Digital Tacho question.

This morning i put my digi card in at 6.00,left the yard at 6.30 and drove for 1hr to my first delivery and noticed that the digi tacho was showing that i had driven 3hrs 15mins.
I did a print out and it showed that i had only driven 1hr so i thought it might reset itself so i carried on th my next job,as i pulled in the customers yard the digi tacho started to flash telling me to take a break even though id only driven for about 2 hrs.
My load wasnt ready so i had a 45min break and digi tacho rest itself.

Also at the end of a 11hr day i did another print out,the driving time (7hrs 15mins) was ok on the print out but other work said 8hrs 5mins but in reality i only did about 1hr 30m other work and the rest of my day was made up of breaks.

I didnt use my digi card yesterday (monday last time)

Anybody any ideas whats gone on and has anybody else had the same problem ■■?

Thanks for any help. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

check for fault code ,the tacho head may have an internal fault and need renewing

Is it a new digi tacho and did you do a manual entry ■■? :wink:

billybigrig:
Is it a new digi tacho and did you do a manual entry ■■? :wink:

Bingo :wink: :smiley:

Sounds like you didn’t end your last shift, so it thinks you have done more than you have.
You need to do a manual entry at the start of every shift!

yes i did a manual entry for about 10mins at the start of the day because it takes about 10 mins to get keys and paperwork and walk to truck.
Why would doing a manual entry alter my driving time ■■?

TTX boy:
yes i did a manual entry for about 10mins at the start of the day because it takes about 10 mins to get keys and paperwork and walk to truck.
Why would doing a manual entry alter my driving time ■■?

Yes, but did you do a manual entry to show when you finished your last shift, and rest taken? If not, it would carry over your driving from your last shift if no rest or break was entered. Not explained well, but hope you get the drift.

thanks for you reply.
no i didnt do a manual entry when i finised because i didnt need too,i just ejected my card.

so if i do a manual entry at the start of my shift i have to do a manual entery at the end of my shift ■■?

Did you put the mode switch to Break when you ejected it ? I manually finished and started a shift a few weeks ago and had the same senario as you. The only thing I can think is that I finished the previous shift with the wrong mode

TTX boy:
thanks for you reply.
no i didnt do a manual entry when i finised because i didnt need too,i just ejected my card.

You can’t do a manual entry at the end of the shift, all manual entries are done when you insert the card at the start of a shift.

When you insert the card at the start of the shift you do a manual entry for the end of the last shift and the start of the current shift.

If you’re using the old type of digital tachograph (type 1) the fact that you never ended your last shift won’t matter as the time the card is out is assumed to be rest.
However the new type of digital tachograph works slightly differently, when you insert the card you’re prompted to end the last shift and put either rest or ? for the time from the end of the last shift to the start of the current shift.

TTX boy:
so if i do a manual entry at the start of my shift i have to do a manual entery at the end of my shift ■■?

If you press the “OK” or “Enter” button on a digital tachograph when prompted to do a manual entry you will be prompted to end the last shift.

As far as I can see the only way to figure out what’s happened would be to do printouts for the last two shifts that you’ve used your driver card and see what’s been recorded.

Thanks for you help.

Yes i did do a print out and it recorded my shift exactly how it was but in the summary box my driving and break times were correct but it had me having done over 8 hrs other work but i only did about 1hr 30 mins other work.

This came up a while ago, theres a very good link to youtube and a guy showing you the new digi head unit. Sorted it for me :wink: :wink: Any clever ■■■■ on here find it :blush: :blush:

Instruction manuals and old type digital tachograph simulator

just watched it,had to watch it twice,still not 100% sure what to do.
I could do with it written down on a piece of paper just to walk myself through it on monday morning.

Thanks for everyone help.

tachograph:
Instruction manuals and old type digital tachograph simulator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF6CMkZu8To&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Thanks dude, thats the one. Watch it a few times, after that all clear :smiley: :smiley:

TTX boy:
just watched it,had to watch it twice,still not 100% sure what to do.
I could do with it written down on a piece of paper just to walk myself through it on monday morning.

Thanks for everyone help.

What type of digital tachograph are you using, is it a Siemens or Stoneridge ?

MrReliable:
Did you put the mode switch to Break when you ejected it ?
The only thing I can think is that I finished the previous shift with the wrong mode

Yup, I agree (done that :blush: )

im using siemans.

Im going wrong on the manual entries but not sure were ive gone wrong.

I wanted to add 15mins to the previous days work and then add 10mins to my new shift,i.e(start work at 6.30 but card not put in until 6.40) but ive gone wrong somewhere.

If your running out on Sunday I can nip up and show you, only 5 mins down the road.