Directions to B & Q RDC Swindon

I have got a delivery to do here tomorrow and was after directions please as driver who told me wad a little vague. Many thanks and oh I will be starting from Felixstowe so A14, A12, M25, M4 and then■■?

What’s so hard about typing “B&Q RDC Swindon” into google to obtain the postcode SN3 4QS and then typing said postcode into googlemaps? Do you have people wipe your arse for you as well because you can’t do that either?

Then J15 head up the A419 past the A420 exit and come off at the A361 exit, follow road round to a roundabout bear left there underneath the A419 till you come to another roundabout and bear left again and It’s the huge place on your left and Honda is on the right.

Left hand down!:
What’s so hard about typing “B&Q RDC Swindon” into google to obtain the postcode SN3 4QS and then typing said postcode into googlemaps? Do you have people wipe your arse for you as well because you can’t do that either?

Very helpful :frowning:

bald bloke:
Then J15 head up the A419 past the A420 exit and come off at the A361 exit, follow road round to a roundabout bear left there underneath the A419 till you come to another roundabout and bear left again and It’s the huge place on your left and Honda is on the right.

This^^^^

Look for the signs for South marston and look over to your right you can’t miss it,it’s ■■■■■■ huge!!

Swindon truckstop is not far away by Sainsburys on the road to Oxford A420.For a brew or get supplies from the supermarket next door.
I have tipped at B&Q , they were friendly enough.
Once tipped , you can eat in their canteen but get permission from goods in staff on where to park without blocking in anything.
They tipped me in 20 minutes.

Thanks in the main for your replies very helpful. Was thinking of a more scenic route back A420,.A34,.M40, A43,.A45,.A14… How much longer do you reckon this will add on and are there still speed cameras on A420?..Thanks

Lhd do you seriously have nothing better to do than just type rubbish. Get a life your posts are just stupidly routine now.

Two speed cameras on the A420.It is a scenic drive to Oxford from Swindon.
You get to the A 34 and can just see the tops of the tower buildings in Oxford.Spires.
There is not much difference in time or mileage by going this way.
Watch the roundabout called Tubney Woods.
You get cars and vans that push past and overtake on the roundabout.
It is a dual carriagway there but not enough room for two vehicles.
They get annoyed when the trailer stops them gwtting past.
About halfway from Swindon to Oxford,pull in at the American diner.
Yank food from malt milkshakes to waffles. By a BP garage.

Left hand down!:

I have to agree with this. Why is it so hard for someone obviously having the ability to get online, otherwise they couldn’t ask the question in the first place, from looking at the maps app & putting in the location? How did this industry survive prior to the interwebnet? Personally I would be too embarrassed to come on here & ask directions with all the driving aids we have these days.

On the A34 n/b before the M40 , you can turn left at Middleton Stony to avoid the queues and road works.

BillyHunt:

Left hand down!:

I have to agree with this. Why is it so hard for someone obviously having the ability to get online, otherwise they couldn’t ask the question in the first place, from looking at the maps app & putting in the location? How did this industry survive prior to the interwebnet? Personally I would be too embarrassed to come on here & ask directions with all the driving aids we have these days.

well to be honest my normal phone has died so I’m using a Samsung Ace God knows why they call it an Ace :unamused: should be called a Joker I can load trucknet quicker than getting the map app up and running, if it ever does fully load :unamused: . a quick moan and then put some directions would have done …so LHD managed to put a post on with Post Code but didn’t bother to add any useful directions … but then we all have the be all end all singing dancing driver aids don’t we Billy ,

nick2008:

BillyHunt:

Left hand down!:

well to be honest my normal phone has died so I’m using a Samsung Ace God knows why they call it an Ace :unamused: should be called a Joker I can load trucknet quicker than getting the map app up and running, if it ever does fully load :unamused: . a quick moan and then put some directions would have done …so LHD managed to put a post on with Post Code but didn’t bother to add any useful directions … but then we all have the be all end all singing dancing driver aids don’t we Billy ,

