Do you like differents route near every day or not?

Driving we mainly get the same drops every day, just the odd different one now and again but I prefer to switch between jobs, somedays drive a fork lift or work in the warehouse, other days I’ll work in the office and sometimes do holiday cover for outbased drivers working from different parts of the country. If I’m really bored I’ll cover for one of the night trunkers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Before I started and pre bonus scheme, it was very common to do the same run or at least do work for the same customer. Dad did deliveries and muckaway for the Oxford based customers, while those close to Bicester would do all the work on Raf Upper Heyford. Once bonus scheme started, drivers started whinging that one man had a better earner than them.

I used to find that doing the same route day in day out limited the amount of idiots you had to deal with.

One of the things I like most about my job is that I go to a lot of places I’ve never been before. Obviously quarries don’t move and neither do feed or flour mills but I don’t think I’ve loaded grain from the same farm twice more than about 10 times in a year!

I have to admit that it’s pretty nice to have a few weeks here and there when all you do is load and tip in a big circle of 4-5 places though. Stone from croft to leighton buzzard, sand from heath and reach to rugby, clinker from rugby to tilbury, and then wheat from tilbury grain terminal to somewhere close to the start of the circle! All in a days work if there aren’t any holdups. Cemex rugby cough cough.

just a note on posts i did…i counted the vehicles i met on first load of the day ,left yard at 8 — :unamused: left quarry at 10 am into yard at noon (around 150kms)…62 vehicles.lol…was a busy day.
jimmy.