do i or dont i?

just got back from 2 weeks away to find ive not been paid for last 2 weeks :angry: ive a loaded trailer parked up ready to ship to france on monday tip paris tuesday been promiced by TM i will be paid monday do i trust his word or cut my losses? anyone need a poor international driver any1 wanna buy some cheep diesel to make up my wages or buy a merc mega space as i have reg documents :laughing:

Get on the phone to your gaffer and tell him you want paying what’s owed NOW otherwise the load doesn’t go. Don’t trust what he says. There are no friends in business. If he’s got anything about him then he’ll come down to your house with the money owed in CASH and APOLOGISE for the mistake in not paying you.

I bet I know what will happen come Monday though… :unamused:

park the truck up somewhere where it wont be found & call him & say give the cash now or this load goes nowhere, if you have the docs put it on ebay.

:unamused:

malcolm how long have you worked for the guy

playing devils abvocet here

but is he paying you monthly weekly or biweekly if you haven’t worked for him for long ie your first trip was payment dates mentioned in the interveiw

or its simply a cockup and he just forgot to put it through

malcolmj Take Darren’s advice and get him to go the bank tomorrow for cash or tell him you will wait in UK til Monday until you are paid. Then regretfully have Private Domestic reasons for not being able to work for him any more . & last of all when you have the dosh tell him where the keys & the truck are. I have done it loads of times& it always worked. Of course I always had to leave afterwords because the trust was broken. :laughing:
You got his truck .He got your money. Just a simple exchange.

Ive worked for this co since april payed weekly (very weakly) just foned other

driver on his way to spain went yesterday hes the same owed 2 weeks too, but

at least his fuel card still working filled up about 6pm ,so where both in same

baoat if i cut and run will be owed about 2k with next week and week in hand

the present mrs J is going potty, I’ve got another job to start 2nd Jan lined up

but looks like a sad xmas :frowning:

:unamused:

deffo split the load and unit, if your gonna stash it, as 1 or both will have a tracker fitted

same as above mate hide it some where ring him monday morning telling him you want the money by dinner or the load will be sold along with unit and trailer :smiley: :smiley:

Most trackers have an aerial on the top of the cab.
I’m told that a tin bucket over the aerial stops the signal. :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: if it’s true.

no dough no go

leave bank 10 00 hrs arrive Dover 1700 cross leave calais 1915

stop somewhere 2100 nine off arrive Paris a bit later than maybe you wanted but as long as YOU have YOUR MONEY eh ho

ps and the other drivers :laughing:

Simon:
Most trackers have an aerial on the top of the cab.
I’m told that a tin bucket over the aerial stops the signal. :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: if it’s true.

No mate, its a faraday cage, a cylindrical tube knocked up out of fine (serated) mesh, guaranteed to work, they block out all electro magnetic radiation.
if you had a mobile phone inside 1 you wouldn`t get a signal

hitch Its a bit late when you are over the channel to hide up the truck.Your first option was the best. No dough, No go. Put it somewhere local & insist on cash. None of that cheque-in-the-post malarkey!

I don’t think hitch was suggesting that harry. His suggestion was not to depart until 10:00 Monday after he has confirmed the money is in the bank. Well that’s how I read it anyway.

I’ve had this before… “You just ship out and we’'ll sort that out monday”

Don’t go.

Same here Harry. I have hid trucks up . I have also sat outside their houses in cars until I got paid. You usually got paid when their wives wives found out with little firms. With big firms I had to hold on to the truck. If it was a Swiss firm I would leave the truck in France while I negotiated. I would never threaten violence or revenge & always got paid. I actually sat in a guys house once in England when the wife invited me in for a cup of coffee & said that her husband was out. I got in & while drinking the coffee said that I wouldn’t be leaving until I got paid for a horrendous Italian trip in terrible Maggi. After five minutes the guy appeared from his hidey-hole & paid me. :smiley:
Sometimes these people have a genuine reason for not being able to pay so you have to play clever or you get nothing. I remember a Swiss outfit had got hold of the truck without paying me.With the Swiss you are paid a monthly salary so if you leave you don’t find out for a month that you have been juiced. I went & saw the boss I said I was interested in buying the truck but needed my wages as a show of good faith from his side. He believed me & I got paid!! :laughing:

No cash, no dash. I wouldn’t go til was paid. BTW, what’s your load? I’m sure that’s there’s someone on here who can ‘dispose’ of it for you :wink:

Ditto all the above.

No dough,no go.

Ken.

malcolmj:
just got back from 2 weeks away to find ive not been paid for last 2 weeks :angry: ive a loaded trailer parked up ready to ship to france on monday tip paris tuesday been promiced by TM i will be paid monday do i trust his word or cut my losses? anyone need a poor international driver any1 wanna buy some cheep diesel to make up my wages or buy a merc mega space as i have reg documents :laughing:

could this be a wage,s department error not the gaffers

just thought