lol just a shame they don’t put the same amount of effort into the wages

Where are they at

Heres another nice fleet bradleytransport.com/

mazzer:

kindle530:
One of the nicest fleets in Ireland

ewingbros.eu/index.html

I agree I work for a company in The south and we wouldn’t have the newest or the best looking fleet around in fact a good few of the units and trailers are just plain with no sign writing but for 5 days a week averaging 12hrs a day and home almost every night I make the same as what some of the other companies pay there trampers working max hours.

irish lorries:

mazzer:

kindle530:
One of the nicest fleets in Ireland

ewingbros.eu/index.html

Where are they at

their yard is just outside dungannon on the Belfast to ballygawly line

Here’s another nice fleet jordaninternational.com/

Related to this wage 125 euro per day.The wages include night out meal allowance?

or the wage is 125 per day + 33 meal alowance night out?

snowchain:

mazzer:

snowchain:
Smart trucks but with a high turnover of drivers, they say all you have to do is drive & be able to open the back doors before you reverse on to a bay!

Same as other Irish logistics companies though especially the one’s that do European, nice trucks but POOR wages as you have to think of the exchange rate, etc €1 = about 0.83p so if you make €600 that equals £498 sterling & there’s no way around the exchange rate despite what some people may tell you!

Work for a company that gives you enough money so you can pay your bills at the end of the week!

Not all Irish firms pay poor wages yes there are some but get in with a decent firm and the wages are above UK levels plus there tax system takes into account if you are married and have children. I put £550 a week into my English account and still have enough left in my Irish account to live on week to week and with some leftover. When Fleetwood port was open there was no shortage of English guys queuing up to drive for Irish firms. Not sure of Dixons pay rates but believe they are about average and 100% legal

I’m not dissing Irish transport companies but judging by your location I would say that you may drive for a Northern Irish Haulier which would be a whole different ball game because you state that you put £550 a week in to your English Account, well to do that in the South that equates to over €660 after tax alone without what you live on so with tax, or PRSI as they call it in the South you would need to be on well over a grand a week (That’s Euros) & let me tell you that is not happening these days!
I worked over there when the Celtic Tiger was roaring but I’m afraid now it’s barely wimpering, there’s Pole’s & Rumanians who have cut the job to shreds & all your Nolan’s, Breen’s, Dixon’s, Virginia’s to name but a few are paid about the same give or take a few bob, it’s the way the job is now.

The small hauliers over there are going under literally on a weekly basis! And here’s one for you, the ‘mighty’ Eddie Stobart is only paying agencies around Dublin, (The Capital!) a Maximum of €15 an hour, that’s less than £12.50 sterling, then the agencies have to have a cut & pay a driver!! whether it’s Wednesday morning, Easter Sunday or Christmas Day it’s all the same rate! So the Irish Road Haulage Industry is going nowhere mate, only to the wall & as long as guys are prepaired to drive for these poor rates it never will, nor will drivers pay rates increase.

Hence why so many are leaving the industry, a Barman in Dublin earns €15 an hour for Gods sake where as a lorry driver ( a professional) supposedly, with the responsibility for his own life & that of all those other road users around him earns between €8 & €9 over there in Southern Ireland, on a day rate (Fact!)

Hit the nail on the head Snowchain. While drivers are willing to work for poor rates the wages will never go up.
The biggest problem we have, what is a poor wage for us, is a good wage for a pole etc. Until you remove that factor you may as well ■■■■ in the wind.

So many ‘facts’ listed above… NOT ! What a lot of codswallop. There is loads of posts above to disect but lets go with 3… Firstly Ned Kelly just used to freelance a bit on Dixons…he is a dublin taxi driver who keeps his hand in now and again on the trucks, good knowlegable fella and if you watch his vids on youtube you will see that. As for Dixons, they are one of the better Irish firms and hard to get on for. They do a fair bit of ADR… they do not have a revolving door. They also do a lot of delice de france work along with mcburney whom are paid hourly out of Ballymena… a rate that is not good, although that is set to rise in the new year on the refrigeration side out of liverpool, whether that goes for Ballymena too im not sure. My mate is curently working for Ballymena out of Liverpool on the agency… they have a couple of units based in the liverpool depot now because that many drivers have left AND they cant get agency drivers either so they do it this way. One thing you have to be aware of with working for Irish hauliers is the exchange rate. The £ is good at the moment so you get less for your work.

Just to add… Carna are taking on drivers now… they were advertising last week or so. I dont thibk the wages are much good though. They do a lot of a computers out of the south all over the place so you will get about !

m.jobs.ie/Job/1408120

From that job link…
Addtional qualifications should include current CPC, ADR and Aviation certification.

Aviation certification■■?

Kerbdog:
http://m.jobs.ie/Job/1408120

quote of the day,
We understand that everyone works at a different pace and we pay accordingly.
Details of pay rates including attractive fuel bonus scheme available on request.

love it… :wink:

dieseldog999:

Kerbdog:

quote of the day,
Details of pay rates including attractive fuel bonus scheme available on request.

keep er lit…your booked in to tip,you need to make the boat,them lorries need paid for.get your sleep on the boat.we want drivers not shunters. :unamused:

dieseldog999:

dieseldog999:

Kerbdog:

quote of the day,

keep er lit…your booked in to tip,you need to make the boat,them lorries need paid for.get your sleep on the boat.we want drivers not shunters. :unamused:

Been with Sawyers Transport since July on salaried wages Sun night til Fri morn/afternoon,
have never heard any of those “quotes” above apart from “Keep er lit” :exclamation: :exclamation:
Have got £100/month fuel bonus every month plus £50 Christmas bonus last week.
(Didn’t set world on fire but better than sweet FA :sunglasses: )

Now off on holiday from Dec 23rd to Jan 1st and out on boat that night.
6days holiday paid@ £100home/day. :sunglasses:

VERY happy there. :wink:

sure they work legal now as they had no alternative,same as morgans and the rest…legal,or licence revoked ,end of ultimatum.you can still crack on with the mushroom brigade if you wish,but apart from that its all just fill a legal card,and park…I you worked for them a while ago,it would be a different story,plus by now you would be speaking fluent flipflop… :smiley:

Related to this wage 125 euro per day.The wages include night out meal allowance?

The wage include night out?

lucianoros:
The wage include night out?

I would think its does or else every driver in the country would be working there :exclamation: :exclamation:
(Presuming the 125Euro/day is after tax)