^^^^ Do it!^^^^The Survey^^^^

An opportunity to be heard! First time for everything!

Done it.

Done!

The survey mentioned proposed change in tacho breaks from 15 m 30m to 15 15 15 ,in that order .
Employers to pay for hotels or motels for drivers to have weekky rest when away from home but happens in Europe now.

Reduced work days for coach drivers, I never knew they could work 12 days in a row .
Changes to double manning Lgv rules .
To end load incentives, bonus , which creates dangerous driving .

Every single person on here that has moaned about RE competition forfeits the right to moan in future if they forfeit the right to have their say!

TiredAndEmotional:
An opportunity to be heard! First time for everything!

Most rule changes / new laws have some sort of consultation period, it’s just that most of us miss that period and then complain about it (me included!!)

This time, I was made aware of it well up front, so I made sure it got posted on TN so that everybody gets a chance to have their say.

:bulb: Whether the bureaucrats take any notice is a completely different matter, but at least we tried. :smiley:

What survey■■? cant see one.

This one.

Done it…

Colin_scottish:

It’s on the notice board, and it’s just that you didn’t notice the notice. :wink: :grimacing: :laughing:

Just done it. A lot of it doesn’t apply to me but I like the sound of reintroducing the 3x 15 minute breaks rule. That used to be a godsend on tipper work.
I also like the idea of axing bonuses, two of my ex tipper employers wouldn’t be though. :laughing:

Colin_scottish:

Shoulda gone to Specsavers… :wink:

Why is it asking about other eu members rates of pay ect we are leaving the corrupt eu, I wouldn’t want to be paid less , also if you make employers pay for hotels ect they will recoop that money some other way. should be drivers choice

TiredAndEmotional:

Colin_scottish:

Shoulda gone to Specsavers… :wink:

I did said eyesight was 20/20 thanks :wink:

Thats me done it now lets see if what has been said is used to make the rules

tommy t:
Why is it asking about other eu members rates of pay ect we are leaving the corrupt eu, I wouldn’t want to be paid less , also if you make employers pay for hotels ect they will recoop that money some other way. should be drivers choice

I think it’s an attempt to prevent countries with much lower labour costs parking their fleets up in other countries while they scout round for work there giving them an unfair advantage…level playing field etc…

TiredAndEmotional:

tommy t:

I think it’s an attempt to prevent countries with much lower labour costs parking their fleets up in other countries while they scout round for work there giving them an unfair advantage…level playing field etc…

Germany and France have tried to introduce a minimum wage for all drivers delvering or on cabotage work in thier country regardless of which country the truck is operating from. The EE countries have kick off big time and complained to the EU about freedom of trade etc, I believe the EU have sort of backed the EE countries, but not for cabotage work. However Germany and France can respond to the judgment, I haven’t been able to find anything on thier response.

It does sort of re-enforce my opinion that the EU is basically a vehicle for big business to drive down pay and conditions and do deals with ministers and beauracrats without to much scrutiny.

I closed the tab, UK isn’t a nationality it;s a group of counties under one name… ■■■■■■■ idoits

tommymanc:
I closed the tab, UK isn’t a nationality it;s a group of counties under one name… [zb] idoits

Quoted for posterity and irony.

I noticed several spelling & grammar mistakes in the survey. If they can’t be bothered to employ competent people to type out a string of words correctly, what chance have they of improving our lot as drivers?

Will have a look when I have time, but if there is nothing about getting rid of the 15 hour day 9 off I aint really interested.
Even if there is you will get drivers, true to form, voting with their feet to keep it. Some idiots maybe even wanting longer days :unamused: , in a turkeys voting for Christmas style, so what would be the point.

Better conditions in terms of driver hours changing will never improve as long as drivers WANT to work ridiculous hours, …(.and at single time, or something equally as derisory) and are too stupid to see they are being exploited, rather than try and advocate to reduce the hours on a decent pay structure basis, resulting in fewer tired drivers, safer road environment, fewer exploitative employers, and no longer having to work a week and a half for a weeks wage. :bulb: