Disgusting

Sorry but I had to get it off my chest.
After being off the road for the best part of 15-20 years due to working in operations and then leaving transport totally for a period ,but now back driving since the pandemic due to being made redundant ( by the way really enjoying the driving again )
I can’t help but notice the absolute filth left in lay bys etc by drivers .
Was coming out of woolly edge ( north ) a couple of days ago and the long slip road onto the M1 that comes out of the services was full of filth the whole length of the slip
Ffs what’s up with people .

be very careful when walking about in the layby in the dark, there is usually a log or 2 ( and i’m not talking about wooden ones) lying around :open_mouth: :laughing:

It’s every where, even the most scenic of back roads has a carpet of drinks cans/bottles, fast food wrappers and other detritus, basically, the mouth breathing portion of the population seem to think that the countryside is their own personal bin, god knows what their houses and gardens are like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pet hate of mine, no excuse, absolutely disgusting behaviour. I’d like to defend lorry drivers and with things like discarded fast food containers I probably could as they mostly come from chavs in Corsas with a teddy bear on the tow eye, but the bottles of ■■■■ and other assorted detritus only comes from one section of society.

I’m no grass and tend to mind my own business but if my dash cam caught a litterer the footage would find it’s way to the old bill. Not that they’d do anything about it of course.

the maoster:
Pet hate of mine, no excuse, absolutely disgusting behaviour. I’d like to defend lorry drivers and with things like discarded fast food containers I probably could as they mostly come from chavs in Corsas with a teddy bear on the tow eye, but the bottles of ■■■■ and other assorted detritus only comes from one section of society.

I’m no grass and tend to mind my own business but if my dash cam caught a litterer the footage would find it’s way to the old bill. Not that they’d do anything about it of course.

Well said Maoster , I wish we had a like button

slip road off the M66 junction 3 for Heywood is really bad, could be coming off the rubbish lorries but its a wow as you go down the slip road.

Yep the dirty anti social ■■■■ s who do all this should be fined heavily, then made to clean their ■■■■ up.
No excuse for it, but why have councils removed bins from a lot of lay bys?
These habitual work shy scummers who have never had a job for ■■■■ years, but prefer to scrounge off benefits,.whilst sat smoking weed all day…why are they not being loaded up in backs of Transits, and dropped off wearing a hi viz, and brandishing litter picker uppers (technical name :smiley: ) and a bin bag, for 8 hours a day…that would sort it. :bulb:

I’m afraid we live in a country full off morons, I was on the M62 a few weeks ago near Manchester in stationary traffic another lorry at the side of me, I saw him throw something out off the window then he chucked a chocolate bar wrapper out I gave a blast on the horn he looked around and jestured as to say what have I done wrong, I pointed at his litter he just laughed, these people should be exported, bloody scumbags! :frowning:

Should never have been imported, bloody scumbags.

I have got to give credit to a lass doing roadside and layby clearing on the A82 from North Ballachulish all the way to Fort William. mostly funding the exercise herself!

Well done that lass.

elsa Lad:
slip road off the M66 junction 3 for Heywood is really bad, could be coming off the rubbish lorries but its a wow as you go down the slip road.

I think there’s a landfill site round there as there’s load of rubbish tippers on and off at that junction. I’ve followed them countless times when they’re empty and have the sheet over, but the sheet just bounces about in the wind and the loose rubbish remaining in the trailer gets picked up in the vacuum and flies out onto the carriageway. :unamused:

We had a new guy start with us a couple of years ago and I was out in the passenger seat showing him the routes. He’d eat his garage-bought sandwiches, crisps, chocolate bars and then open the window as he was driving down the motorway and dump the wrappers for all of them onto the carriageway. Thought it was hilarious. Sadly for him I didn’t see the funny side and he was told not to bother coming in tomorrow, nor any days thereafter.

Another employee was caught having a ■■■■ in our own yard, against the trailer tyres while the trailer was on the concrete pad discharging our food product from the tanker into the silos! He denied all knowledge of it and tried to get me sacked for it. Unfortunately for him the CCTV above the discharge point got him clear as day. The toilets are max 60 seconds walk away in the QA building but was too lazy to walk. Couldn’t even be bothered to pull out the hose reel 5ft away and rinse his mess into the drain.

Most drivers are disgustings individuals, one step away from being feral animals. The number of conscientious, self-respecting drivers out there can be counted on one hand.

A1 from down south all way up to Yorkshire is absolutely disgusting in places. Lack of bins or overflowing bins is the main problem.
A19 is the cleanest area, most days they have litter patrols keeping it clean

ArcticMonkey:
A1 from down south all way up to Yorkshire is absolutely disgusting in places. Lack of bins or overflowing bins is the main problem.
A19 is the cleanest area, most days they have litter patrols keeping it clean

Shouldn’t need litter patrols lack of bins is not the problem, why can’t people just take there litter home?

