Do you drink Red Bull?

I was having a wee Vodka and Red Bull tonight when i decided to actually read the can,

It says on the back,

Red Bulls effects have been recognised by world class athletes busy professional`s active students and long-distance drivers the world over.

I just wondered do any of you actually drink it to stimulate or improve performance?.

Is this a slur on the reputation of “long-distance drivers the world over”■■.

In 1997 I had started very early one morning and by 3.00pm was almost falling asleep at the wheel, I stopped at a filling station on the A 12 for some gum and saw a can of Red Bull, I bought it and drank it, within 10 minutes I felt like I could run a marathon. For me it really works. I don’t use it often but when I am really tired I will drink one to keep me going.

Yep!, sure do Jammy. I usually keep two fourpaks of Redbull in my fridge, drink a can and ‘pop’ half a dozen ephedra pills and I’m bouncing off the walls for the next few hours :open_mouth:, then do it again every 3-4 hours, keeps you awake for 24-36 hours at a time :wink: :smiley: :laughing:

Unfortunately the government have just made it illegal to sell ephedra, but a few truckstops still have it on their counters, I took advantage of that and bought as many packs as I could :laughing:

Yup been drinking it for years now i drink approximately 4-5 cans a day but i never drink vodka redbulls as they send me loopy

simon

Yeah, I carry a few cans with me, mainly because it helps to stave of the caffeine headaches if I can’t get a coffee. Headaches so bad that paracetamol, neurophen, ibuprofen etc have no effect but Red Bull cures it quickly. :smiley: :sunglasses:

Asda’s own is great and 3 bottles for £2.50
the price of RedBull makes it a big no no specialy on the road!
Service stations charge almost £2 a tin.
I never go anywhere with out a big bottle of pop or water.

That Asda one is pretty good TC, comes in litre bottles doesn’t it and is it called something like Blue Rhino or Blue Charge?

Yep litre bottles can’t remember what it is called I know one type is called Red Rooster! donno if its Asda’s mind!! most supermarkets sell there own type now dont they?

Gotta be better than paying MSA’s prices!

Very trrue TC. Nescafe also sell iced coffee in cans the same size as a Red Bull can and I am rather partial to the black iced coffee they do, stick them in the fridge for an hour or two and very refreshing. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not that I agree that it should be used to keep tired drivers awake!! :open_mouth:
If your tired pull over and have a kip!!

But I do think it may help drives keep alert on a short term basis! I think if people are needing to take such stuff they need to be seeing a Doc, because it aint healthy to be reliying on chemicls to stay awake or alert!!

Yep, Red bull, ASDAs own, whatever with a couple of Pro Plus can keep you going for that extra couple of hours to finish the job but if your that tired you realy should pull over for a kip. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Never tried it so far. I did try some stuff years ago that did keep me awake about 36 hours, but it didnt come from a shop! :laughing:

A few years ago I was visiting a mate in hospital.He was a trucker,sadly passed away recently.My mate was recovering from a heart attack and he pointed out a fellow on the other side of the ward.This guy was a trucker too and was in the habit of popping pro-plus to keep going.The docs opinion was this blokes heart attack had been brought on by him using the pro-plus to keep going when his body was telling him to rest.Not worth it,God rest Bob

But doctors do love to spout a scare story. Last time I went to see the doctor, August 1987, he gave me the same sort of lecture about too much caffeine, no doubt I’ll get it again when I have to see him again next year. :wink: :sunglasses:

red bull gives you wings

if only then i could fly around the m25 rather then sit in them jams :smiling_imp:

jon

Mal:
Never tried it so far. I did try some stuff years ago that did keep me awake about 36 hours, but it didnt come from a shop! :laughing:

Yeah I knew that ‘stuff’ rather well too :wink: :laughing:

Cliff Warby:

Mal:

Yeah I know that ‘stuff’ rather well too :wink: :laughing:

I did not inhale tho Cliff! :open_mouth: :laughing:

LOL@ mal… aye good stuff that mal… as for redbull it is also a nice drink, aswell as giving you a lift. though mixed with vodka it also sends me a bit stroppy when on a session, shame cos i do like it… the missus wont let me near it on a night out…
pro plus…naff,
good kip… better… :wink:

Hehe, you dont want to be getting stroppy on a session Tez! :smiley: , I know what you mean mind you, theres certain stuff im better leaving alone, snakebites for instance.

Good Kip Better, yes indeed mate, on boxes you get enough of that! :laughing:

Caffiene is for the wimps! Give me Bassetts liquorice allsorts, Jelly Babies, drumsticks, wine gums, and a big bag of Haribos any day of the week!