Why the ■■■■ would I need to add “any useful directions” to the postcode I provided when there are about 3,000,000 different map, navigation and route planning websites out there? I say again, do you guys need your arses wiping for you as well? FFS. Another prime example of drivers being thick [zb]s unable to do anything for themselves without someone holding their hand. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Left hand down!:

nick2008:

BillyHunt:

Left hand down!:

Why the [zb] would I need to add “any useful directions” to the postcode I provided when there are about 3,000,000 different map, navigation and route planning websites out there? I say again, do you guys need your arses wiping for you as well? FFS. Another prime example of drivers being thick [zb]s unable to do anything for themselves without someone holding their hand. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

like I said

I’m using a Samsung Ace God knows why they call it an Ace :unamused: should be called a Joker I can load trucknet quicker than getting the map app up and running, if it ever does fully load

or could you not read that bit … :unamused:

nick2008:
…so LHD managed to put a post on with Post Code but didn’t bother to add any useful directions … but then we all have the be all end all singing dancing driver aids don’t we Billy ,

Yep my map book is top of the range, as is my A-Z, or even do as I used to, get to the nearest services/garage & have a quick look in their local A-Z.try having a look on your home computer/laptop or tablet. Failing that you could always ask a colleague, none been before? Try ringing the place & asking for the best route in. Sat navs work a treat also, can’t afford one? Download WAZE app, other apps are available. Last, but not least, upgrade your phone.

To the drivers who were helpful and constructive I thank you. To the less than constructive drivers who have posted somewhat rather insulting comments thank you also for taking up time posting. Everyone is entitled to an opinion however next time I want the opinion’s of idiots I know where to find YOU!

Again thankyou for the directions and info posted. The reason I asked is there was no other drivers in yard at 0100 and I see trucknet as a big yard. As with any yards there are the helpful, friendly drivers whom I would get the drinks in for. And the other clowns whom I wouldn’t.

BillyHunt:

nick2008:
…so LHD managed to put a post on with Post Code but didn’t bother to add any useful directions … but then we all have the be all end all singing dancing driver aids don’t we Billy ,

Yep my map book is top of the range, as is my A-Z, or even do as I used to, get to the nearest services/garage & have a quick look in their local A-Z.try having a look on your home computer/laptop or tablet. Failing that you could always ask a colleague, none been before? Try ringing the place & asking for the best route in. Sat navs work a treat also, can’t afford one? Download WAZE app, other apps are available. Last, but not least, upgrade your phone.

lol yeah I just cant see the need for me to upgrade at the moment. I know where I’m going every night so the tinternet on it is just an additional toy :wink: .as long as it lets me make and receive phone calls and texts that’s all I really need the camera works it has a torch and I use an app that has my rota on it along with the alarm to wake me up after me hour snooze in the night :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Norfolknewbie:
To the drivers who were helpful and constructive I thank you. To the less than constructive drivers who have posted somewhat rather insulting comments thank you also for taking up time posting. Everyone is entitled to an opinion however next time I want the opinion’s of idiots I know where to find YOU!

Again thankyou for the directions and info posted. The reason I asked is there was no other drivers in yard at 0100 and I see trucknet as a big yard. As with any yards there are the helpful, friendly drivers whom I would get the drinks in for. And the other clowns whom I wouldn’t.

You need to watch them cameras on the 420 I’m not sure if they’ve been turned back on or not but its a nice steady drive if nothing else…
I always though the forums were a place to ask. even more so for advice on how to or who to see what to miss etc some times that little nugget of info like there’s a farm gate with 2 blue and red lights on it turn opposite can make the difference of making the turn or having to drive 10miles cross country lanes and hill side passes just to turn around …
you just ask fella someone will help… :wink:

Norfolknewbie:

The only “idiot” here is yourself by being too lazy and/or thick to use any of the 1000s of tools available at your fingertips. The “newbie” bit of your name says it all really; typical modern day driver that doesn’t know one end of a truck from the other.

Some harsh comments about Norfolk Newbie.He was only asking for help in an area he was not sure of.
All new drivers have to start somewhere and never stop learning.