Do you drink Red Bull?

red bull is only sold in the uk most of europe has banned it due to health frears

BIG RULE OF THUMB IF TIRED STOP!!!

anything more than a cup of coffee and a power nap is daft and dangrous sorry to go off one but i think the way redbull is marketed is dangerous as it makes you think if your tired have one of these and i can carry on wrong you cant if you need this stuff then you stop
what would happen if you used this kind of product and had a serious accident i wonder

The official advice is to drink a can of red bull and take a 20 minute kip.

Works for me!

They sell in the US too Alix… its quite expensive. Pat made me try it once,…tastes like that nasty cough syrup crap my mother used to shove down my throat when I was sick… You guys can have it!!! Wouldn’t an espresso work just as well?

alix776:
red bull is only sold in the uk most of europe has banned it due to health frears

Think it’s only France that has banned it Alix, I can still get it in Germany, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg and Switzerland, mind you you can also buy cans of Iced Tea in Switzerland that have cannabis in them. Saw a can the other week, bright yellow with a cannabis leaf on the side. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

a t/m told me that red bull hardened your arteries,and had serious health risks.it is banned in france and i belive the swiss bannedit at one point
it never afected me as it tastes disgussing.
my cure 2 expresso and 3 pro plus.4 1/2 hours straight :wink:
jon

jon boy 100:
a t/m told me that red bull hardened your arteries,and had serious health risks.it is banned in france and i belive the swiss bannedit at one point
it never afected me as it tastes disgussing.
my cure 2 expresso and 3 pro plus.4 1/2 hours straight :wink:
jon

Of course the French Banned it, It doesn’t get any revenue from it, just as the French now think the rule Europe. As for it being unhealthy, I would think it a lot more healthy than Snails, Frogs legs and raw meat.

No one could expect France to help liberate Iraq, after all they didn’t help liberate France did they. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

By the way Johnboy, a Doctor once told me that taking proplus was one of the most damaging things you can do for your heart.

a double post :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Pat Hasler:
French now think the rule Europe.

(sic)

Not so sure how much you know Pat being in the USA, but personaly I think you are not quite right on that one.

Reading the latest news I think most of the Frence hate being in the EU and like most of the British would grab the chance to get out.

Its only the Govenments that want a enlarged EU if a EU at all!!

Well I have to say that the only source of info I get is from … BBC Tv news, ITV news and the BBC world service, it’s not actually info, it’s just an oppinion I form from what I hear and Germany seems to be just as bad. I think the worst this Britain can do would be to say ‘Yes’ to the European Constitution and the Euro.

At the moment the whole world sets its money markets on Stering, then moves along the various currencies. get rid of the pound and you may as well give the country away.

When I refer to France ruling Europe I meant the Government, not the people.

I prefer Red Devil on taste grounds. When I was tramping, I’d go once a week to Lidls and buy a crate of their own clone. Tasted better than the original, and worked just as well. Easier than a coffee. One can in the morning, and one late afternoon. If I got very tired, I’d have another later on.

There’s as much caffine in a can as a good coffee, but I just find them more convenient on the move. Sure, when I had time, I’d brew up a decent mug of coffee, but it’s just so easy to have a stack of cans in a handy corner of the cab, and down one if you need to. No kettle to boil, no hot liquids around the place. A bit safer in many cabs, and just so easy.

Besides, 30p a can from Lidls compared to 50p+ for a coffee? Or even worse, 2 quid a can in MSAs. The answer is easy in my eyes.

I drink it with Jack Daniels when out at the weekends. Great way to unwind after a hard week on the road :smiley:

Coffee is my tipple on the road. Red Bull is too expensive - mind you MSA coffee ain’t cheap either. Would be interesting to compare caffiene content tho.

Allikat,
Make sure you take a couple of pallets of Red Devil to the USA harvest with you!!! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I’ll just stop by a gas station with a hundred bucks when I’m there…

I don’t want to spoil the party guys but it might be worth having a search round the internet to see the effects of regular high doses of caffeine.

I did a little looking around following a Radio 4 programme a couple of years ago. I did alter my caffeine intake slightly as a result of my looking around and now I drink much less ‘real’ coffee than I used to and I’ve never tried anything like Red Bull and I never will.

