Digital tachograph help please

Going digital can somebody help me. Am a owner driver what else do I have to do besides putting the card in.do I have to do a print out everyday and do I have to download every 28 days, and if I do what do I need to download.been told different tales but could do with someone putting me right.thanks

I am here: tapatalk.com/map.php?3srb1c
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to get an operator card as well as your driver card.

You also need to get the appropriate hardware and software to allow you to download your driver card (every 28 days) and then information in the tacho head itself (every 56 days).

HTH,
Paul

google easytac, the guys there are very helpfull with no pressure to buy,i pestered them for months before i bought.
make sure the download gear you buy has no subscription on it, some of them you buy, and then have to pay an annual subscription to continue to use it. Like Paul says you must have an operator card as well so you can lock the tacho out to you only, and this must be done the first time you use the tacho or you wont be able to download and then you have failed to keep records. :smiley:

Forget the printouts, you have no need to printout as you will be squeaky clean. Just put a roll in the machine and keep a spare one in the lorry and forget about it.

Try Tachochart. Tachodisc or Easytac. Much of a muchness for about 300 quid

Dont forget to keep a spare roll in the cab, i hear its a £60 on the spot fine if there isnt one!

Madguy. :imp:

madguy:
Dont forget to keep a spare roll in the cab, i hear its a £60 on the spot fine if there isnt one!

Madguy. :imp:

Its not an offence, not to have a spare roll, the offence is “Failure to ensure that printing can be carried out correctly”. Carry a spare roll to ensure you always have enough paper.

will do everything :wink:

ebay.co.uk/itm/280840320815? … 963wt_1185

So when you’ve downloaded all the info, where do you store it as computers probabley not the best place, liable to crashes, corruptions, crims having your laptop away or whatever. So is it usb stick, burn it to CD or ?.

Big Joe:
So when you’ve downloaded all the info, where do you store it as computers probabley not the best place, liable to crashes, corruptions, crims having your laptop away or whatever. So is it usb stick, burn it to CD or ?.

Computers are far more reliable these days and if you do a weekly back up or even get a cheap external hard drive, you should be fine. You only need to keep the records for a maximum 2 years even if you are using it for RTD.

A simple back up is to email the data to yourself on an orange, hotmail or yahoo account :bulb:

Big Joe:

laptop, usb stick and cd’s :wink:

You need to down load it to your laptop/pc, then i hit the back up button and send it to a usb that i keep soley for records. If you can pm me with your number if you like and i will talk you through it,

Robbo

I use Dropbox for any important stuff - you have a normal folder on your PC, which auto-synchronises with an online storage somewhere on the web. Anytime you drop a file in that folder, it automatically gets uploaded to secure storage, whcih you can access anywhere, at anytime, from any PC. It’s free up to 2Gb of storage. Have a look at www.dropbox.com if it sounds of any use.

Gary

shuttlespanker:

This from the above linked ad for this item…

ARE YOU OPERATING ILLEAGALLY??

:open_mouth:

thanks for all your advice,have brought a digidown plus,what happens if your 28 day download day falls on a sunday,can you get into bother for downloading in rest period.thanks for all help

BIGGEE:
thanks for all your advice,have brought a digidown plus,what happens if your 28 day download day falls on a sunday,can you get into bother for downloading in rest period.thanks for all help

Is this for your drivers card? You can download on the Friday before, 28 days is the max! you can download every week if you really want.

Don’t forget you will need to download the vehicle as well, that’s every 40 something?? I do ours every month. Again the good thing about digital is you can download when ever as the tool just adds the new records, just don’t go over the maximum amount of days.

ibson:

BIGGEE:

Is this for your drivers card? You can download on the Friday before, 28 days is the max! you can download every week if you really want.

^^This.

You can download as often as you like, 28 days is simply the maximum period between downloads that you should allow. A lot of employers download the cards of agency drivers at the end of every shift so they’re covered if they never see that driver again.

Paul

shuttlespanker:

Wow that is very expensive, :open_mouth:, especially as you’re buying from e bay. Cheaper from a proper shop! PM for cheaper places to buy, with back up, guarantees and suitable software packages. :smiley:

There are other threads on this board about downloading digital tachograph discs that you might want to look at too.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25467

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=81698

tiger65:

shuttlespanker:

Wow that is very expensive, :open_mouth:, especially as you’re buying from e bay. Cheaper from a proper shop! PM for cheaper places to buy, with back up, guarantees and suitable software packages. :smiley:

would you care to back up your claim that this is expensive with credible links?

this unit will download the driver card, the Vehicle head unit, also the driver card whilst it is in the head unit, they also provide the full software package to run the equipment

there is no annual fee, it does not analyse the data, it just stores it, but, there is no legal requirement to have the data analysed by an outside company

tiger65:

shuttlespanker:

AS you’re selling the stuff I’m sure you would say that ! Please keep it within our advertising rules :wink: