Dixon international

Any drivers on here?

Very smart looking fleet,see them everyday.

User called Ned Kelly is/was on for them.

Smart trucks but with a high turnover of drivers, they say all you have to do is drive & be able to open the back doors before you reverse on to a bay!

Same as other Irish logistics companies though especially the one’s that do European, nice trucks but POOR wages as you have to think of the exchange rate, etc €1 = about 0.83p so if you make €600 that equals £498 sterling & there’s no way around the exchange rate despite what some people may tell you!

Work for a company that gives you enough money so you can pay your bills at the end of the week!

Ask on Irish rigs :wink:

snowchain:
Smart trucks but with a high turnover of drivers, they say all you have to do is drive & be able to open the back doors before you reverse on to a bay!

Same as other Irish logistics companies though especially the one’s that do European, nice trucks but POOR wages as you have to think of the exchange rate, etc €1 = about 0.83p so if you make €600 that equals £498 sterling & there’s no way around the exchange rate despite what some people may tell you!

Work for a company that gives you enough money so you can pay your bills at the end of the week!

Not all Irish firms pay poor wages yes there are some but get in with a decent firm and the wages are above UK levels plus there tax system takes into account if you are married and have children. I put £550 a week into my English account and still have enough left in my Irish account to live on week to week and with some leftover. When Fleetwood port was open there was no shortage of English guys queuing up to drive for Irish firms. Not sure of Dixons pay rates but believe they are about average and 100% legal

mazzer:

snowchain:

Not all Irish firms pay poor wages yes there are some but get in with a decent firm and the wages are above UK levels plus there tax system takes into account if you are married and have children. I put £550 a week into my English account and still have enough left in my Irish account to live on week to week and with some leftover. When Fleetwood port was open there was no shortage of English guys queuing up to drive for Irish firms. Not sure of Dixons pay rates but believe they are about average and 100% legal

I’ve been trying to get a start with a Irish company for a while but no joy!!!

Thanks for the positives, I’m trying to get a job with an Irish company but keep the wag in uk… Used to see a polish guy all the time in Dublin he works for Campbell’s on that set up. Anyone have contact details I can’t find them?

dixontransport.com/

■■■■. I thought this was a thread about our superhero leaving Stobrats, and setting up on his own.

So disappointed.

Ken.

Legend_Scania:
http://www.dixontransport.com/

Cheers legend I emailed the MD there, do you have Campbell’s?

campbellcarriers.com/

Is this what your looking for ■■?

mazzer:

snowchain:

I’m not dissing Irish transport companies but judging by your location I would say that you may drive for a Northern Irish Haulier which would be a whole different ball game because you state that you put £550 a week in to your English Account, well to do that in the South that equates to over €660 after tax alone without what you live on so with tax, or PRSI as they call it in the South you would need to be on well over a grand a week (That’s Euros) & let me tell you that is not happening these days!
I worked over there when the Celtic Tiger was roaring but I’m afraid now it’s barely wimpering, there’s Pole’s & Rumanians who have cut the job to shreds & all your Nolan’s, Breen’s, Dixon’s, Virginia’s to name but a few are paid about the same give or take a few bob, it’s the way the job is now.

The small hauliers over there are going under literally on a weekly basis! And here’s one for you, the ‘mighty’ Eddie Stobart is only paying agencies around Dublin, (The Capital!) a Maximum of €15 an hour, that’s less than £12.50 sterling, then the agencies have to have a cut & pay a driver!! whether it’s Wednesday morning, Easter Sunday or Christmas Day it’s all the same rate! So the Irish Road Haulage Industry is going nowhere mate, only to the wall & as long as guys are prepaired to drive for these poor rates it never will, nor will drivers pay rates increase.

Hence why so many are leaving the industry, a Barman in Dublin earns €15 an hour for Gods sake where as a lorry driver ( a professional) supposedly, with the responsibility for his own life & that of all those other road users around him earns between €8 & €9 over there in Southern Ireland, on a day rate (Fact!)

snowchain:

mazzer:

snowchain:

I’m not dissing Irish transport companies but judging by your location I would say that you may drive for a Northern Irish Haulier which would be a whole different ball game because you state that you put £550 a week in to your English Account, well to do that in the South that equates to over €660 after tax alone without what you live on so with tax, or PRSI as they call it in the South you would need to be on well over a grand a week (That’s Euros) & let me tell you that is not happening these days!
I worked over there when the Celtic Tiger was roaring but I’m afraid now it’s barely wimpering, there’s Pole’s & Rumanians who have cut the job to shreds & all your Nolan’s, Breen’s, Dixon’s, Virginia’s to name but a few are paid about the same give or take a few bob, it’s the way the job is now.

The small hauliers over there are going under literally on a weekly basis! And here’s one for you, the ‘mighty’ Eddie Stobart is only paying agencies around Dublin, (The Capital!) a Maximum of €15 an hour, that’s less than £12.50 sterling, then the agencies have to have a cut & pay a driver!! whether it’s Wednesday morning, Easter Sunday or Christmas Day it’s all the same rate! So the Irish Road Haulage Industry is going nowhere mate, only to the wall & as long as guys are prepaired to drive for these poor rates it never will, nor will drivers pay rates increase.

Hence why so many are leaving the industry, a Barman in Dublin earns €15 an hour for Gods sake where as a lorry driver ( a professional) supposedly, with the responsibility for his own life & that of all those other road users around him earns between €8 & €9 over there in Southern Ireland, on a day rate (Fact!)

I work for a southern company and work away not round Ireland hence the decent wage the trick is to find a man who does not employ eastern Europeans not easy I know but these companies pay higher wages the wages have dropped but it is still possible to find some who are paying 120 130euros a day after tax. Trouble is nowadays if you have no history with irish firms it makes it difficult to get a foot in the door as so many over here are looking for work.
dixons pay 110 euro per day after tax so i’m lead to believe

morganmclernon.com
I heard their looking for drivers and it’s rumoured they pay £700 for three round trips to the UK.

mcburneytransport.com
Its rumoured they pay £130 per day working from Ireland doing UK work, but not easy to get in with them.they are however looking for ADR drivers at their heysham depot.

mcardleskeath.com
It’s rumoured they pay €125 per day. No more info.

dgmcardleint.ie
Related to the above, it’s rumoured they pay €125 per day. You must pay your own parking and continental tolls, use your own phone and they reimburse you at the end of month.

bmt.ie/Home
It’s rumoured they pay €140 a day, but you’ll work for it!

nolantransport.com
It’s rumoured they pay €125 per day and are now looking to employ Irish and UK drivers.

noonetransport.ie
It’s rumoured they pay €100 a day, nice fleet

yelp.ie/biz/caffrey-internat … t-ashbourn

dixontransport.com

hannontransport.com/contact
Depots in north/south Ireland & holland

carnatspt.ie

goldenpages.ie/virginia-tran … irginia/1/

campbellcarriers.com/goods-trans … ilers.html

goldenpages.ie/willsborough- … airport/1/

I personally would avoid the following companies!

facebook.com/pages/PD-Foley … 4613665948

olearyinternational.com/group.html

breentransport.com/next_day_delivery.php

waltontransport.com

There’s lots of Irish firms looking for drivers, pay rates vary but beware, the ones who pay top rate that are looking for drivers will make you work for it. Others will expect you to run bent.

The companies in the top part of the list run as legal as possible. It’s better to work for a little less and avoid JAIL!

kjw21:
User called Ned Kelly is/was on for them.

m.youtube.com/user/desgarrett

I must say i’d rather be a bar keep in Dublin than a tramper. Think of all the clunge!

Outandabout:
http://www.morganmclernon.com
I heard their looking for drivers and it’s rumoured they pay £700 for three round trips to the UK.

mcburneytransport.com
Its rumoured they pay £130 per day working from Ireland doing UK work, but not easy to get in with them.they are however looking for ADR drivers at their heysham depot.

mcardleskeath.com
It’s rumoured they pay €125 per day. No more info.

dgmcardleint.ie
Related to the above, it’s rumoured they pay €125 per day. You must pay your own parking and continental tolls, use your own phone and they reimburse you at the end of month.

bmt.ie/Home
It’s rumoured they pay €140 a day, but you’ll work for it!

nolantransport.com
It’s rumoured they pay €125 per day and are now looking to employ Irish and UK drivers.

noonetransport.ie
It’s rumoured they pay €100 a day, nice fleet

yelp.ie/biz/caffrey-internat … t-ashbourn

dixontransport.com

hannontransport.com/contact
Depots in north/south Ireland & holland

carnatspt.ie

goldenpages.ie/virginia-tran … irginia/1/

campbellcarriers.com/goods-trans … ilers.html

goldenpages.ie/willsborough- … airport/1/

I personally would avoid the following companies!

facebook.com/pages/PD-Foley … 4613665948

olearyinternational.com/group.html

breentransport.com/next_day_delivery.php

waltontransport.com

There’s lots of Irish firms looking for drivers, pay rates vary but beware, the ones who pay top rate that are looking for drivers will make you work for it. Others will expect you to run bent.

The companies in the top part of the list run as legal as possible. It’s better to work for a little less and avoid JAIL!

Good list but you forgot bradley transport

One of the nicest fleets in Ireland

ewingbros.eu/index.html

Here’s a nice fleet too cttp://otooletransport.com/