I read our local paper and every week I see the same names of all the local scumbags in the court reports being fined and sentenced to “community payback” for their latest exploits. Maybe a good way for the community to see justice being done would be to have them out on the roadsides, chain gang style, clearing all the crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mick Bracewell:

elsa Lad:

I think there’s a landfill site round there as there’s load of rubbish tippers on and off at that junction. I’ve followed them countless times when they’re empty and have the sheet over, but the sheet just bounces about in the wind and the loose rubbish remaining in the trailer gets picked up in the vacuum and flies out onto the carriageway. :unamused:

We had a new guy start with us a couple of years ago and I was out in the passenger seat showing him the routes. He’d eat his garage-bought sandwiches, crisps, chocolate bars and then open the window as he was driving down the motorway and dump the wrappers for all of them onto the carriageway. Thought it was hilarious. Sadly for him I didn’t see the funny side and he was told not to bother coming in tomorrow, nor any days thereafter.

Another employee was caught having a ■■■■ in our own yard, against the trailer tyres while the trailer was on the concrete pad discharging our food product from the tanker into the silos! He denied all knowledge of it and tried to get me sacked for it. Unfortunately for him the CCTV above the discharge point got him clear as day. The toilets are max 60 seconds walk away in the QA building but was too lazy to walk. Couldn’t even be bothered to pull out the hose reel 5ft away and rinse his mess into the drain.

Most drivers are disgustings individuals, one step away from being feral animals. The number of conscientious, self-respecting drivers out there can be counted on one hand.

What you post on here is nothing more than “litter”.

I thought your company…meaning you only recruited the “very best” and you have no turn over of staff because they are all absolutely gleaming and the creme de la creme of drivers as you would’nt “consider” a CV from someone otherwise?

Just going on from what you have said previously, so you were either talking ■■■■ then…or ■■■■ now…which is it mick?

Case in point,.Stafford MSA this morning, litter, tyre casing,.and the obligatory Richard the Third…incidentally the khazi is 20 yards away, obviously the dirty 2hat who laid this cable :open_mouth: was too lazy to waddle across the truck park, so decided to drop it at his passenger side door (or drivers door if the usual crew prefer to blame the foreigners :unamused: )
Wtf is wrong with these people■■? :neutral_face:

Tbh,.I ain’t got much sympathy for the MSA (apart from the poor ■■■■ who will gave to clean it all up) maybe it’s a protest to being financially raped for parking, but still no excuse.

These are the type of arse wipes amongst us who get us banned from parking on industrial estates near to town facilities. :imp:
Crashing and burning is too good for them, but at least it would rid them from our industry to the benefit of the rest of us…you know who you are.! :bulb:

Thank God for smartphones Robroy! Can you imagine taking that picture back in the day and then standing in line at Boots waiting to pick up your photographs and receiving “that” look from the person handing you your photos? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
Thank God for smartphones Robroy! Can you imagine taking that picture back in the day and then standing in line at Boots waiting to pick up your photographs and receiving “that” look from the person handing you your photos? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A certain group of lads (not me honest :wink: ) when we …(I mean THEY :bulb: ) were younger used to keep a group of girls talking at a table in the local night club,.and while they were not looking take their cameras (not phones in those days) to the bog and take selfie ‘■■■■ pics’ and place the camera back on the table.
I’d love to see their Mam’s reaction when she picked the photos up at the chemist and took em home. :laughing: :laughing:
Miss spent youth. :laughing:

well for a start they could ( whoever’s job it is ) start emptying rubbish bins , everywhere you go there overflowing , you wouldn’t leave your kitchen swing bin to overflowing then start moaning at the mrs , you empty it , so I’m sure services with there £4/5 sarnies , £3 coffees earn enough to employ someone to empty them on a regular basis
Then when the verges are full of crap there is a valid reason for having a moan at the ones who are too bone idle to deposit there rubbish in the empty bin
Nb bit baffled about drivers on here moaning about lay-bys as 99 % apparently wouldn’t go near the ■■■■ holes , they just use there nice little industrial estates with there own pubs & gammon teas !!!

dozy:
Nb bit baffled about drivers on here moaning about lay-bys as 99 % apparently wouldn’t go near the [zb] holes , they just use there nice little industrial estates with there own pubs & gammon teas !!!

Away dozy man, don’t you be sitting there being all baffled and confused, , I’ll explain just for you. :sunglasses:

Just because I don’t allow some planner in some office, to make a complete and utter prick of me, by allowing him to run me ragged to the last minute, thus forcing me to park up in some unsuitable ■■■■ lay by, and making me miss out on a more suitable parking place that befits my experience, and worse still…missing out on my ‘Gammon meal’ and a quick pint, :open_mouth:
It does not disqualify me from holding, (and stating) an opinion on adverse environmental issues…hope that clears things up for you me old mate. :wink: