Digi Tachograph Printout

Hi all.
I was looking on the ‘Experienced Drivers’ forum last friday where i spotted something that, if true, I found to be a little bit worrying.
Somebody made a statement to the effect that if you take a digi-card printout without a good reason, then VOSA could fine you £100 per printout.
Apparently you must NOT take a printout unless it is to correct a mistake or unless it is to make an explanation of a deviation.
This worries me because I take a printout at the end of every shift so I can remember where I am up to with my hours and my breaks and my daily/ weekly rests. VOSA could fine me about £3000 so far.
Why can’t I take a printout? Who does it harm? How does it harm them?
OR was it a load of ■■■■■■■■ and a total wind-up?
If its a wind up, then its the wrong kind of thing to wind up about because these EU rules are so childishly drawn up anyway somebody could take it serious and get a fine for not knowing where they are up to with hours.

Does anybody know whether this is right or wrong.
If its right, what regulation of what rule references printouts. etc. etc etc.
LandyLad

LandyLad:
Hi all.
I was looking on the ‘Experienced Drivers’ forum last friday where i spotted something that, if true, I found to be a little bit worrying.
Somebody made a statement to the effect that if you take a digi-card printout without a good reason, then VOSA could fine you £100 per printout.
Apparently you must NOT take a printout unless it is to correct a mistake or unless it is to make an explanation of a deviation.
This worries me because I take a printout at the end of every shift so I can remember where I am up to with my hours and my breaks and my daily/ weekly rests. VOSA could fine me about £3000 so far.
If its a wind up, then its the wrong kind of thing to wind up about because these EU rules are so childishly drawn up anyway somebody could take it serious and get a fine for not knowing where they are up to with hours.

LandyLad

It was a wind-up, under normal circumstances you can take or not take as many or as few printouts as you wish :wink:

You only need to take a printout if you need to write a manual entry on it, but if for any reason you want to take a printout and your company doesn’t mind then that’s OK and you wont be fined or questioned about it by VOSA, in fact unless you tell them about the printouts VOSA will have no way of knowing that you’ve taken printouts.

ONE - NIL !!

Straight in, what a goal. Took the defender sleeping!!

You got me.

:smiley:

Thanks

LandyLad:
ONE - NIL !!

Straight in, what a goal. Took the defender sleeping!!

You got me.

:smiley:

Thanks

Not me, it was a certain member who likes Coffee :wink:

LandyLad:
Hi all.

They should do for wasting paper if nothing else.

LandyLad:

It doesn’t harm, them, but it could harm your wallet so stop taking printouts and just read the data you need of the card when it is in the VU.

LandyLad:

Not a wind up.

LandyLad:

It’s right

LandyLad:

EU/MMTM- 2006/562 Article 8, section 2. It’s all in there.

tachograph:
…in fact unless you tell them about the printouts VOSA will have no way of knowing that you’ve taken printouts.

orly.jpg

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:
…in fact unless you tell them about the printouts VOSA will have no way of knowing that you’ve taken printouts.

ya_rly.jpg

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

Okay, if you want to believe that I can’t stop you.

I have highlighted something on this example, can anyone else tell me what it means :laughing:

Now then Coffers me old mate,

“EU/MMTM- 2006/562 Article 8, section 2. It’s all in there.”

MMTM shares the same initial letters as the well known phrase “My Mate Told Me” and as Section 2 of

Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs
Goods vehicles in the UK and Europe
(Revised 2009 GV262 — 02)

don’t say nothin 'bout printouts being restricted to usage in conjuction with errors and infringements, I guess you was tryin to score a goal from the halfway line! :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:
I have highlighted something on this example, can anyone else tell me what it means :laughing:

Digital Printout.JPG

The top section you’ve highlighted shows that the printout is a 24 hour printout form the driver card.

The other section you’ve highlighted shows the last time a control card was used to to do a printout.

That doesn’t show when drivers have done printouts :smiley:

Nice try though WN :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

tachograph:

Wheel Nut:

The top section you’ve highlighted shows that the printout is a 24 hour printout form the driver card.

The other section you’ve highlighted shows the last time a control card was used to to do a printout.

That doesn’t show when drivers have done printouts :smiley:

Nice try though WN :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

i believe when you download the VU, those little black triangles will say when a printout has been taken, date and time, otherwise why bother having a symbol on the printout at all?

Nice try? All I did was show you that what you said was not necessarily true.

in fact unless you tell them about the printouts VOSA will have no way of knowing that you’ve taken printouts.

In fact as soon as Violet, Volker or Vincent Vosa put in their control card they can see exactly when you last did printouts, they can also see when the driver card was removed, what time you were speeding and what the VU technician did at his last inspection, they can tell if the case was opened or if the tachograph has been interfered with.

I imagine the same information is available to the operator if he understands how to interrogate his download software.

Wheel Nut:

in fact unless you tell them about the printouts VOSA will have no way of knowing that you’ve taken printouts.

In fact as soon as Violet, Volker or Vincent Vosa put in their control card they can see exactly when you last did printouts

Where’s the evidence of this and why would VOSA want to know when you did printouts :confused:

tachograph:

Wheel Nut:

In fact as soon as Violet, Volker or Vincent Vosa put in their control card they can see exactly when you last did printouts

Where’s the evidence of this and why would VOSA want to know when you did printouts :confused:

So they can issue the fines for non required printouts obviously. :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

Wheel Nut:

So they can issue the fines for non required printouts obviously. :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

LandyLad:
Now then Coffers me old mate,

“EU/MMTM- 2006/562 Article 8, section 2. It’s all in there.”

MMTM shares the same initial letters as the well known phrase “My Mate Told Me”

So it does, I never noticed that, but in this case it stand for Multi Modal Transport Management.

LandyLad:
and as Section 2 of

Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs
Goods vehicles in the UK and Europe
(Revised 2009 GV262 — 02)

don’t say nothin 'bout printouts being restricted to usage in conjuction with errors and infringements, I guess you was tryin to score a goal from the halfway line! :slight_smile:

gv262 deals with EC 561/2006, this comes from EU 2006/562. Different publications and is to do with the downloading and retention of data rather than the hours regulations. Those regulations deal with download requirements, 28 and 42 days, along with when charts must be returned and printouts comes under that.

tachograph:

Wheel Nut:

The evidence is the little black triangle, and VOSA probably wouldn’t want to know, but you said that the only way they could tell is if a driver told them :stuck_out_tongue:

"
REGULATION (EC) No 562/2006 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
of 15 March 2006
establishing a Community Code on the rules governing the movement of persons across borders
(Schengen Borders Code)
"

No mention of printout or download in this Act.

it only deals with cross border stuff. Or could you point out the exact paragraph/section please?

Thanks.

i too would like to know the correct answer to this as i take a printout every time i work and the truck has digi mainly for my records but also good to keep a record as im an agency driver