Disgusted :|

There’s a time and a place for everything. I’ve known drivers who have smoked weed all day at work which is wrong. It’s the same as driving round knocking back cans of lager. But I can’t see a problem with it in your spare time if it’s your thing.
For the record I don’t use cannabis the smell of it makes me feel ill.

bigvern1:
I don’t drink/smoke and have never taken anything illegal. Does this make ME wrong for condemning drugs?

Not if you treat smoking, alcohol and illegal drugs with the same contempt. But it does sound like you need to get out a bit more and enjoy life.

kr79:
There’s a time and a place for everything. I’ve known drivers who have smoked weed all day at work which is wrong. It’s the same as driving round knocking back cans of lager. But I can’t see a problem with it in your spare time if it’s your thing.
For the record I don’t use cannabis the smell of it makes me feel ill.

A very sensible post

switchlogic:

bigvern1:
I don’t drink/smoke and have never taken anything illegal. Does this make ME wrong for condemning drugs?

Not if you treat smoking, alcohol and illegal drugs with the same contempt. But it does sound like you need to get out a bit more and enjoy life.

So because I don’t do any of these things, I don’t enjoy life?
I may be wrong, but my other interests seem to make up for it! :wink:

WildGoose:

have a big problem with drug dealers, i hate them and their kind more than i can put into words, and have nothing but contempt for those weedy useless pratts who abuse their minds and bodies by using the crap.

In my ideal society any convicted drug dealer would be put against a wall and shot, end of problem, next one to take their place same result, even the thickest drug pusher would get the message that it was likely to be a short career with no pension.

There was once a regime, with a similar outlook towards anything that differed from their own viewpoint. It was called the Third Reich, and it didn’t end so well.

It’s understandable, for those who have worked their entire lives with a belief in a system. It can get very scary when within one single night, maybe a matter of hours, that belief system has been blown completely away. People are often most fearful of what they understand the least.

I would rather all drivers had an experience, and an ability to see the world for the farce that it is, instead of clinging onto this idea of an all powerful, all knowing government, and that if they put in their time, they will be justly rewarded.

Making your own mind up about things, is the beginning of the only real freedom anyone really has, so why would you throw it away based on what the governement tells you to do?

Thats the whole point, i do use my eyes and my wits and i have seen the wreckage and misery that drug use leaves in its wake, it isn’t the fluffy make you feel good harmless fun those who use or sell the stuff would want you to believe.
The filth is mind altering and can be permanently mentally destabilising to many people, it not only destroys the individual but can have devastating effects on the extended family of that individual.

I love the old alchohol chestnut that druggies trot out continually, not as it bothers me either way cos i don’t need any unnatural stimulant to make my life complete or to help cope with the pressures weak minded individuals seem to find themselves permanently under.

As for govt propaganda and making ones own mind up, druggies seem to believe like other alternative sects that they are the only individuals out there, its laughable.

They didn’t discover hallucinatary or mind altering drugs, they simply joined another club (like those idiots who put identical ‘customised’ bumpers lights and spoilers on their sh*t cars to make them different when all they are doing is conforming to someone else who’s usually making money from them by selling them the crap)…unable like the sheep who read the papers, and believe the crap within, to be a true individual because they lack the courage and the ability to be a true individual.

Why anyone with an ounce of common bloody sense would want to risk the permanent damage drug (or alchohol or tobacco) use brings will always be a mystery to me.

The most disgusting drug users IMO are those who have children (see, thinking of the children…:wink:, what the hell worthwhile respect will those children have, what the hell example does it set for them at the most impressionable times of their lives.

Let me tell you what a respectable father is, he’s a man who his son (me) never saw drunk let alone the ludicrous thought of drug induced zombiefied, who’s word meant something, who never owed another man a penny, who whatever happened went to work to provide for his family and never threw a sickie in his life, who loved and cared for them and brought his children up by his fine example.

bigvern1:

switchlogic:

bigvern1:

Well I think it’s plain that the answer is no you don’t…

Can I suggest a little smoke in my crack pipe. Or maybe a little crystal meth with be more your thing.

#ONWARD>>>

And your reasoning is?

switchlogic:

bigvern1:

switchlogic:

bigvern1:

Can I suggest a little smoke in my crack pipe. Or maybe a little crystal meth with be more your thing.

#ONWARD>>>

I look forwards to the new likes top tips video as this gives some good ideas.

jessicas dad:

switchlogic:

bigvern1:

switchlogic:

bigvern1:

#ONWARD>>>

I look forwards to the new likes top tips video as this gives some good ideas.

It’s going to be a Luke & Limeyphil co production…

bigvern1:
And your reasoning is?

Chill out maaaaan, chill ouuuuut.

Always! :sunglasses:

I tried a few naughty things in my teens, and looking back I think I was a ■■■■ for doing it. Can’t see the attraction. Users seem to have some real issues. If you need to get coked up to enjoy yourself, or smoke weed to cope with life, or if you just take it because everyone else is, then you have major mental issues. I can say that as I sit back and observe people, before and after, with a clear head. I also have a junkie in my side of the family and a former one in my wifes side. And Luke, I’m surprised at your comment that anyone can do our job. There’s many a driver I’ve encountered that can’t do it, let alone some of the clowns I know who haven’t got a licence. Takes a certain person to cope with the pressure of this job. Just in time deliveries, 15hrs a day mega mileage. Anyone can get a licence, not anyone can do the job

Yeah maybe not everyone is cut out to be a lorry driver but a sight more people could train up and pass the hgv test than could pass the exams to be a doctor.
The same as every person who takes an illegal drug will become a low life granny bashing scum bag same as every person who trys a bottle of cider in the park at 14 won’t become an alcoholic.
But at the same time I’d give crystal meth a miss.

OVLOV JAY:
IAnd Luke, I’m surprised at your comment that anyone can do our job. There’s many a driver I’ve encountered that can’t do it, let alone some of the clowns I know who haven’t got a licence. Takes a certain person to cope with the pressure of this job. Just in time deliveries, 15hrs a day mega mileage.

It’s no secret on here that I don’t consider it to be a particularly hard job, or a stressful one for that matter. But then I don’t feel pressure really, I float about from a to b to c to the best of my abilities and if I’m on time great. If I’m late then I’m late. No point stressing about it.

But then I may not feel pressure because of all the crack…

I have off today and just thinking that i have missed out of that feeling,full with Drugs from ■■■ Party to ■■■ party

me too

i’ve always worked for irish companies, and it’s obviously rife over there. even the bosses say “what’s the craic”. :laughing:

I feel if you need drugs, tobacco or alcohol to aid in enjoying life then you are severely missing out. I spent a lot of my younger years wired, stoned and drunk. Then i grew up! realised there is more to life and that you get a better fulfilment from it without the need of any additional uplifts. I drink to accompany meals as part of a meal now and have given up smoking ■■■■ altogether.

I’m happy and contented in experiencing life without the need of a crux. The largest issue with any illegal drugs is that around such “harmless” drugs is the criminal entity that surrounds it. From the smuggled Vietnamese workers factoring plants in houses to the girls working the streets paying or their addiction. The argument surrounding the legality of drugs is a odd one really, and comparing it to alcohol is a little odd too. Granted you can become addicted to both, just in the same way you can become addicted to fruit machines, the horses and the internet. But again if you need those things to improve or run you’re life then you need to look deeply at yourself and wonder why

switchlogic:
But then I may not feel pressure because of all the crack…

No that makes me whizz about and get all stressed a nice delicious blob of heroin is the thing to ease the

pressure . It improves my fuel figures also on the Isotrak system which is nice .