Do you like differents route near every day or not?

do you like differents route near every day or you preffer work for company which have just 10-20 delivery address and you some time do one two weeks same run everyday?I like as many as possible different route ,collecetions.

I like to be somewere diffrent every day no point me driving if I had the same rout

I do nationwide retail deliveries for a retailer… same drops but theres 60/70 of them so thats decent enough variety for me. Will be a shock to the system next time I get a job and I actually have to read a map/use a sat nav again :astonished:

it’s one of the reasons i do recovery work. never know where you’re gonna be going from one hour to the next, let alone tomorrow or next week

variety is the spice of life

Yeah I like different route every day and in fact get them. And if there’s 2 different routes I’ll go in one way and back another if it’s possible.

I liked/like the variety, but Dad’s been on the same run to our premix plant near Bicester for 10 years :open_mouth: Another driver has done Readymix/Cemex Kidlington for 20 years from the same quarry :open_mouth:
As for me, my variety is loading “sand…shingle…sand…shingle…ballast…mix material…load bagging plant…scrape the haul roads…”

I cover the same area and have done for the past 7yrs. No 2 days are the same though. Each day has its different challenges to deal with, but I’m home every night which is the main thing. I probably couldn’t handle doing a trunk to the same place day in day out. That would bore me silly.

Muckaway:
I liked/like the variety, but Dad’s been on the same run to our premix plant near Bicester for 10 years :open_mouth: Another driver has done Readymix/Cemex Kidlington for 20 years from the same quarry :open_mouth:
As for me, my variety is loading “sand…shingle…sand…shingle…ballast…mix material…load bagging plant…scrape the haul roads…”

20 yrs on the same run :open_mouth:

We had a regular job running limestone dust up to Hulland Ward, 6 or 7 loads a day and around 14 miles each way and very little top gear work on the ‘up’ journey which took around 25/30 minutes, several drivers did little else for 10 to 20 years. It was regular work, they would still be running while we were parked up with no work. Used to do it myself at times and didn’t mind it as long as it stayed dry, when wet the sheet took some dragging about and plenty of shovelling to do! One chap did three loads a day to Bison floors at Lichfield, he must have been on that run for around 15 years or more but it suited him and that’s the main thing.

Pete.

bald bloke:

Muckaway:

20 yrs on the same run :open_mouth:

Yep, plod along and do 7.

Have to admit i like the familiarity of doing the same run :blush:

Yes, the variety of going to new and different places makes it more interesting, not just to relieve the monotony of the same thing every day (despite different conditions) but also to go through the annoyance/learning process of trying to find some of the damned places the first time as well as some “interesting” ways of getting there!

We get encouraged to try out different routes for future reference, has solved detours and diversions several times.Makes it more interesting I reckon.

I seem to get a mix of about 20 various destinations, some more than others. I get Ben & Jerry’s in St Albans VT at least once in a normal week and to vary the actual route would put many more miles.
Each time I get a strange drop I enjoy the change.

hiya,
The beauty of being a proper “tramper” is you can go where you want,
two days doing the same route would have been a no no in my case, in
cab communication and trackers killed tramping as I knew it, I never got
told off for carrying bad paying loads or at least after the first year anyway
when I sort of got a bit drier in the area around my lugholes but I did try to
get to a lot of out of the way places and in the words of the song, “I’ve been
everywhere boy”,would I do it again as an “olde worlde tramper” yes, driving
as a general haulage driver with todays rules and regs no way, and there’s no
digs left sleeping in the cab isn’t for me no matter how much they try to give
you all the home comforts, like I’ve said my job was as the driver not as cut-
price nightwatchman as well.
thanks harry, long retired.

Im a tramper but im on a specific contract which means there is very little change in what i do and to be honest i love it.All the customers know me on 1st name terms they all have my cab number if they require an change to collection times.
Im very happy with my job thank you very much :smiley:

3 loads a day 5 days a week near 600mls a day hauling 101&161 sand/stone , depot (batch plant)—quarry …april/may till frost comes(october usually),its a relief when im needed on a redimix truck.!
jimmy

JIMBO47:
3 loads a day 5 days a week near 600mls a day hauling 101&161 sand/stone , depot (batch plant)—quarry …april/may till frost comes(october usually),its a relief when im needed on a redimix truck.!
jimmy

Excuse my ignorance, but isn’t it even more mind-numbingly flat than Norfolk out there, as well? (And somewhat larger - just checked on the old wikipedia and Norfolk is the 5th largest county in England… and I calculate 120 times smaller than Manitoba - blimey). Although population is in the same ballpark.

aye its flat well mostly ,1 rd highway 23 Somerset -----grunthall all the way par last 6ml tae quarry
the last 20mls back tae depot is uphill all the way with a real hill at Miami.down to 30-40kms to get to top of it.
the rd goes straight all way to horizon.