Digital Tacho question.

not in until monday but thanks anyway. :smiley:

Have a search for a simulator on their website. You can practice all you want!

Is it the latest 1.4 model?

when i start my shift do i have to do a manual entry to show that i have had 11hrs rest ā– ā– ?

TTX boy:
when i start my shift do i have to do a manual entry to show that i have had 11hrs rest ā– ā– ?

To answer that correctly we need to know which type of digital tachograph it is, is it the latest Siemens type 2 or an older Siemens type 1 digital tachograph.

Sorry about the questions but without knowing exactly what type of digital tachograph youā€™re using youā€™re likely to get incorrect information.

Hi tachograph,
im not sure,i will have to check on monday but itā€™s a brand new truck if that helps?

TTX boy:

If you do it anyway, youā€™re covered.

TTX boy:
Hi tachograph,
im not sure,i will have to check on monday but itā€™s a brand new truck if that helps?

If itā€™s a new vehicle it will be a new type tachograph the same as in the video posted above.

With this type of digital tachograph you do a manual entry to record the daily rest period as shown in the video.

tachograph:

TTX boy:
Hi tachograph,

If itā€™s a new vehicle it will be a new type tachograph the same as in the video posted above.

With this type of digital tachograph you do a manual entry to record the daily rest period as shown in the video.

With the new type I always select rest mode for a minute before removing the card otherwise Iā€™ve found the same as you that it adds the previous days last driving period to the following day giving you a break warning long before itā€™s due.

Trev_H:

tachograph:

TTX boy:
Hi tachograph,

With the new type I always select rest mode for a minute before removing the card otherwise Iā€™ve found the same as you that it adds the previous days last driving period to the following day giving you a break warning long before itā€™s due.

Presumably you put the card in and let it do itā€™s own thing rather than doing a manual entry ?

How come with all this modern technology they cannot get the digitachs to work properly and to recognise the EU regs ?

tachograph:

Trev_H:

tachograph:

TTX boy:
Hi tachograph,

Presumably you put the card in and let it do itā€™s own thing rather than doing a manual entry ?

I do a manual entry when I put the card in the next day, if for some reason I didnā€™t finish straight away or I couldnā€™t put the card in as soon as I start.

when you do a manual entry for the end of the previous day you then click ok to end of shift,then that must be obvious that that is the start of your rest period.

The digi tacho only wants to know what you did from when you took your card out until you finished you shift,it dosent ask you when you started your rest period and when you started your shift again,it must assume that between end of shift and start of shift is a rest period.

Im i correct about the above ā– ā– ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

TTX boy:
when you do a manual entry for the end of the previous day you then click ok to end of shift,then that must be obvious that that is the start of your rest period.

The digi tacho only wants to know what you did from when you took your card out until you finished you shift,it dosent ask you when you started your rest period and when you started your shift again,it must assume that between end of shift and start of shift is a rest period.

Yes that right. I only put mine to rest a minute before I eject it just in case I forget to do a manual entry the next morning for whatever, that way you donā€™t get the break warning flashing up before its due, probably not strictly correct but its the only way an old ā– ā– ā– ā–  like me can remember :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

TTX boy:

No thatā€™s not correct.

Iā€™m sorry but I posted the wrong video before, that was for doing a manual entry during a shift, this one is much better for explaining how to do a manual entry to end the previous shift and start a current shift.

just watched the video above,im i correct in thinking the guy hasnā€™t used is card for over a month ā– ā– ?

If im wrong,im still lost!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

TTX boy:
just watched the video above,im i correct in thinking the guy hasnā€™t used is card for over a month ā– ā– ?

Yes you are correct.

TTX boy:

That right itā€™s nearly a month, the card was last ejected on the 07/07/11 at 18:52, the card was put back in on 04/08/11 at 13:03

In the image bellow which was taken from the video the top line is the last time the card was withdrawn and the bottom line is the time the card was just inserted.

You always adjust the bottom line, so the activity shown bottom left (looking at the image) is the activity that youā€™re setting for the date/time difference between the top line and the bottom line.

digital_tachograph.png

Thanks tachograph for your help.

just 1 last question, i hope :laughing: , In the video it shows him putting a question mark for what he has done between shifts,why cant you put it to bed mode (rest), whats the differance ā– ā– ?

I will let you know how i get on monday morning,thanks again.

TTX boy:
Thanks tachograph for your help.

just 1 last question, i hope :laughing: , In the video it shows him putting a question mark for what he has done between shifts,why cant you put it to bed mode (rest), whats the differance ā– ā– ?

I will let you know how i get on monday morning,thanks again.

If the last shift you did was with the driver card you can use the bed symbol (rest).

However take me for example, Iā€™m an agency driver and occasionally will use an analogue tachograph, when I insert the card I will generally use the rest symbol for the period between the last shift on the card and the current shift, but if Iā€™ve used an analogue tachograph in-between those dates Iā€™ll use the ?, If Iā€™ve done a shift on an analogue tachograph I havenā€™t been on rest since the last shift on the card so I cannot use the bed symbol.

Basically you can only use the bed symbol if youā€™ve been on rest all the time between the last shift recorded on the card and the shift youā€™re just starting.

Hope that makes sense :confused: :laughing:

oh right,now i understand.
well that will include me cause i do a lot of moving between differant trucks,some with digi and some with analog tachos.

well thanks again,i will see how i get on monday morning. :slight_smile: