Do you check your pin

When doing the daily check after a night out,do you see if some low life has not pulled the pin,then they are hiding in the bushes to see your trailer fall flat on the floor.
School kids may do it on the cross channel ferries,just for a laugh.

always . :wink:

yes,check it every time i leave it unattended.

A quick shine of the torch,peace of mind then.

Come to think of it,i see a lot of drivers that wake up,fire up the motor and drive off without getting out of the cab to do any checks.

Having had one borrowed before now I have become obsessed, I know I’ve put it on but still check it every time I stop.

Slackbladder:
Having had one borrowed before now I have become obsessed, I know I’ve put it on but still check it every time I stop.

I recently had my first few shifts on C+E and the first time I coupled up a trailer I checked everything about 5 times and I’m not joking lol. I was a bag of nerves :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Even though I knew I’d done everything I was still obsessed with checking I’d done everything right. Then stopping and running through the coupling procedure in my mind trying to think if I’d missed anything.

Always… :wink:

LAP and PAL checks plus number plate

Is a ‘PIN’ a secret code for a part of your anatomy Toby :wink:

I always do every morning even if its been left in the yard

never, because people here don’t pull each others pins

never really check mine either, if someone was going to pull it while i was parked up i would know about it, as it takes me 2 or 3 attempts to get it out, got a drop down locking tab which you have to pull first then the release is always stuck as it is very rare i drop my trailer normaly ever 6 weeks for inspection :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Depends on my paranoia level on the day in question…

I do especially because I work for Eddie Stobart in Ireland - you know he’s loved here :wink:

In the past yes but not these days, from picking it up to swapping it and returning that trailer to the yard it is never left unattended. Often never even stop between hooking and dropping it so no need.

Out of interest, would it be legal to use a padlock instead of the clip?

Harry Monk:
Out of interest, would it be legal to use a padlock instead of the clip?

If you take the clip off then you wouldn’t be required to use anything, assuming the type with the locking tab. So adding a padlock when you in fact don’t need anything wouldn’t be a problem

I remember talking to a guy who’d had his pin pulled for him while overnighting in a service area in Spain, he went to get diesel in the morning and the unit and trailer parted company halfway across the forecourt, so, you see, pond-life has become international :grimacing:

At my place we are allowed a 50 minute break, the last five minutes are for a walk round check.

As we are not the most popular providers of the retail experience disaffected locals have been known to sabotage our vehicles in the above mentioned way.