Digital Tacho question.

apologies for reviving this thread, but I’m also new to digi and think I’ve pulled my card tonight without ending the shift. Yesterday was my first day and when I finished at 1645 I got a closing odometer reading (rest mode is the last thing showing on printout for one minute) but today the last thing on the printout is other work and I don’t have a summary showing the closing odometer/total KMs driven today.

Will I need to do a manual entry in the morning to show I was on rest between 1750 tonight and 0600 tomorrow? I’ve watched those videos and it seems to make sense, but just want to check what I need to do so that I don’t just put card in and drive off and give myself even more grief later in the day!

It’s a stoneridge tacho (I think) but looks like the one posted in the pics/videos on this thread with the big circular button

Cheers

kevchalluk:
apologies for reviving this thread, but I’m also new to digi and think I’ve pulled my card tonight without ending the shift. Yesterday was my first day and when I finished at 1645 I got a closing odometer reading (rest mode is the last thing showing on printout for one minute) but today the last thing on the printout is other work and I don’t have a summary showing the closing odometer/total KMs driven today.

Will I need to do a manual entry in the morning to show I was on rest between 1750 tonight and 0600 tomorrow? I’ve watched those videos and it seems to make sense, but just want to check what I need to do so that I don’t just put card in and drive off and give myself even more grief later in the day!

It’s a stoneridge tacho (I think) but looks like the one posted in the pics/videos on this thread with the big circular button

Cheers

Unless Stoneridge have changed their tachographs (I don’t think they have) only Siemens tachographs have the round button with “OK” on it.

Whether or not you need to do a manual entry depends on how old the tachograph is, with the old type of digital tachograph the time between withdrawing the card and reinserting it is assumed to be rest, with the new type of digital tachographs you manually insert the daily rest.

If in doubt do a manual entry, and good luck :slight_smile:

Could’ve sworn I’d seen the name Stoneridge on it, but I could be wrong. It DEFINITELY looks like the ones in the video, so perhaps not. It’s in a 60 plate Iveco Eurocargo rental truck. I’ll attempt the manual entry for rest period in the morning and see if it works! Just been looking at a PDF of instructions, seems straightforward enough… (famous last words)

dtco.co.uk/generator/www/uk/ … nfo_uv.pdf

And in future, should I always select rest mode BEFORE ejecting? I don’t really want to get into doing manual entries at the start of each shift to adjust timings as it seems that once I’ve parked up, I’m in the car and on my way home

kevchalluk:
And in future, should I always select rest mode BEFORE ejecting? I don’t really want to get into doing manual entries at the start of each shift to adjust timings as it seems that once I’ve parked up, I’m in the car and on my way home

Bit of a grey area and some pedantic soul will say ‘When you pull the card you still have to hand your keys in so your still working’.
If you put on rest before ejecting then I THINK it will record as rest from then to card insertion.

I myself do a manual entry in the morning to finish off the previous shift worked and to start the current day,
eg - card out at 16.50 = Manual entry to finish at 1700
Card in at 07.40 = Manual entry to start from 07.30

true, I can see the thinking behind that, but keys go in my pocket after I’ve locked up and I don’t hang about so not really something that bothers me. Still trying to get my head around all the tacho/hours stuff - no amount of reading about this sort of stuff while you’re doing your training will prepare you for the reality! :laughing:

kevchalluk:
true, I can see the thinking behind that, but keys go in my pocket after I’ve locked up and I don’t hang about so not really something that bothers me. Still trying to get my head around all the tacho/hours stuff - no amount of reading about this sort of stuff while you’re doing your training will prepare you for the reality! :laughing:

Its easy, ■■■■ easy,
The lad I double man with hadnt been taught how to use digi, I had used them previous, couple of shifts in of guiding him through manual entries I was happy enough to leave him to it,
Its not difficult, its just a different way than your used to :wink:

Well, I’m looking forward to saving driving time when we get some new trucks later in the year, but if the compulsory manual entries on the new digitachs take as long as the old ones to process (in particular scrolling to the correct date/time) and I have heard they are a bit of a PITA to do, then I will not be amused.