In a nutshell, your brain uses a hormone called Adenosine to regulate your state of conciousness. When your sub-concious mind decides that your batteries are flat and you need sleep glands release Adenosine. One of the effects of this is to cause your brain to start slowing down (and eventually sleep). The Adenosine is used as a natural sleeping drug, if you like. Caffeine molecules are very similar in shape and size to Adenosine and block the hormone’s receptors on the surface of the brain. The result is that if you take on board caffeine you are over-riding your body’s sleep control system. Not a problem really and we’ve probably all used coffee to stay alert.

The problem is that with regular caffeine intake the amount of Adenosine released will increase as your body tries to get the sleep it needs. Your response to this could be to increase your coffee intake or perhaps start to drink specifically high caffeine drinks to try beat the tiredness. This routine can spiral until your caffeine intake reaches dangerous levels and there are allsorts of problems associated with very high caffeine intake. A colleague of mine recently took sick leave as a result of heart palpitations and blinding headaches which were put down to a very high caffeine intake by his GP.

Qhunter:
I don’t want to spoil the party guys but it might be worth having a search round the internet to see the effects of regular high doses of caffeine.

I did a little looking around following a Radio 4 programme a couple of years ago. I did alter my caffeine intake slightly as a result of my looking around and now I drink much less ‘real’ coffee than I used to and I’ve never tried anything like Red Bull and I never will.

In a nutshell, your brain uses a hormone called Adenosine to regulate your state of concioussness. When your sub-conciouss mind decides that your batteries are flat and you need sleep glands release Adenosine. One of the effects of this is to cause you brain to start slowing down. The Adenosine is used as a natural sleeping drug, if you like. Caffeine molecules are very similar in shape and size to Adenosine and block the hormone’s receptors on the surface of the brain. The result is that if you take on board caffeine you are over-riding your body’s sleep control system. Not a problem really and we’ve probably all used coffee to stay alert.

The problem is that with regular caffeine intake the amount of Adenosine will increase as your body tries to get the sleep it needs. Your response to this could be to increase your coffee intake or perhaps start to drink specifically high caffeine drinks. This routine can spiral until your caffeine intake reaches dangerous levels and there are allsorts of problems associated with very high caffeine intake. A colleague of mine recently took sick leave as a result of heart palpitations and blinding headaches which were put down to a very high caffeine intake by his GP.

Yeh but according to Doc’s too much fresh air can kill you!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiling_imp:

Qhunter:
The result is that if you take on board caffeine you are over-riding your body’s sleep control system.

I’ve average about 5 hours sleep a night for as long as I can remember, since way before I started to drink much coffee and certainly way before I started drinking it in the quantaties I do now and I still average 5 hours a night, so it hasn’t made much difference to me on the sleep side.

Qhunter:
This routine can spiral until your caffeine intake reaches dangerous levels and there are allsorts of problems associated with very high caffeine intake.

But once you get way beyond dangerous levels things settle down somewhat and all is well with the world. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Qhunter:
A colleague of mine recently took sick leave as a result of heart palpitations and blinding headaches which were put down to a very high caffeine intake by his GP.

I need the caffeine to keep the blinding headaches at bay, so cutting down would be a very, very bad idea for me. My doctor gave me the same lecture 17 years ago and I’m still here. :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have to agree with critic that if we followed everything doctors told us we would eat, drink or do nothing and then be dead anyway. Doctors do love to try to scare you otherwise they would be out of a job.

Look stop being so [zb] soft theres nothing wrong with a bit of caffine i give it to my cat all the time

PMSL :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I’m talking from the perspective of someone who has suffered caffeine poisoning. :open_mouth:

That stuff you buy in the jars has never been coffee the caffeine content is minimal. Fresh ground coffee contains much more and that was my downfall.

Both fade into insignificance when compared to RB and the like.

Caffeine poisoning? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I’ve never had that, to the best of my knowledge, how much do you need to drink to get that? It’s 10:30 and I am on my 4th large mug (it’s about 16 oz’s) of coffee so far today and will have more than tripled that intake by the end of the day, is that getting into poisoning territory?

I agree with you about the coffee in jars, I drink very little of that and I would say 90% of the coffee I drink is fresh ground stuff. Red Bull wise I probabley only drink a couple of cans a week and i’ve never taken Pro Plus or the like, if I need a caffeine injection I’m going to take it in a form I enjoy rather than swallow a couple of pills.