Do You Have A Hobby?

I wonder if anyone else has a hobby… something to which you devote far more time, effort and money than is strictly necessary… something of which the Wife thoroughly disapproves? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I love magic tricks, especially card tricks. I don’t know that many, but the ones I do know have been practised over and over again… I just love the moment when you reach the end of the trick- the “denouement”- and the whole of the audience look at each other as if to say “How the F did he do that■■?”

I also love anything mechanical. I collect old amusement machines, adding machines etc and love nothing more than spending an evening bringing back to life an old cash register or one-armed-bandit or somesuch which has not seen the light of day for 50 years…

So, does anyone else have an illogical pastime they want to 'fess up to?

Vince

I thought you were into trains Vince?

For my sins I like to gamble!! I love the Gee Gees, I am a very good poker player(if I do say so myself) lucky for me I am very disciplined, and only ever gamble with my betting account, and lucky for me The wife doesnt mind whatsoever! :sunglasses:

The wife doesnt mind whatsoever

or is it what she don’t know won’t hurt :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

TC:
I thought you were into trains Vince?

I work on my local preserved railway, but it all goes a bit quiet in the winter- so I have to have some “kitchen-table” hobbies…

As for Poker, I’m useless- I just don’t have a “poker-face” and it’s obvious by looking at me if I have a good hand or not. Too transparently honest, that’s my problem! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

Vince:
As for Poker, I’m useless- I just don’t have a “poker-face” and it’s obvious by looking at me if I have a good hand or not. Too transparently honest, that’s my problem! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Vince

Same here mate, The wonders of the internet! :smiley: :wink: :wink:

For my amusement, and to get rid off a stressful day I fly remote controlled helicopters (Do planes as well, but helis require more concentration :laughing: )

Vince:
I wonder if anyone else has a hobby… something to which you devote far more time, effort and money than is strictly necessary… something of which the Wife thoroughly disapproves? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I used to have one that fitted the above description, a.k.a boozing! :laughing:

Now Im an occaisional boozer, and Ive got interested in my wife’s hobby which is bird watching (feathered!) And I really enjoy it! :smiley:

If I could though, I would also get an old lorry, that would be courting disaster I know, as I’d spend a load of dough on it, and be messing about with it all the time!

I dont have hobbies they are more passing fads :blush:

Nearly 6k on mountain bikes :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: got bored with them so sold up
then theres my car an RS2000 money pit :imp: :imp: :imp: which has currently been abondoned in my garage due to boredom
then i had a spell with remote control cars that novelty lasted about a week :unamused:
at the moment im back on with the mountain bikes (because im getting fat) but not spending the money like before

I think the only consistant hobby i have is keep changing hobbies :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Online compter gaming is my biggest hobby, i just cant get enough of it i have a cellar with my pc and my small time brewery, as it says brewing i make my own wine and cider , but i just cant get a good lager or bitter so stick to the wines.

Ask mrs5l who drank most of the cider i gave to dave5l what it was like.

Other hobbies ? i play squash when i can but its few and far between since going on night shift, and then of course theres trucknet, and the odd game of poker on partypoker.com, maybe we should get a table for tnet members one weekend that could be fun.

fishing for me vince, started fly fishing at the age of 7/8. and the last 7 yrs or so ive been into carp fishing in a big way, aswell as keeping the fly fishing going.
spend to much dosh so the wife says, but hey ive got to have the best gear i can get, theres always summik new and ive got to have it.
travel all over the country in search of monster carp, and in july i, m off to a place in france called LES QUIS near brittany (i think). with a couple a mates for 10 days unadulterated none stop fishing… :wink:

Radio, I’ll listen to anything that either distant or difficult to find, VLF, HF,VHF or UHF.
Vintage bikes, my one real luxury is a 1959 former police Velocette LE, that only comes out on dry days for rally’s, 5,000 genuine miles & still in original condition with no restoration done or planned.
Mentalism, ( Magic, but more physiological stuff than slight of hand.) I also like escapology.

Motorcycling (well, taking it to bits and putting it back togeather anyway :unamused: :grimacing:).

Kite flying, powerfoils mainly, big ones with a 4.9m+ wingspan - but it’s nice to play with anything. Gentle continuous breezes are what I hope for on my days off :laughing: . plus learning the Piano. The kite flying and motorcycling are my major obsessions. I also (occasionally) pool train Scuba Divers and deliver theory lectures, but I don’t really do a lot of that since I had a bad bend whist on holiday last year which is a shame, but their you go :cry: .

only hobbies i have is buying cds and dvds through the winter, but through the summer golf is my main priority. lucky for me the wife don’t mind either, especially the golf as i am out first thing in the morning and not back till dark. keeps me out of her hair, and her out of mine :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

music, music, music, oh and occaisionally a tad more music… oh and the only other hobby i have is keeping fit, but that’s gone out of the window since i’ve moved to where i am.

Have a few more hobbies, s & m and the like… pmsl.

Hobbies! Don’t have time :smiley:

But like to dabble in DIY (car & home), playing around on the internet, of course Trucknet :wink: and St.John Ambulance

John

im a bit of a DIY fanatic. The only thing in my case its usually Do it for others. but i enjoy it so will give anytihng ago, plumbing,power,walls owt…

Bones:
im a bit of a DIY fanatic. The only thing in my case its usually Do it for others. but i enjoy it so will give anytihng ago, plumbing,power,walls owt…

Bones your more than welcome to come practice diy on my house mate

The wife has just announced she wants the bedroom finished by crimbo :cry:

simon

Better finish that pack of larger quick, eh Si?

Tiggz - It’s tempting, very tempting :grimacing:.

well if love on the 69 doesn’t work out lib then you know what to do!

:laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Dammit girl! I have a new hobby…and its Tiggz!!!

She’s got the old dog barking again :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Bully