Do you have local knowledge

got sent out on drop today with directions so got to industrial estate but couldnt find the food unit for love nor money so asked a forkie who after thinking about it for 10 mins said its that unit there mate straight over the road[turns out to be the local car repair man :unamused: , so grabbed the next likely bloke who said its the scotch egg place you want ,wheres that then mate, its not there anymore it shut down 6 months ago. :confused: :confused: ,cant be mate ive got to pick up for morrisons and tescos .
with that another bloke puts his two peniths worth in and says i no that placemate youve gone wrong when you came off the a1 you should of took the a635 to doncaster and its down there ,but mate it says so and so foods barnsley on my directions and tells me to take the a635 to barnsley.
with that forktruck comes roaring up road and says were down there mate thats where you want to be T.F.F.T.
just made me think if the locals dont know whats what then what chance have non locals got of finding anything

ady1:
just made me think if the locals dont know whats what then what chance have non locals got of finding anything

Almost since the invention of the motor car, not everyone lives near where they work. ā€œi havnā€™t a clue mate iā€™m not from round hereā€ is an all to familiar phrase. If , like me you canā€™t afford a sat nav right now get that goole maps on your phone. I find it invaluable and saves having to carry any a to zā€™s.

Was it Dearne Valley foods by any chance?

:wink: :wink:

i can live with dont know ,not from round here but these really thought they knew but never had a clue. it did turn out to be a scotch egg factory ,according to one idiot it had shut months a go .
got a sat nav but put so and so foods ,barnsley in but it came up with S.F.A [not suprised],
i thought according to some yorkshire is gods chosen county so he would have blessed them with the font of knowlege ,seemed thicker than your average bloke to me

Krankee:

how did you figure that one from so and so foods ,barnsley , :confused: :confused: :confused:

doing some courier work a few years ago, I was in a Cornish village looking for an address. Was not on the "Philips "map so guessed it was a new build.

WRONG

Anyway, I spotted this old boy and asked him if he knew.

ā€œWell oiā€™ve lived ere all me life in this village and oiā€™ve never heard of that place mate.ā€ was the reply (Familierā– ā– ?)

decided to give it up as a bad job cos I still had about 15 drops to do.

Reversed into the side street behind me, looked right to check the road was clearā€¦

Straight at the very address I was looking for
:unamused: :unamused: :wink:

ady1:

Krankee:

how did you figure that one from so and so foods ,barnsley , :confused: :confused: :confused:

Easy. There canā€™t be many companies in that area that manufacture Scotch eggs. :wink:

Easy to find. Canā€™t remember the road numbers but, A1 South until it becomes the A1(M) with B&Q on the left. Leave at the next exit and turn right. At the second village, turn right on a left hand bend with a bit of dual carriageway and some sort of monument on the far corner. Down the ā€˜rickety roadā€™, turn right at the caravan/motor home sales place on the corner, go past the security hut into the car park on the right. Spin it round and then come back past the security hut. Reverse up the road on the right to the loading area. The drinks machine is free. :slight_smile:

And if you venture into the Gents, the ā€˜panā€™ is pure Victorian. It has to be about two feet+ from the ground, even with my height, for a No 2, Iā€™m sure my legs would be left swinging.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was in Nottingham last Friday looking for a Tesco Express store in Hucknall.
I had a map given to me at the rdc which was as clear as mud. :unamused: :unamused:
I followed it to the letter but I thought I would stop and ask a couple of locals to make sure I was on the right track.
BIG MISTAKE as it was 00:30 Saturday morn, pub kicking out timeā€¦
First directions I was given wereā€¦
Rah rah right, then rah rah left, then rah rah somewhere there mate!
Meā€¦
Thanks and bye.
Next wasā€¦
Total opposite to earlier directionsā€¦ :laughing: :laughing:
I managed to find it in the end.
Iā€™ve got tomtom 6 (which is the latest version) but it wasnā€™t having the postcode.
I put the postcode into my M$ Autoroute on home pc when I got home and it came up no problem.
Iā€™m thinking of getting a laptop and using M$ Autoroute as this isnā€™t the first time that this has happened with postcodes etc on my tomtom.
Maybe using both after Truckers Atlas! :laughing: :laughing:

ady1 did you find it in the end? and how long did it take you to find?

BIG LEBOWSKI:
Iā€™m thinking of getting a laptop and using M$ Autoroute as this isnā€™t the first time that this has happened with postcodes etc on my tomtom.
Maybe using both after Truckers Atlas! :laughing: :laughing:

get at tomtom 910 :smiley:

i can never understand how its possible to be given the wrong delivery address

just inept office staff not doing there job right

wait till you try to deliver to the invoice address and NOT the delivery address.
then you,ll know youve ZBD UP big style. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

many moons ago.

killer100:
ady1 did you find it in the end? and how long did it take you to find?

yes found it in end ,young girl who does forktruck driving saw truck and shouted me, didnt take that long but was told i had to be back at base by 12oclock and time was getting really tight to get back

ady1:
ā€¦i thought according to some yorkshire is gods chosen countyā€¦

It isā€¦

Itā€™s just that in order to get the gorgeous countryside we had to be subject to an inordinate number of inbred doylems.

Stan

I was in a lay bye last week on the A1 nr Retford when the French driver of the truck infront appears at my door with map in hand. Not a word of english but pointing to his map so I take it off him and point to where he is, kind of you are here mate. He seems chuffed then says ā€œLondonā€, argh ok mate pull out the lay bye and keep going for 160 miles ish and hey presto you will be there, just follow this road! Dunno if he understood but he duelly set off south towards London! LOL

Howā€™s Stobartā€™s then Big Lebowski,settling in ok?

I was in Milton Keynes the other day, in cleverest Buckinghamshire on an Industrial estate looking for the food factory nearby but obscured by some trees when a suited gent told me heā€™d never heard of the place I was looking for.
Perhaps its not just Yorkshire that has " *" for brains.
C

I donā€™t even have national knowledge , I just know where I,am going .No point asking me what junction to number to get off to get to ā€¦
I couldnā€™t tell you , I just know where it is :laughing:

ohterry:
wait till you try to deliver to the invoice address and NOT the delivery address.
then you,ll know youve ZBD UP big style. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

many moons ago.

LOL !! Thats a big regular, evrywhere !!!

Handy little tip if youā€™ve got a 3 phone

go to the Services in the planet 3 thingy
scroll down to out & about
then on to Yell.com or streetmap
type in the company name on Yell
click on the right one
click on map or directions
AND
Roberts your Mothers Brother (work it out),you should know roughly where to go :wink: