’t be cutting your curtains, and nicking your load - they’ll be threatening you with death if you don’t let them take your entire vehicle!

Who told you that? Someone must have spouted that to you. It wasn’t dodgy Kev down the market who sells knock off DVD’s and snide ■■■■ was it?

Obviously slang for cigarettes is a bad word according to the auto censor! Americans, that’s who I blame.

Yes I just posted ‘■■■■’ on an American site and it was censored, so I wrote ‘damnation’ instead, just like here. :roll_eyes:

No. Don’t we all talk to foreign drivers from Hungary and Romania?
I’ve been shown footage of such attacks going on. The only defence is to drive away before they get into your cab. Trouble is, the bandits will do things like pull your 5th wheel handle, pull out the red airline button, or open the back doors so you are driving down the road with your doors flapping… Guess who gets done if any Gendarmes happen by?

Meatballs in sauce,too.Used to buy them in the supermarket.

No, you’ve seen the same footage we’ve all seen of lorries running the gauntlet at the ferry ports. France is a tad larger than Calais and its surrounding areas. I challenge you to find any genuine horror stories from any lorry driver regardless of nationality the type you are describing away from the channel ports.

Yes.
And most, if not all, of that footage is years old.

Migrants rarely get in trucks now.
That is why there are more boats now.

Guesswork (especially wrong guesses), invention, and fantasy, are not the real world, WS.

Typical type of shear bullcrap talked about Euro work by those whose ‘trucking’ career has only consisted of delvering bog rolls within a 100 mile radius, so they can get back to… ‘‘me own bed’’.:roll_eyes: :joy:

The trouble with such is that I lose nothing for being wrong, but rarely am, whilst those who accuse me of being wrong - are rather more likely to come a cropper first time out for something I suggested could be easily avoided…

franglais
6 April |

• | - |

Yes.
And most, if not all, of that footage is years old.

Migrants rarely get in trucks now.
That is why there are more boats now.

winseer:

Guess who gets done if any Gendarmes happen by?

Guesswork (especially wrong guesses), invention, and fantasy, are not the real world, WS.

This isn’t about the final approach to Calais, and drivers having logs/tree branches/breeze blocks/kerbstones lobbed at them…

I’m talking about actual french (albeit “sub-mediterreantean”) Bandits actually robbing you whilst you are parked in a french LAYBY.
They are not safe anymore at night - that’s what I’m getting at here.

There’s no “Illegals” involved. The bandits are merely taking advantage of that old chesnut “We all look alike” dodge…
If someone witnesses such an attack - what do they say to police?
The OPTIC is “Trucker gets done over by some illegal” when that wasn’t actually the case at all…
The Police - don’t bother to look for criminals - once they think they are “Illegals”…

It seems I’m wrong then Winseer, your Continental Trucking experience is evidently more recent than mine.
My last time over there in a truck was 15+ years ago,.so I bow to your more recent experience you have just shared with us.

I was totally unaware that you are not just an 100 mile radius agency monkey, but an experienced Europa Chauffer.
Any more ‘Winseer Trucking Tales’ to share with us?

Just a heads up Winseer,…
There is a lot of criminal activity,.the type of which you point out around the Northern France town of Arras, .about an hour from Cambrai (but you’ll know the geography of the area being a seasoned Euro man, incidentally Cambrai was the site of the first Tank Battle in WW1, but you maybe have visited these sites on your travels as I used to.

Anyhoo point is the bandits you mention are active around Arras…
They are commonlly known as the ‘ARRAS BANDITS’ so watch yer back.