^^^^ Do it!^^^^The Survey^^^^

robroy:
Will have a look when I have time, but if there is nothing about getting rid of the 15 hour day 9 off I aint really interested.

As the thread title says…

Do it!

It’s a survey, it doesn’t have an agenda. At the end there’s a section letting you express your views and concerns.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about drivers doing excessive hours, the survey gives you a chance to air your views and possibly influence future hours laws.

Rest assured, the ‘I wanna work 90+ hours a week for ordinary money’ team will be filling it in too.

yourhavingalarf:

robroy:
Will have a look when I have time, but if there is nothing about getting rid of the 15 hour day 9 off I aint really interested.

Do it!

It’s a survey, it doesn’t have an agenda. At the end there’s a section letting you express your views and concerns.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about drivers doing excessive hours, the survey gives you a chance to air your views and possibly influence future hours laws.

Rest assured, the ‘I wanna work 90+ hours a week for ordinary money’ team will be filling it in too.

Yeh but sadly I think these guys are in the majority, just look at many comments on this forum by the terminally stupid and misguided.
So what chance have the realists among us got, who can see through all the crap instead of routinely swallowing it. . :neutral_face:
Like I said, I’ll have a look later, but can’t really get excited about it, as I know what drivers are like.

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:

robroy:

Do it!

Yeh but sadly I think these guys are in the majority, just look at many comments on this forum by the terminally stupid and misguided.
So what chance have the realists among us got, who can see through all the crap instead of routinely swallowing it. . :neutral_face:
Like I said, I’ll have a look later, but can’t really get excited about it, as I know what drivers are like.

Yeah like you! If you don’t ask you don’t get! I did it and I specifically suggested getting shot of 15 hour days. :slight_smile:

When I started driving in 1968 there were many for whom 24 hours a day weren’t enough and who would never have a night out anywhere on the island.Big on cafe talk but would melt in front of the office junior let alone the boss.Here we are 50 or so years later and little has changed in this respect.

robroy:
Even if there is you will get drivers, true to form, voting with their feet to keep it. Some idiots maybe even wanting longer days :unamused: , in a turkeys voting for Christmas style, so what would be the point.

Better conditions in terms of driver hours changing will never improve as long as drivers WANT to work ridiculous hours, …(.and at single time, or something equally as derisory) and are too stupid to see they are being exploited, rather than try and advocate to reduce the hours on a decent pay structure basis, resulting in fewer tired drivers, safer road environment, fewer exploitative employers, and no longer having to work a week and a half for a weeks wage. :bulb:

It does have a section about banning wages based on vehicle earnings. And a section at the end for suggestions.

Bloody Eu, fancy asking people actually in the job, through a public forum, for opinions, rather than following the UK mode: M.P.s talking to people in small committee rooms and then voting as told to by their party Whips. Eu ain`t perfect but this is good, surely.

Requested more 15 hour days and removal of the 90 hour fortnightly limit and of course a lapdancing club for driver facilities.

Blimey there’s some work shy buggers on here in the wrong job. :wink: