Digi tacho defaults to bed

Ey up Guys, Sorry if this has been asked before but here goes.Ive just been given a DAF (63 plate) and the tacho unit default setting is break.Should stay on crossed hammers surely.Even dieseling up,gets back in the cab,its on break.This isnt rite is it.?Is it a trip to the tacho calibration centre?Anyone have the same situation.?..Cheers…Martin…

yes.in a nutshell.

Thats all I need to know.I’ll get it looked at,cheers Whiplash

Mine does the same.A right pain.Needs to be reset by a qualified centre.

Drove a whole fleet (not at the same time silly) of Axors that had been wired up to default to other work, a right pain in the arse, half way through your break slip the ignition on to open/close a window and the sod went straight to other work immediately cancelling out break.

Best of it was i collected lots of them from the dealer over several weeks, soon as i noticed the problem i raised it, blank looks at the dealer, and as is the case with the large logisticski operator not one of the petty manager types could be bothered to pick the phone up and get it sorted.

Don’t worry about it mate, at least you’ll not be cutting short your breaks, its their lorry if they can’t be arsed to fix it carry on regardless.

it depends how its been set up you can have it changed at a tacho center, as far as i no its not a defective unit its just set that way its set up

Some tachos can be changed without going to a calibration centre

Stoneridge : se5000.com/support-faq.html

Yeh cheers Guys,I just like everything spot on.Don’t like showing loads of little funny breaks every 2 mins,Another thing is,When I have the PTO on,it stays on crossed hammers.Ruddy thing,never had all this with My Actros,and I’m missing the EPS,come back Actros,please.lol.

I`ve had issues with this too. A few weeks back, I was halfway through a 45 and took the keys out to nip to the nearby shop. Got back to the yard and downloaded my digi at the end of the day and got flagged with an infringement. Bloody thing defaulted to other work. The explanation was that the head unit was set up on a continental setting (whatever that implies) and merely removing the keys from the barrel was seen by the tacho as “changing the state of the vehicle”. Thanks to the guys in the office for forewarning me. :unamused:

We have a mix of both. Merc defaults to other work, Volvo defaults to rest. Alright for those of us that keep our own trucks, but hard work for the lads that don’t

coffee,time,mart:
Yeh cheers Guys,I just like everything spot on.Don’t like showing loads of little funny breaks every 2 mins,Another thing is,When I have the PTO on,it stays on crossed hammers.Ruddy thing,never had all this with My Actros,and I’m missing the EPS,come back Actros,please.lol.

that would be correct as your working surely

Yeh thats right nick2008 but My big toys a 9 car,car transporter and I like to sort out the cars I’m collecting with the truck turned of.Trying to do My bit to save diesel.I only start the engine and pto once I have driven the 1st 4 cars on.But like I say,ruddy thing won’t stay on crossed hammers.

■■■■■■■:
The explanation was that the head unit was set up on a continental setting (whatever that implies) and merely removing the keys from the barrel was seen by the tacho as “changing the state of the vehicle”.

Whoever told you that was waffling, I drive vehicles on the “continent” and known of them do that.

coffee,time,mart:
Yeh thats right nick2008 but My big toys a 9 car,car transporter and I like to sort out the cars I’m collecting with the truck turned of.Trying to do My bit to save diesel.I only start the engine and pto once I have driven the 1st 4 cars on.But like I say,ruddy thing won’t stay on crossed hammers.

but as said before its not a fault with the unit. its set up that way …just get it changed on the next service to revert to x hammers but make sure that it wont change from rest to x hammers when the ignition is switched on or off as that buggers you right up.

I realize what Your saying now nick2008. The plot thickens…I know of a calibration centre in hunslet,leeds.I’ll pop in there and have a chat with them next time I’m passing.

Héraultais:

■■■■■■■:
The explanation was that the head unit was set up on a continental setting (whatever that implies) and merely removing the keys from the barrel was seen by the tacho as “changing the state of the vehicle”.

Whoever told you that was waffling, I drive vehicles on the “continent” and known of them do that.

Interesting! No names, but they were also happy for you to tip on break - you know the type of outfit :unamused:
Jacked em in anyways, and Im now on with a strictly legit company. Thanks for the input, H. :wink:

Juddian:
Drove a whole fleet (not at the same time silly) of Axors that had been wired up to default to other work, a right pain in the arse, half way through your break slip the ignition on to open/close a window and the sod went straight to other work immediately cancelling out break.

Best of it was i collected lots of them from the dealer over several weeks, soon as i noticed the problem i raised it, blank looks at the dealer, and as is the case with the large logisticski operator not one of the petty manager types could be bothered to pick the phone up and get it sorted.

Don’t worry about it mate, at least you’ll not be cutting short your breaks, its their lorry if they can’t be arsed to fix it carry on regardless.

we have them too. 14 plate axors. I did a night out a few weeks ago, no 15s left so 11 hours off. At lunchtime it was roasting so i turned the ignition on to open a window and looked up. 9.02 crossed hammers :imp:

i left it for the full 11 then 5 minutes bed. Printout showing rest at either end of my 11 off and a manual entry. Last week i got the ticking off for 4 infringements :unamused:

this is not a fault with the tacho

it can be set to default to whatever the company want

at the end of the day, it is the drivers responsibility to make sure it is set to the correct mode

personally, i would prefer it to default to bed, at least that way, you cannot forget to switch it to bed when you are having a break :wink:

shuttlespanker:
, you cannot forget to switch it to bed

thought that’s all you ever used when tipping spanky being a box boy :wink: :wink:

Yep, I have come across this, & its a soddin’ nuisance, & I had to keep checking with a torch to see what mode it was on after turning the ignition off. Is it anything to do with incompatible software? I have only come across it in Daf’s , although some Daf’s it works properly & others it doesn’t :confused: But if you get a wrong un, it’s a real menace :smiling_imp: