Do you have every day two tachograph printer rolls

do you have every day two tachograph printer rolls??

The law is that you must have enough printer roll to do printouts whether that is for yourself or VOSA

What you consider enough is up to you

Yes

No
i carry a spare and not my problem if the heads empty
if i had to do a printout i would just get mine out

2 new rolls in my bag

always have a spare roll in my bag, not sure, but i think you have to carry a spare.

boss handed me a 20 boxes of printer rolls at start of year, i still have 19 boxes left lol

I think somewhere it is obscurely written that you must have enough for 15 days printouts, I seem to remember a thread about this about 5 years ago.

Ive got one in my bag, all our wagons are empty cause agency kept nicking them. So if agency guy wants one they need to hand it back at end of shift haha!

To be honest ive been on a digital unit since 2009 and done about 6 printouts in all that time. No need to do them at all.

Yes in my personal work bag, they’ve been there at least 2 yrs now as i don’t do printouts therefore never run out of paper.

i have all the time.now have 4.sometime ,when i put my paper in Tacho ,after shift i forget ask for replacement .last years twice buy online- pack(3 rolls) for 6 pounds

Andrejs:
…last years twice buy online- pack(3 rolls) for 6 pounds

Wow, what a bargain. I wonder how much Tesco cashiers pay when they buy their own till roll. :unamused:

During my ever “informative” cpc apparently it is law to have 2 spare rolls in the cab at all times failure to do so results in another £60 fine from vosa I carry 2 in my bag incase I swap lorrys and carry 3 in my own, I think vosa are just coming up with random laws to get a few more 60 quids!

Yes, always carry two rolls in my kit :smiley:

Karl86:
During my ever “informative” cpc apparently it is law to have 2 spare rolls in the cab at all times failure to do so results in another £60 fine from vosa I carry 2 in my bag incase I swap lorrys and carry 3 in my own, I think vosa are just coming up with random laws to get a few more 60 quids!

NO, DCPC trainers are just coming up with BS non-existent laws. :wink: :smiley:

As ROG said earlier in the post it only states that you carry enough, that’s all it says, it is left to you to decide how much is enough and there are no fines associated to not having enough.

As Rog…there should be paper in the head + 1 roll spare the only requirement is enough paper. normally that means to do 1, 2 or 3, 24hr print outs any thing that vosa or plod want they would download as it would be easier for them to do that and then upload onto their system giving instant infringements rather than getting the abacus out

nick2008:
As Rog…there should be paper in the head + 1 roll spare the only requirement is enough paper. normally that means to do 1, 2 or 3, 24hr print outs any thing that vosa or plod want they would download as it would be easier for them to do that and then upload onto their system giving instant infringements rather than getting the abacus out

not true :wink:

there does not need to be any paper in the head unit at all, the law requires that you should have enough to do a print out if required, it does not state where the aforementioned paper should be kept

Contraflow:

Andrejs:
…last years twice buy online- pack(3 rolls) for 6 pounds

Wow, what a bargain. I wonder how much Tesco cashiers pay when they buy their own till roll. :unamused:

I don t know about Tesco,but tachograph paper not cheap rhaonline.co.uk/digital-tach … hog_-.html

Coffeeholic:

Karl86:

NO, DCPC trainers are just coming up with BS non-existent laws. :wink: :smiley:

I have seriously considered this to be the case! I don’t think your to far wrong.